Beverage Package

allegiant

I've never sailed Princess but went on Celebrity seven day cruise.

I'm looking for a Princess cruise. On Celebrity the premium beverage package allow any liquor drinks that are under $14 and glasses of wine that are also under fourteen bucks. On Princess the package is for drinks that are under $10. Is it enough to have good choice of wine and martinis and is it possible to have wine by glass at main dining room? Thank you

I've never sailed Princess but went on Celebrity seven day cruise.

I'm looking for a Princess cruise. On Celebrity the premium beverage package allow any liquor drinks that are under $14 and glasses of wine that are also under fourteen bucks. On Princess the package is for drinks that are under $10. Is it enough to have good choice of wine and martinis and is it possible to have wine by glass at main dining room? Thank you

I haven't sailed and used the AIBP yet but I've seen many Princess bar menus online and, from what I can tell, there are only a handful of drinks that are more than $10.

I am so ready to go!

You also get 40% off of certain bottles of wine but, as one poster pointed out, it's probably not a good idea to buy a bottle if you can get unlimited glasses for yourself.

Yes, most mixed drinks on Princess are under $10, as are most straight up drinks. There is a large selection of wine by the glass for under $10 and Vines has an extended selection. The package is good in any DR. The Princess package includes all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, for example sodas, brewed coffee, espresso drinks. The Princess package is purchased individually, no one else is required to purchase the package. There is no limit on drinks per day, per hour.

You are required to purchase for the total number of days of the cruise, all sea and port days included, including embarkation day.

The only drinks I saw that were out of range was on the Regal, a couple drinks at the Bellini bar. Everything else was good to go! Princess has the most generous drink package IMHO. Compared to Royal and NCL that is. They give you all the waters, coffees, cocktails, wines, sodas, etc. Others restrict you so much more. It's worth the money.

Do they ever offer the beverage package for "free."?

I know it's not free but when it's part of a package, it doesn't hurt so bad.

Yes its sometimes on some special promo fares. Thats how we got ours for the Med cruise a few weeks ago. 12 days=$700 each! It was a great promo and allowed us to experience it without buying it.

We have it included as a promo on our Island 19 day PC cruise next Nov at $1100 each!!!! :eek:

Yikes!!

95% or more of the individual beverages on Princess will be $10 or less. (Of course double shots will cost more.)

Although a number of wines are offered by the glass in the dining room, the more extensive wine list has many which are sold by the bottle only (40% discount with the beverage package and can be shared with those that do not have the package).

The Vines wine bar (if on your ship) will have a larger variety of wines available by the glass.

Yes, we were fortunate to get the All-Inclusive Beverage Package as a promotion for our upcoming 28-day Mediterranean cruise on the Royal. It is valued at $ 1,577.80 per person, for both my wife and I. There is no way we would ever drink that much, but with liquor, beer, wine, coffee, water and on the Royal, gelato included, that will be a real savings for sure.