Just got a call back about the Restaurant meals

Merriem

I am happy that you were happy with 2 meals a day and no embarkation lunch. I, on the other hand, would not have been happy with any less than what was promised. Yes, some posts here are ugly, but most posts were pointing out we deserve what we paid for. We are/were frustrated and annoyed that it takes this "whining" "perisitence", whatever you want to call it, to get the attention of Celebrity to consider our feelings and potential rights as a paying customer. I agree that the snide and jealous people who post here over and over again need to simmer. I do no agree that voicing our frustrations is ugly...if that is what you meant. I am happy this issue is hopefully taken care of. I for one was going to cancel my trip before final payment for another cruise line if this was not fixed in an appropriate way. It was THAT impotant to me. Now if someone can answer my question as to why the apps in MC have disappeared and why when they are there they are inedible. Wishing everyone a great day.

I totally agree with you. Yes, getting what you are paying for is hardly whining. So according to some folks, if you buy a Mercedes and they give you a Ford instead...that should be okay!

Just got a call back stating they had changed back to three meals a day. Not sure what to make of Celebrity and this whole issue and the suite restaurant

I've just booked a suite on the Silhouette. I think by the time we sail all of their teething problems with Luminae will have been ironed out and my friends, wife and I will all have a wonderful experience. If things don't go well, we'll simply switch bookings but I'm positive and think they will get it right.

It's good to see the power of social media at work though. People need to be mindful that if big corporations can deliver less for the same price then they will for the sake of their bottom line. Expressing frustration when they don't deliver keeps them on their toes and will to a degree ensure the brand doesn't suffer long term. I can't understand while some people think it's unacceptable to voice concerns... :confused:

I totally agree with you. Yes, getting what you are paying for is hardly whining. So according to some folks, if you buy a Mercedes and they give you a Ford instead...that should be okay!

See all of this from both sides. I think there may be some who booked a suite b4 the announcements who then felt they were missing out. peoples who booked after the announcements were morally and (uk) legally entitled to the Mercedes

i would love a Tesla but Company wont buy one. Mercedes is so yesterday IMHO [emoji12]

However I am delighted that Cel X will deliver my Tesla Equivalent , which is what I expected when I changed to a suite.

I am back in steerage next January . Luminae offering will be not top of my concerns but the World Bar ..............

Kudos to Cruise Critic....and us. Celebrity tried to pull the ole bait and switch and this community held their feet to the fire. They're slippery!

While on our cruise we were told that they were not completely up and running with all meals and decor and that if we liked what we saw then we would really be happy when they had it all together.

Hi Kevnzworld & Ma Bell,

I think Ma Bell has it right. When I was on Equinox a couple of weeks ago, I heard that Celebrity was planning to introduce 3 meals per day at Luminae in the near future, but I opted not to post it, as I was unable to confirm. The last thing I'd ever want, is to post inaccurate information - especially as this has been a concern (and rightfully so) with so many guests who've booked Suites.

FWIW, I do not feel this was a case of bait and switch at all. As we look back over the past few weeks, it seems clear that Celebrity had initial rollout execution issues with Luminae. With all due respect to Celebrity... as they had well over a year to plan this, and, the expectations were huge - there's little excuse for this not working to near perfection from Day 1.

At any rate, I'm very pleased to hear that Celebrity will be offering 3 meals per day in Luminae. Hopefully, I will get to dine at Luminae one of these days !

Hi Kevnzworld & Ma Bell,

I think Ma Bell has it right. When I was on Equinox a couple of weeks ago, I heard that Celebrity was planning to introduce 3 meals per day at Luminae in the near future, but I opted not to post it, as I was unable to confirm. The last thing I'd ever want, is to post inaccurate information - especially as this has been a concern (and rightfully so) with so many guests who've booked Suites.

FWIW, I do not feel this was a case of bait and switch at all. As we look back over the past few weeks, it seems clear that Celebrity had initial rollout execution issues with Luminae. With all due respect to Celebrity... as they had well over a year to plan this, and, the expectations were huge - there's little excuse for this not working to near perfection from Day 1.

At any rate, I'm very pleased to hear that Celebrity will be offering 3 meals per day in Luminae. Hopefully, I will get to dine at Luminae one of these days !

I think I am reading your post correctly, and the initial announcement said three meals a day. If I am incorrect, please advise. I am glad it has been resolved.

Hi Kevnzworld & Ma Bell,

Sorry...can't buy that Andy....why would they put the "interim" meal information on their web page which focuses on selling future cruises. If they were planning on 3 meals a day...that's what they would have published with perhaps a statement that implementation would be gradual and initially they would serve breakfast on some days and brunch on others.

I think they found that implementing what was clearly announced (see the talk with Jo R....) had a cost...and in today's "cut every cost" environment, someone in HQ convinced themselves that the breakfast/brunch would work...and cost less to implement....and, of course, it would be easier to implement on the ships.

Doesn't matter...but it's pretty doubtful that a couple of weeks ago, they were planning on 3 meals a day before the strong reaction on CC (and likely other places as well).

Hi Kevnzworld & Ma Bell,

Andy,

It's not often the case, but I have to disagree with you. As I'm sure you're aware, we sailed on some of the first Luminae sailings and were pretty satisfied in most instances with what they offered, given the amount of time they were open, but agree with Ma Bell above. However, I was specifically told by an officer on Summit that no lunch was planned, and fairly certain I posted this and am certain I expressed my dissatisfaction to him regarding this decision. Add his comments to me, in addition to the fact Celebrity changed the suite FAQ online to be much more ambiguous about lunch, I am not as sure they were planning it all along. Finally, if lunch was being planned all along on all days, the Celebrity Rep on this forum probably could have confirmed this much faster. Now we both know that crew onboard, whether the officer I spoke to or the one you did, are often wrong, or the information we received has morphed as it has been passed down the line, but it doesn't really matter I guess as they're moving forward with what many of us expected.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Andy,

It's not often the case, but I have to disagree with you. As I'm sure you're aware, we sailed on some of the first Luminae sailings and were pretty satisfied in most instances with what they offered, given the amount of time they were open, but agree with Ma Bell above. However, I was specifically told by an officer on Summit that no lunch was planned, and fairly certain I posted this and am certain I expressed my dissatisfaction to him regarding this decision. Add his comments to me, in addition to the fact Celebrity changed the suite FAQ online to be much more ambiguous about lunch, I am not as sure they were planning it all along. Finally, if lunch was being planned all along on all days, the Celebrity Rep on this forum probably could have confirmed this much faster. Now we both know that crew onboard, whether the officer I spoke to or the one you did, are often wrong, or the information we received has morphed as it has been passed down the line, but it doesn't really matter I guess as they're moving forward with what many of us expected.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

That's interesting. What you were told on Summit, is completely different than what I heard on Equinox a couple of weeks ago. But then again, we all know that what's heard on the ship often does not become reality ! Again, that's why I opted not to report on it while I was onboard, as I didn't want to risk sharing potentially inaccurate information, and didn't want to make a higly contested situation any worse.

As I said earlier, I believe that Celebrity could have done a lot better in the rollout, and there's no excuse for not delivering what was previously stated, especially as they had plenty of time to get things right. With that said, I remain hopeful that Luminae will improve over the coming weeks and months.

Edited by Host Andy

If they were always going to have the three meals as originally promised then I do not understand why they changed the website to indicate two and so many were told it was only going to be two After opening.

I think somewhere someone calculated no one really wanted three or cared about it, or would miss it.

And then they discovered a few loyal people actually did read the sales material and loved the idea as originally sold.

Then there are the Brits, who are sticklers for truth in advertising, sort of like we used to be.

If they were always going to have the three meals as originally promised then I do not understand why they changed the website to indicate two and so many were told it was only going to be two After opening.

I think somewhere someone calculated no one really wanted three or cared about it, or would miss it.

And then they discovered a few loyal people actually did read the sales material and loved the idea as originally sold.

Then there are the Brits, who are sticklers for truth in advertising, sort of like we used to be.

Us Brits are not 'sticklers for truth in advertising' . Our legal system demands it. tend to send the untruthful people to........???

Edited by gcgold

Us Brits are not 'sticklers for truth in advertising' . Our legal system demands it. tend to send the untruthful people to........???

Parliament [emoji12]

We do one better ... if you are running for elected office, you can advertise any dribble, and not be accountable, even if it is blatantly false .

over here our MP's create the laws . when they get caught cheating their expenses they claim they didnt the rules and were puzzled when it was pointed put that the rules were made by .,,,,,,?

Them[emoji12]

Edited by gcgold

over here our MP's create the laws . when they get caught cheating their expenses they claim they didnt the rules and were puzzled when it was pointed put that the rules were made by .,,,,,,?

Them[emoji12]

Oh ... maybe we learned from you folks ;)

We now return you yo your regularly scheduled programming.

Oh dear...I was just pointing out how much I admire companies who do what they advertise and people who notice if they don't.

As far as elections and ads....I am strictly using only snopes or sites like that to know anything.

Oh dear...I was just pointing out how much I admire companies who do what they advertise and people who notice if they don't.

As far as elections and ads....I am strictly using only snopes or sites like that to know anything.

haha . dont worry us Brits aren't easily offended . took your comments as a compliment. dont understand your last sentence at all [emoji32]

any chance you could translate the last sentence into English please [emoji12][emoji41]? you guys will be joining the europeans next- driving on the wrong side of the road [emoji13]

haha . dont worry us Brits aren't easily offended . took your comments as a compliment. dont understand your last sentence at all [emoji32]

any chance you could translate the last sentence into English please [emoji12][emoji41]? you guys will be joining the europeans next- driving on the wrong side of the road [emoji13]

Glad to hear it! ;)

Because there is less truth in politics or cable news and more shock value entertainment, I look for sites that research the truth, use a couple in case they go sideways. Last political season it was snopes.com and a university.

Not sure they research cruise lines yet! Lol

you guys will be joining the europeans next- driving on the wrong side of the road [emoji13]

My understanding is that after Henry Ford popularized the automobile, plans for roads were sent to the UK from the States but for some reason they were sent in mirror image. :D

And regarding "truth in politics", oh how I wish every USA campaign ad could only tout proven facts instead of innuendo. You're lucky as your election has now concluded. We have another bloody 18 months to look forward too.:(

Think we have problems? Look at the forums on NCL where those folks are going nuts over a restaurant issue. NCL announced they would start charging a $7.95 service fee for room service. Now they have announced a new policy of not allowing any food to be brought from dining locations, including the buffet, to the cabins. In other words, they are going to charge for room service and make it the only way you can get food or a snack to your room. I don't know how they are going to enforce a rule stopping folks from picking up a coffee and some pastries in the buffet and bringing them to the room, but they apparently are going to try.

One of the excuses is to prevent "unsanitary" dirty dishes from piling up in the cabins or hallways. However, you are welcome to pile up as much garbage as you wish for a $7.95 fee.

So, you think suite passengers not having lunch every day in their special restaurant was an issue? Try no more food in cabins unless you pay for it.

Think we have problems? Look at the forums on NCL where those folks are going nuts over a restaurant issue. NCL announced they would start charging a $7.95 service fee for room service. Now they have announced a new policy of not allowing any food to be brought from dining locations, including the buffet, to the cabins. In other words, they are going to charge for room service and make it the only way you can get food or a snack to your room. I don't know how they are going to enforce a rule stopping folks from picking up a coffee and some pastries in the buffet and bringing them to the room, but they apparently are going to try.

One of the excuses is to prevent "unsanitary" dirty dishes from piling up in the cabins or hallways. However, you are welcome to pile up as much garbage as you wish for a $7.95 fee.

So, you think suite passengers not having lunch every day in their special restaurant was an issue? Try no more food in cabins unless you pay for it.

That's really awful ! :mad:

We never really wanted to sail with NCL but they've just sealed the deal for us! :(

Unless you're in a suite...

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sorry...can't buy that Andy....why would they put the "interim" meal information on their web page which focuses on selling future cruises. If they were planning on 3 meals a day...that's what they would have published with perhaps a statement that implementation would be gradual and initially they would serve breakfast on some days and brunch on others.

I think they found that implementing what was clearly announced (see the talk with Jo R....) had a cost...and in today's "cut every cost" environment, someone in HQ convinced themselves that the breakfast/brunch would work...and cost less to implement....and, of course, it would be easier to implement on the ships.

Doesn't matter...but it's pretty doubtful that a couple of weeks ago, they were planning on 3 meals a day before the strong reaction on CC (and likely other places as well).

I have no dog in this fight. Likely never will book a suite. (But then 4 years ago I never expected to go cruising.) In any case, one valuable lesson I have learned from this and earlier discussions is that it is important to keep copies, printed information or screen shots. A Link won't do it if the web-site content can be changed at Corporate's whim.