What time should we arrive at port

i know we've cruised many times but this time my extended is going, they want to get there early, what is the best time to arrive, and if you don't want to wait long in the seating lounge, thanks

We usually arrive between 10:30 and 10:45. I find once we check in then we are able to board right away or have a minimal wait of usually under 10 minutes.

This is of course barring any unusual circumstances that have delayed the boarding process.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I usually park at a discount lot near the port, especially at Port Everglades. They suggest you arrive after 11 am as that way all the departers have left and the parking lot spaces are more available. Then I figure 20-30 minutes to actually check in. So I am on board before noon. Lunch somewhere on the ship (usually not the Windjammer) and then rooms are ready. No waiting around. Works for me!

For us, regardless of port of embarkation, we have found 11:00am to be the ideal time. There are no long lines, you can board right away or within a few minutes, and there is no crowd yet at the Windjammer. By the time you have finished lunch and maybe checked out the ship a bit, the staterooms are ready.

Edited by cruisingsince94

The first cruise we took our DD's on (2010) we were all ready at the hotel then we get the news some one pulled a fire alarm at the cruise terminal and they had to evacuate so no one was allowed in until they checked the whole terminal and finished checking out the people coming off the ship . Soooo the vans that were taking us over could not even take us until they got the ok. They were not letting any new vehicles into the terminal area until they could make sure it was just a false alarm. Thank God it was!

Worst part was most of us had already checked out of our rooms , so the lobby and the front of the hotel was full of people sitting around for almost 2 hours waiting for the vans. Would have done no good to call a cab as no vehicles were being let into the area. When we finally did get to the port terminal the line literally wrapped around the building. In 5 cruises that by far was the LONGEST wait !!!

We usually get to the check in desk about 1:00... yep 1:00. We always park off site -- and they load up our luggage and the shuttle is usually quite empty. We get through luggage check in and security with no wait. We usually walk right up to the counter... and are on the ship in minutes. Cabins are usually opening when we arrive. We drop our bags and find lunch! We have a few minutes to relax before the drill! I'd rather arrive a little later than fight the crowds!

i know we've cruised many times but this time my extended is going, they want to get there early, what is the best time to arrive, and if you don't want to wait long in the seating lounge, thanks

Oasis check-in is efficient and fast. That does NOT mean that you can't encounter delays. It depends on any status you and your extended family have, and which line you can get in.

But boarding won't begin until after 11. It is likely to begin anywhere from 11:20 to 11:45.

So if your relatives don't want to sit at all, you should get to the pier after 11:30. That increases the chance that you will be able to check in and board directly.