Drink Package Questions

We will be on Oasis in January 2016. Haven't purchased a drink package in a while and while I have the prices per person for each package, and I can see what's included with each package, I still have a couple of questions:

1) For the Royal Replenish package, what is considered "still" water? Is that just the normal bottled water (like the Evian they have for the bottled water package)? With that package, can you get as many bottled waters you would like? For instance, could I get a fill up in my Coke cup and at the same time, get a bottled water or two or three?

2) Can someone please tell me typically how much frozen cocktails are? I love the strawberry coladas and the like but wondering if it's worth it to get the Premium package or just get one or two drinks a day and save money (IF I even get that many per day)?

3) We have 2 cabins. My husband and I are on one reservation while my 3 children (21,19 & 15) are on another reservation. If I want a package and my hubby does not, does he HAVE to get one? Same for my kids, if my 21 year old wants a drink package and my 15 year old wants a Royal Replenish package, is that do-able?

4) Not really drink package question but.....what is the drinking age on the ship? My 19 year old doesn't really drink (and really doesn't as he is going to school to be a pilot and they don't allow that or they get kicked out!) but IF he wanted to order a drink, is he old enough?

That's it.....for now :o

Still water is usually 500ml bottles of Crystal Geyser, but the brand can and does vary.

Royal does not require all guests in a stateroom to get the same or any package.

Drinking age is 21 for all US based itineraries.

If doing 1-2 drinks (of any kind) is all you do per day then the package is definitely not worth it.

I am not a frozen drink person, but my DW had a few and they ran about $9 - $12 each depending on the special of the day.

Rule of thumb is if you don't drink 6-8 drinks a day then it's probably not worth it to buy a drink package.

You can get 1 bottle of water with your coke. They'll only give you 1 bottle at a time. If I had both our cards, then they'd give me 2 bottles.

On Celebrity we had a mix of packages in 1 room. My dh had the alcohol package and I had the n/a package, I think RCCL works the same way.

On the package in general, I'm not a huge drinker but when it was dh & I on Grandeur I got the alcohol package and found it worth it. I drink coffees & a lot of bottled water so between those and then adding in drinks during the day it worked out for me. Plus I didn't sit and think should I or not because of the money so I think that made the crusie less stressful.

For your 19 yo, I think you can sign a waiver and he can drink wine or beer (although I may be confusing this with other cruise lines)

Edited by hansolosmom

"Rule of thumb is if you don't drink 6-8 drinks a day then it's probably not worth it to buy a drink package."

Have to disagree on this. If you drank just four frozen cocktails (at $12/each which is what most are now) you would break even. Toss in a bottle or two of water, or a soda or two throughout the day and you've come out ahead.

"Rule of thumb is if you don't drink 6-8 drinks a day then it's probably not worth it to buy a drink package."

Have to disagree on this. If you drank just four frozen cocktails (at $12/each which is what most are now) you would break even. Toss in a bottle or two of water, or a soda or two throughout the day and you've come out ahead.

Agreed. We buy the Premium and always win.

Sheri nailed it.

You can get 1 bottle of water with your coke. They'll only give you 1 bottle at a time. If I had both our cards, then they'd give me 2 bottles.

On Celebrity we had a mix of packages in 1 room. My dh had the alcohol package and I had the n/a package, I think RCCL works the same way.

On the package in general, I'm not a huge drinker but when it was dh & I on Grandeur I got the alcohol package and found it worth it. I drink coffees & a lot of bottled water so between those and then adding in drinks during the day it worked out for me. Plus I didn't sit and think should I or not because of the money so I think that made the crusie less stressful.

For your 19 yo, I think you can sign a waiver and he can drink wine or beer (although I may be confusing this with other cruise lines)

I was ususaĺy able to get a bottled water when I was getting a soda or specialty coffee. They would only give me one bottle at a time unless I had the both cards.

Me again.......sorry. I know I'm being a pain.

I'm just trying to break it down by drink prices to see if the packages are worth it (especially for my kids). Is there a list of actual prices for drinks? For instance, prices for glass of Coke, glass of wine, beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, fresh squeezed juice, etc.

I mean, for the Coke for my 15 year old, the package would be $4.50 per day (plus tip). If the Coke's are around $3.00 per glass anyway then I think it would make sense to get the package for her because she will definitely drink more than 2 a day and would like the souvenir cup. Right?

Thanks (again)!

+/- 6 drinks used to be about right, probably still about right for beer/wine drinkers since those prices didn't change.

If your hitting the cocktails at the new and improved $12 per drink rate though, then your right its about 4 a day to make it pay.

I'm trying to figure out if the Replenish package is worthwhile for my DW. If you know the prices for the following drinks, it would help me immensely in making my decision.

non alcoholic: Pina Coladas, Mango Daiquiris, Drink of the Day

Fresh Squeezed OJ

Bottled water

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to figure out if the Replenish package is worthwhile for my DW. If you know the prices for the following drinks, it would help me immensely in making my decision.

non alcoholic: Pina Coladas, Mango Daiquiris, Drink of the Day

Fresh Squeezed OJ

Bottled water

Thanks in advance.

OJ is around $4 and the 500ml bottled still water is around $2.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me, that have recently returned from a RCI cruise, what are the average cost for drinks if you pay out of pocket. A break down for water, premium coffee, soda, alcoholic drink, non-alcoholic specialty drink would be nice. Trying to decide if my wife and I need a drinking package or not. Thanks in advance.

AB

Can anyone tell me, that have recently returned from a RCI cruise, what are the average cost for drinks if you pay out of pocket. A break down for water, premium coffee, soda, alcoholic drink, non-alcoholic specialty drink would be nice. Trying to decide if my wife and I need a drinking package or not. Thanks in advance.

AB

Can of soda about $2.80. Premium coffers in the range of $4 - $6 depending on what you order and the size. Frozen alcoholic drink $12 plus 18 % gratuity. I think the non-alcoholic cocktails were around $7

Can of soda about $2.80. Premium coffers in the range of $4 - $6 depending on what you order and the size. Frozen alcoholic drink $12 plus 18 % gratuity. I think the non-alcoholic cocktails were around $7

Sounds good. Reportedly, the Independence has a Starbucks on board so there is guaranteed 7 mornings of coffee they will be getting and I drink about 3-4 alcoholic drinks a day mixed with soda, water, etc throughout the day. My wife on the other hand will drink water, soda, or juice and has only about 1-2 alcoholic drinks a day. Sounds like one package may be best and just pay for her drinks out of pocket.

AB