Death on Dream

jeanneful

Just found out that some people from my home town were on the Dream this week

and the woman died. She was in her 50's. Seems it was from Diabetes that got out of

control. So sad. My prayers are with the family.

As pp mentioned, this happens more often than you would think. We had a fellow cruiser pass two Junes ago while taking my parents on a 55th anniversary cruise on the Fascination. We have not cruised as much as many here, but in the time we have we have seen or heard of many medical evacuations (only done in dire circumstances). One of our last cruises a man was being wheeled off the ship as we boarded with a heart monitor attached. No one can predict these things, but cruising does make for more logistical issues regarding appropriate and timely care.

Our prayers and condolences to the family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just found out that some people from my home town were on the Dream this week

and the woman died. She was in her 50's. Seems it was from Diabetes that got out of

control. So sad. My prayers are with the family.

Death on cruise ships is quite common. There just is no obituary column in the daily Fun Times.

God bless the family and her soul! I can't imagine a vacation -- a time of joy and pleasure -- turning into a time of sorrow!

I have an almost 90 yo mother and I cruise with her. I know it can happen -- and I know she'd be happy if it were to happen while she was in such a wonderful and happy place!!! But, I know how hard it would be for survivors...

7,065 people in the USA passed away yesterday sadly. 151,338 passed away world wide.

453,211 passengers cruise daily. 21.6 million per year. Sadly, with this many people, some will pass away.

But when on vacation, most folks aren't sickly or dying of old age. Oh and car accidents don't typically happen either.

A few years ago, I took the Behind the Scenes tour, which took you to parts unseen by the passengers. It included the ship's morgue. The host of the tour said that they regularly have a death onboard. I've been on 2 cruises that I know that someone has died onboard. I'm sure that there may have been more, but the ship lines are very discreet

But when on vacation, most folks aren't sickly or dying of old age. Oh and car accidents don't typically happen either.

You might be surprised at the hundreds of cruise passengers that are injured in ports every year especially on the scooters that folks are warned not to rent.

My point is that people die everyday, including vacations. It is very sad for the relatives and friends. Yes, car accidents do happen on cruises in ports, along with getting run over, and numerous other bad things. It happens enough times that all ships have the facilities to handle death. Although I am not against praying for their family etc, but why them, and not the others? It shouldn't be a "shock" that someone dies on vacation but when they do, I would hope, they were enjoying themselves. Many people also cruise while "sickly" and elderly.

Before you know it, everyone is trying to get info on this poor persons history, medical, why they died, etc.

Does Carnival have to disclose to future passengers if someone died in the room they intend to book? I'd be terribly frightened of sleeping in a ghost cabin.

No, they do not. It's not as if you are buying a house. And even then, in most states you only have to disclose if a murder took place.