To Get FTTF Or Not To Get FTTF...

HollandAvery

well that's my question!

I've been debating it. Some have said it was a waste of their money and others have glorified it.

We are leaving out of Galveston and live in Austin so we will probably be leaving around 5:30am and hoping to get there by 10am (depending on traffic of course)

The main reason I want FTTF is so that we won't have to wait in those long lines before boarding the ship, so that our luggage will arrive to our room without worry, and so that our room will be ready as soon as we step foot on the ship so we can drop off our carry-on's and go grab lunch without carrying anything around. We'd also like to be able to explore our ship and take lots of photos before a ton of people are in the areas...but if we are carrying around luggage and what-not that will be a lot more difficult.

Another perk would be getting on the tender in Grand Cayman as fast as possible, as I want to do a little shopping before our excursion.

As far as the other perks I don't think I care too much about them, but I guess it would still be nice it was a choice if we needed them.

And as far as Galveston goes, we can be on the ship at 11am with FTTF correct? How early would you recommend we get to the port to park and go through security, etc? Or really, what is the earliest we can get there to do all that?

So...for what I'm looking for would $50 be a good deal? Opinions and experiences would be great (:

Edited by HollandAvery

We bought it for our cruise last year on the Breeze and loved it. My BIL calls it Faster to the Food. LOL. It was very nice to go to the rooms and dump all our crap in there, especially since they now want you to carry on your water or soda. People who were there earlier than us who didn't purchase it were on about half an hour after us, but we got there a good hour after them. I had some issues that required frequent visits to the Guest Services Desk, so I was super happy about having the benefit of a special line there. We haven't had to use the tender perk yet. I loved it enough to have already purchased it for my cruise NEXT YEAR. To each their own, your mileage may vary.

you will get lots of opinions here about it. For wife/me, we do like it. Getting on the ship quicker, able to drop off our bags... plus the other items... for us it is worth it... but only have to get it for one more cruise,

then we are platinum :)

We bought it for our cruise last year on the Breeze and loved it. My BIL calls it Faster to the Food. LOL. It was very nice to go to the rooms and dump all our crap in there, especially since they now want you to carry on your water or soda. People who were there earlier than us who didn't purchase it were on about half an hour after us, but we got there a good hour after them. I had some issues that required frequent visits to the Guest Services Desk, so I was super happy about having the benefit of a special line there. We haven't had to use the tender perk yet. I loved it enough to have already purchased it for my cruise NEXT YEAR. To each their own, your mileage may vary.

HAHA, I love the Faster to the Food idea...I think I may call it that now :p

Even just from your response I think I can tell it's a better idea to just go ahead and get it and not have to worry. I'm just really excited to be able to go straight to our room so I don't have to lug around bottles of wine and soda.

you will get lots of opinions here about it. For wife/me, we do like it. Getting on the ship quicker, able to drop off our bags... plus the other items... for us it is worth it... but only have to get it for one more cruise,

then we are platinum :)

Oh goodness, lucky you and congrats on being so close to Platinum! We have a LOOOONG way to go...but I do hope we make it there one day (:

thanks... you will... we've enjoyed cruising with Carnival. Good value for the price. And you will get there before you know it. Not knowing how many cruises you've done, but ES has been good to us... if you can book early, it is usually the cheapest, but does have a $50/person change fee. So if you can book in advance and know you won't have to change. It is a good way to go. And if the price drops during the time you book and cruise, you will get the price reductions.

We drive from Austin area. Usually get to Galveston around noon. The lines are horrible, and priority boarding has already totally cleared out. So I can only assume early arrivals have been on the ship awhile. We go straight to the front of each line (check-in, security, sail&sign) and are on the ship with virtually no waiting anywhere, anytime.

Love fttf.

For us it was totally worth it, just to get through the terminal in 15 minutes and get right on the ship and go to our room and drop the bags! I would pay the $50 just for that alone but if you tender it makes it more worth while not to have to stand in the big line to the tender.

well that's my question!

I've been debating it. Some have said it was a waste of their money and others have glorified it.

We are leaving out of Galveston and live in Austin so we will probably be leaving around 5:30am and hoping to get there by 10am (depending on traffic of course)

The main reason I want FTTF is so that we won't have to wait in those long lines before boarding the ship, so that our luggage will arrive to our room without worry, and so that our room will be ready as soon as we step foot on the ship so we can drop off our carry-on's and go grab lunch without carrying anything around. We'd also like to be able to explore our ship and take lots of photos before a ton of people are in the areas...but if we are carrying around luggage and what-not that will be a lot more difficult.

Another perk would be getting on the tender in Grand Cayman as fast as possible, as I want to do a little shopping before our excursion.

As far as the other perks I don't think I care too much about them, but I guess it would still be nice it was a choice if we needed them.

And as far as Galveston goes, we can be on the ship at 11am with FTTF correct? How early would you recommend we get to the port to park and go through security, etc? Or really, what is the earliest we can get there to do all that?

So...for what I'm looking for would $50 be a good deal? Opinions and experiences would be great (:

Carol and I don't necessarily care to be on the ship that early anymore. We arrive at the port city one or two days early. We lounge around our hotel, grab a nice local breakfast and then make our way to the ship. We get processed through in the early afternoon and take our carry on bags directly to the room. We are in the group that has not seen a need to purchase it.

Can you buy FTTF using on-board credit from carnival stock / shares? Or do you have to pay using CC?

You have to buy it online when available. It asked for my CC# when I booked it and it has showed up on my CC statement last month. We cruise in January. If it IS available you better make up your mind fast because they go way faster than you'd think. When I bought mine there were 11 available. 10 minutes later they were all gone.

well since you are arriving at the pier about 10am-- you will have about a 2 hour wait or so before boarding-- you will not be waiting in a line just waiting for your zone number to be called. You will be right behind the person who paid 50 bucks.

without the FTTF you will wait til the cabin is ready- about 1:30. yes this means dragging your carryon with you to the buffet while you eat your lunch and explore the ship.

its 50.00 per cabin NOT per person- so for you it might be worth it.

is it available for your sailing?

Can you buy FTTF using on-board credit from carnival stock / shares? Or do you have to pay using CC?

each sailing offer 30. FTTF in 15 increments. after the first 15 they inventory and see how many platinums and diamond members are boarding. if that number is not high they will offer the next set of 15.

you have to buy it way before you sail. Most cruises sell out.

This is so worth it. We just had 1 come available for our 11-16 Breeze cruise and snatched it up. It is great for tender ports especially if it is a high capacity day like when we are there. 5 Ships in 1 day on a tiny island is very crowded only so many tenders to go around.

It isn't worth it for us, but then again, we arrive early and are boarding basically in the first group behind FTTF. The extent of our carry on is one backpack. We just get up early and get in the first tender group (typically long before any FTTF I would assume). I have never had to use guest services for anything.

So, from my perspective. Id use the $50 for a night at the steakhouse instead.

We've purchased FTTF for every cruise for just the reasons you mentioned- earlier on the ship, luggage in your room, tender ports, etc... Best part was we were the first people on the beach at Half Moon Cay- that's my happy place :D

Every cruiser has different needs.

My husband hates waiting around for anything!! For him, getting on early and getting off first(with our carry yourself bags) makes his cruise more comfy!

We have had FTTF now 2 times and are getting ready for our 3rd cruise with it! Sooo nice to just be able to relax and know we won't have to deal with loooong lines!

It's great not to have to wait in line behind 9 gazillion folks wanting to get on the ship, when it's time to debark it's great to be some of the first off to start our drive home! But even if you are in line behind me and don't pay 50 bucks...let me say it's gonna be totally worth it to bypass those lines at guest services when you need to visit them....I never had to wait more than two minutes And our luggage shows up so fast it's not funny! I hate waiting on my clothes to arrive! We have a tender port this time so we'll see how that works out...I say it's awesome...try it once then you'll know if it's for you!

Ok I bought one for my cruise coming up later this month, Do I need to take a copy with me or that have it so I can proceed the shorter check in line?

You walk right up to the FTTF priority check-in line. No need for proof, they have it on your boarding pass that you need to bring.

Plus, your luggage tags will have it on them and the porters will put an orange tag on those tags as well.

Enjoy

We purchased FTTF this past July, for our Breeze cruise.

Honestly, just for the sheer fact we can go directly to our cabin and drop the bags, made it worth it for us.

We had no tender ports, so that was not a factor.

The other great thing was the Guest Services desk. No lines.

We had to go twice.

The "normal" line had 10-15 people, and I just walked right up and had no wait time.

Well worth the $50 in my opinion.

DH won't cruise without it now.:eek: