To Get FTTF Or Not To Get FTTF...

HollandAvery

Are the zone numbers new? We haven't cruised for almost 2 years, but we've cruised out of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Charleston, and San Juan and have never had zone numbers.

I think the longest it ever took to get through the embarkation process was 45 minutes and we're usually on by noon. We don't have carry-ons to drop off because we check everything except my purse which is no big deal to carry around. So no FTTF for us.

The only reason I would consider it would be if we have a few tender ports.

I read all your comments, I promise!

Thank you guys for helping me in making a choice...I AM going with FTTF...I purchased it just now :D

I'm pretty excited...only 420 days away (well, in 5 min)

I don't know how I'll survive until then...thank goodness for Cruise Critic!

I got it for my next cruise. I hate hauling my carryons around.

Plus, we have to tender at HMC and usually end up needing guest services at least once.

I think it will be worth 25 bucks pp for us..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We purchased FTTF this past July, for our Breeze cruise.

Honestly, just for the sheer fact we can go directly to our cabin and drop the bags, made it worth it for us.

We had no tender ports, so that was not a factor.

The other great thing was the Guest Services desk. No lines.

We had to go twice.

The "normal" line had 10-15 people, and I just walked right up and had no wait time.

Well worth the $50 in my opinion.

DH won't cruise without it now.:eek:

Does the special FTTF guest services handle these questions?

Selecting a cabana?

Adding cheers! & bubbles programs?

Getting extra key for kid's cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you guys for helping me in making a choice...I AM going with FTTF...I purchased it just now :D

I know what you mean about waiting. I had so much fun on my cruise in Feb that i booked for next Feb on the Valor in March. Hated waiting that long so I booked the Glory for November. Much better wait! Now I also have the Miracle booked for my birthday in May and 5 Day Disney Cruise to Cabo in October with my Disney loving cousin. Price was good on that one. 600 for an inside is cheap. I will get to try Disney and see what the hype is all about.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

If you arrive at 1, you will breeze thru check in, and your cabin will be waiting for you. I really don't understand that urge to be the first onboard. Now I'm Platinum and I still arrive around 1. No need to have lunch in a packed Lido. But that's me.

Ok I bought one for my cruise coming up later this month, Do I need to take a copy with me or that have it so I can proceed the shorter check in line?

It will be on your cruise documents. Just look for the VIP FTTF line when you get to port. Also, be sure to point out to the baggage handlers the FTTF on your luggage tags so they know to get your luggage to you sooner.

i bought FTTF for the first time for my upcoming cruise on the glory. i mostly bought it for priority boarding on the tender to go to HMC. but also it will be worth it to me because i will be getting up super early the day of the cruise to catch an early flight to FLL for the cruise. getting on the ship early and the room being ready means we can take a quick 2-3 hour nap before the muster drill. getting this second wind will make a huge difference for the first night and also the second day.

I think this was a good call! I debated it also for our first cruise on Carnival out of Jacksonville last month.

Anyway...that said. I can tell you that the real gem for FTTF is at the end of your vacation. I know you don't want to think about it, but FTTF provided us with the absolute BEST end to our vacation.

Again, YMMV, but for us...we were told to wait in one of the dining rooms for disembarking. It was a bit frustrating because announcements were happening on the ship, but we couldn't hear them in this dining room. Eventually, a crewman came to the room and said it was time for Number 1 to disembark. Follow her to the designated elevators.

These elevators have been commandeered by one crewman each. They open, get on, express elevator to the disembarking deck. Off you go to get your luggage and enter a relatively EMPTY line for customs/immigration. We were the first ones up to our official and we were out. It was so nice.

We used to live in Clear Lake area and sailed out of Galveston for spring break 2012. Galveston was a MESS. OMG...what a traffic jam. I don't know if our circumstance was the norm or not...but the traffic getting to the terminal wasn't fun to deal with, and we got there early-ish, since we only had a 25 minute drive to get there.

I don't recall everything about the terminal situation in Galveston. But when we disembarked, we were stuck waiting for quite a long time to be able to leave. The line was very long and it was kind of a bummer for the end of the vacation. Having FTTF to help you to by-pass a lot of this at the end. It's nice to be able to hit the road earlier than later when you need to get going to home.

Also...just to reiterate what some others have said. If you take advantage of the ability to bring beverages on board...it is SO NICE to be able to go directly to your cabin and unburden yourself so that you can then begin the fun of exploration and dining! It makes it easier to think about bringing on board your beverage allowance...

Edited by Anita Latte

I suspect, if you polled 50 different people, if they were to spend $50.00 on one thing from a list of cruise related items (FTTF, alcohol, an excursion, clothing, etc.), you'd get a wide variety of answers. What's "worth it" to one person won't be so for someone else. We purchased it for our last cruise, and it was definitely worth it to us. We've also purchased it for our next cruise. We like getting to the port early and being among the first to board, and dropping off our carry-ons in our cabin right away. Not waiting in a long line at the Purser's desk when we need help with something is another nice benefit. Priority tendering when going ashore, a plus. I think you get the idea.

I think it's a personal decision and no one can really make the decision based on what someone else does. Everyone has different priorities, expectations, needs, etc. I think everyone just has to decide if the perks are worth the extra money to them or if they can get by just fine without them.

If the perks are important to you, then it may be worth it to you. If the perks aren't that important, probably won't be worth it.

debbie

I had to switch cruises a couple of months ago, giving up my FTTF (got the credit back). But on the new cruise, nothing... :( Look every day and hoping one day I will find one.. then snatch it quick :D

If I may jump in here... I would recommend you check as often each day as you can. It seems as departure day gets closer they often add 15, other times as few as 5. They do go quick. These "additions" depend on the number of Diamond & Platinum pax booked.

Back to the original question... I think FTTF (whether Fun or Food!) is totally worth $50/cabin. Not only for the boarding and during the cruise enhancements but the priority disembarkation is, IMHO, THE BEST PART!

Not only the perks of getting on early but being able to go to Guest Services in the Short line. I rec'd some gift cards & had to go to GS to get them put on my S&S. the line was 20 people deep but the FTTF line only had 1

To the poster about bringing copy, your luggage tags will print FTTF on it

I did look into it when I first sailed Carnival in February but didn't find any need for it on that cruise or the ones that followed.

I'm sure if you travel with family (young children) and have a lot of luggage/bags/strollers etc. it might be worth it.

As a solo with a single bag I don't think I would benefit. I don't get to the ship early anymore so my cabin has always been ready when I board and on the one cruise where we tendered, I was on the first tender anyway (lucky, I guess). I used Guest Services once and went around 6PM. There was no line at all.

If people sware by it and they feel they benefit from it, I guess it's worth it to them.

I have heard good and not worth it too. I have gotten it for the 1st but only because of having knee surgery and wanted to avoid prolong standing this upcoming cruise.

My thoughts are depending on the port you may not need it. Some ports are way better than others.

How many carry ons are u bringing? How essential is it that you have your cabin ready immediately.

And finally how often do you really go to guest services vs using the phone or the screen on the tv or the kiosks?

Does anyone know the order of boarding, if there is one? For example, do the diamond and platinum guests, as well as guests who booked suites, board before FTTF? Or does it matter?

As far as tenders, priority only goes to FTTF and diamond/platinum, but not suite guests, right?

(I booked a suite for a future cruise and noticed we have priority boarding, and we did get confirmed right away as to what dining time we chose, as it was originally full.)

Also, in Miami, what time does boarding begin? Seems like it used to be around noon, but last time I cruised in March, they didn't announce boarding til 1:00.

Does anyone know the order of boarding, if there is one? For example, do the diamond and platinum guests, as well as guests who booked suites, board before FTTF? Or does it matter?

As far as tenders, priority only goes to FTTF and diamond/platinum, but not suite guests, right?

(I booked a suite for a future cruise and noticed we have priority boarding, and we did get confirmed right away as to what dining time we chose, as it was originally full.)

Also, in Miami, what time does boarding begin? Seems like it used to be around noon, but last time I cruised in March, they didn't announce boarding til 1:00.

It should be wedding parties, diamond/platinum/suites and then FTTF.

However, suites do not get early cabin access, faster gs line, priority tenders, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk