just returned from Infinity- British Isle cruise. First time Celebrity

Jeff&Mel

Hi and welcome back,

I hope you have enjoyed your cruise!!

How did you like the itinerary, ship, food? Did they offer the brunch in the Oceanview on one of the sea days?

We chose this cruise for the itinerary. It was fabulous! The ports were intense though and by the end of the cruise I was exhausted :)

Yes. The Oceanview had Breakfast, late breakfast and then lunch. I was impressed by the availability of tables. There were plenty of staff on hand to clean tables as soon as one became empty. Also- staff walking around with coffee and bar service.

Hi and welcome back,

I hope you have enjoyed your cruise!!

How did you like the itinerary, ship, food? Did they offer the brunch in the Oceanview on one of the sea days?

Also- I thought the ship was very classy. The food was very good.

We're sailing next month, and wondered if you could tell me if they are still offering the Chefs Table dinner? oh, and is Massimo is still in SS United States.

Many thanks

Lou

I am sorry- I do not know what the Chefs Table dinner is? Also- we did not eat in any specialty restaurant. We thought the food and the service were excellent in the MDR. Sorry I can't help :(

Could you comment on the condition of your cabin as well as the general upkeep of the ship. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our cabin was nice. Our cabin steward was not very attentive but we are pretty low maintenance so we didn't complain.

The walls of the cabin were a bit beat up but it was clean.

The ship was spotless. I thought the décor was very classy- mostly white and what looked like marble throughout. There was always someone cleaning or upkeeping everywhere.

I was very interested to read your comments. We're sailing on Infinity in November (Panama Canal) and some of the recent review appeared somewhat derogatory. People seemed to be picking up on minor matters and making out their whole cruise was ruined as a result. I guess you are more realistic? (as are we). :D

I was very interested to read your comments. We're sailing on Infinity in November (Panama Canal) and some of the recent review appeared somewhat derogatory. People seemed to be picking up on minor matters and making out their whole cruise was ruined as a result. I guess you are more realistic? (as are we). :D

:) I go on vacation with a positive attitude. The only one that can ruin my vacation is me!

There were only 2 things that I was not pleased with. We booked a shore excursion that we were NOT happy with. Neither was the rest of the people on our tour. I do not want to harp on this but to make a long story short I will NEVER book another shore excursion with Celebrity or any other cruise ship for that matter. The entire group was refunded 20 percent. We ALL should have been given a 100 percent refund.

The only other thing that I was not happy about is that the policy of "Adult Only" in the Solarium was NOT enforced. I contacted customer service about this DAILY. One staff member had the audacity to tell me "there are 200 kids on this cruise they have to go somewhere" REALLY? It was night until day 8 of an 11 day cruise was this policy finally enforced.

Other than that- I LOVED everything and I would definitely cruise with Celebrity again :)

I heard a lot of people complaining about the food- I could not understand this. I thought the food was fabulous. I follow a very strict diet- no sugar or flour at all and each and every night I found something on the menu that I could eat and our waitstaff was more than happy to request sauce left off. He also brought me special veggies each night instead of the starch.

We had a great time!

:) I go on vacation with a positive attitude. The only one that can ruin my vacation is me!

There were only 2 things that I was not pleased with. We booked a shore excursion that we were NOT happy with. Neither was the rest of the people on our tour. I do not want to harp on this but to make a long story short I will NEVER book another shore excursion with Celebrity or any other cruise ship for that matter. The entire group was refunded 20 percent. We ALL should have been given a 100 percent refund.

The only other thing that I was not happy about is that the policy of "Adult Only" in the Solarium was NOT enforced. I contacted customer service about this DAILY. One staff member had the audacity to tell me "there are 200 kids on this cruise they have to go somewhere" REALLY? It was night until day 8 of an 11 day cruise was this policy finally enforced.

Other than that- I LOVED everything and I would definitely cruise with Celebrity again :)

I heard a lot of people complaining about the food- I could not understand this. I thought the food was fabulous. I follow a very strict diet- no sugar or flour at all and each and every night I found something on the menu that I could eat and our waitstaff was more than happy to request sauce left off. He also brought me special veggies each night instead of the starch.

We had a great time!

Thank you for your prompt and honest reply. I really do identify with your opening comment!

I get the impression that some people go on holiday (especially cruises) to complain. Of course it's not like it was years ago. Cruising has become a mass market holiday and now has to appeal to a very wide (and global)audience. I bet some of these people would nit pick if they cruised with Radisson Seven Seas Voyager or one of the other 6* cruise ships!

Pity that rules aren't enforced properly but that's a universal problem, I guess.

Thanks for posting...if you do not mind, what was the bad excursion? We are thinking ahead to this itin and generally take Celeb excursions....usually excellent! Was it the guide, format, timing, equipment?

We were on the same cruise. I saw someone asked about brunch. No, there was no brunch. I've seen other posts about no brunch so the whole line may have dropped it. (sob)

Chef's table still seemed to be there.

The ship was fine, the food was very good and the staff was as great as ever. If you do this itinerary check out the little museum right next to the dock at Cobh/Cork. Great presentation of information on the Irish emigrations, the Titanic and the Lusitania.

Jay

I already recognized the great service at the Oceanview Buffet, the waiters were cleaning the tables very fast, and removed the dishes! :)

We also found Summit (sister to Infinity) a very appealing ship with understated decor and great layout, we can't wait to sail on Millennium in 2015 again!

Yes, there are already some notorous complainers who overrate some minor things that do not work. And sometimes, passengers get upset when they are not the first who get served and must really dislike cruise line XY to like their particular favourite line - best example: HeinBloed.

Reviews of nearly all ships seem to be mixed - I think there are more complainers who write reviews.

But don't care - just enjoy your cruise! Going on vacation with a positive attitude is the best one can do! :)

Edited by celebrity_fan

We were on the same cruise. I saw someone asked about brunch. No, there was no brunch. I've seen other posts about no brunch so the whole line may have dropped it. (sob)

Chef's table still seemed to be there.

The ship was fine, the food was very good and the staff was as great as ever. If you do this itinerary check out the little museum right next to the dock at Cobh/Cork. Great presentation of information on the Irish emigrations, the Titanic and the Lusitania.

Jay

We experienced the Brunch on the Eclipse last summer. It was incredible, but totally unnecessary and over-indulgent. I suppose it's like the midnight buffets that used to be every night and then occasionally, and now probably not at all.

Do we really need all that food! Why not I hear you cry :( I suppose it's really about keeping prices at an affordable level which means that some of the excesses we may have enjoyed have had to go.

Thanks for posting...if you do not mind, what was the bad excursion? We are thinking ahead to this itin and generally take Celeb excursions....usually excellent! Was it the guide, format, timing, equipment?

Everything.

The guide was rude- he was French and made Anti-American and Anti-British remarks through the day.

The description of the excursion and the excursion itself were two different things.

I would cruise with Celebrity again but I would not take another Celebrity excursion.

We will be on Silhouette, 14 nights for our B.I. cruise next August - so different ship but I would love to hear about ports, tours, etc. Can't wait to hear all about it. :D

This was a port intensive cruise! We had 8-11 hour tours booked for each port.

Normandy- Celebrity Excursion. NEVER again!

Cork- Paddywagon tours. We rode in a small van/bus. 11 people. We went to Blarney Castle, Woolen Mills, Cork City, Kinsale and finally the cathedral in Cobh. My only regret was that I didn't spend more time in Cobh. I guess I will have to go back;)!! The driver was fantastic! We arrived at the Castle before all the buses and we only waited in line 30 minutes to kiss the Blarney stone.

To be continued....