RC Labadee Cabana on Nellie Beach

Nanflorence

First time on Cruise Critic.. Going on Oasis On August 2. Want to rent a cabana but we have 10 family members. Are there any cabanas that we can rent for us all to be together? We all have balconies not suites so we will have to be on Nellies Beach. Thanks Do they give you arm bands to wear at the cabanas> Also are the cabanas in a public area and are they close together so if you got two of them you could all be close Thanks

Edited by Nanflorence

First time on Cruise Critic.. Going on Oasis On August 2. Want to rent a cabana but we have 10 family members. Are there any cabanas that we can rent for us all to be together? We all have balconies not suites so we will have to be on Nellies Beach. Thanks

All cabanas are the same size and per RCI they are intended for up to six people each. The rental rate is per cabana, and not per person, however.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Book them soon, I found out the hard way last year. I did book one for my next trip. I think the higher rated Crown & Anchor members get the better cabanas. Regardless, I have people with me that can sunburn too easily so I booked the cabana months in advance. They go fast and if you miss it I hope you get to the beach first as they ran out of beach umbrellas on my last trip.

Book them soon, I found out the hard way last year. I did book one for my next trip. I think the higher rated Crown & Anchor members get the better cabanas. Regardless, I have people with me that can sunburn too easily so I booked the cabana months in advance. They go fast and if you miss it I hope you get to the beach first as they ran out of beach umbrellas on my last trip.

DW &I were first time cruisers last year and got cabana 5. Pictures in the link in my signature. I think cabanas are assigned first come first served off the ship.

You will only have amenities for 6 people....but you can invite as many as you like to join you...Nellies Beach is not restricted, so anyone who wants can come onto the beach and into your cabana. You simply won't have enough of the "included" goodies for everyone, if that's an issue. For most people, they just want a place to put their "stuff".

First time on Cruise Critic.. Going on Oasis On August 2. Want to rent a cabana but we have 10 family members. Are there any cabanas that we can rent for us all to be together? We all have balconies not suites so we will have to be on Nellies Beach. Thanks Do they give you arm bands to wear at the cabanas> Also are the cabanas in a public area and are they close together so if you got two of them you could all be close Thanks

Yes, they gave us armbands to wear when we went last May. Yes, cabanas are in a public area. If you hurry off the boat you can try & get 2 together. We were probably the 1st ones there when we went & we were given the one we requested.

Hi Nanflorence! Come join us on the Aug 2nd Oasis Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1879535

I just checked shore excursions for our reservation and there appear to be Nellies Beach cabanas available. If you are reserving one or two cabanas be sure NOT to click on everyone's name in the reservation or else you will end up reserving a separate cabana for each person. (Initially, I mistakenly clicked on the three names in our party and ended up booking three cabanas!)

We booked our cabana back in September, and we are really looking forward to it!

You will only have amenities for 6 people....but you can invite as many as you like to join you...Nellies Beach is not restricted, so anyone who wants can come onto the beach and into your cabana. You simply won't have enough of the "included" goodies for everyone, if that's an issue. For most people, they just want a place to put their "stuff".

If this is the case, why distribute wrist bands?:confused:

Thanks for the information on this thread. I have booked a cabana for our upcoming April cruise. we have had a cabana on CoCoCay twice and loved it.

I need shade and appreciate not having to carry towels back and forth , the water and comfy lounge chairs. The specialty buffet was nice too. We enjoyed it felt it was worth the $

When we did the ones for CoCoCay we couldn't reserve in advance it was first come first serve onboard. SO I was pleased to find have reading this thread I could reserve one now.

Gotta love Cruise Critic and the posters who share info on here!

I'm not sure if they are still distributing arm bands for the Nellie's Beach Cabanas now that the specialty buffet is not included? I could be wrong, unless it just prevents just anyone from "claiming a cabana before you get there.

We reserved our cabana for our May 2015 cruise more than a year and a half in advance. We will be among the last of the Nellie's Beach cabana users who will still be allowed into the "Upgraded buffet" as we reserved before the change in policy on Oct 4, 2013. We have a group of 13 and we have 3 cabanas.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

We're in the same boat as you. We reserved our cabana before the policy change and are supposed to be grandfathered in to have the "upgraded lunch buffet" at Barefoot beach.

We received a letter from Royal Caribbean confirming this. It said:

We want to confirm that your private cabana at Nellie's Beach awaits you upon arrival to Labadee®. Your cabana rental includes 2 floating beach mats, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant. Also, because you reserved your cabana prior to October 4th, 2013 you will also have access to an upgraded lunch buffet at Barefoot Beach. You will receive additional information along with wristbands in your stateroom.

I'll be sure to print out a copy of the letter and bring it with us, just in case.

How do we confirm if we have the upgraded buffet or not- I was pretty sure that was in the description when I reserved the Cabana- but now see it references the other buffets. Who do I contact to confirm- my description did mention getting 6 armbands for the special buffet.

thanks It's not a make or break issue but just want to get what I thought I was buying

N

How do we confirm if we have the upgraded buffet or not- I was pretty sure that was in the description when I reserved the Cabana- but now see it references the other buffets. Who do I contact to confirm- my description did mention getting 6 armbands for the special buffet.

thanks It's not a make or break issue but just want to get what I thought I was buying

N

You can call the Excursions Department and ask. If you reserved before Oct 4, 2013 you are entitled to the upgraded buffet. Otherwise you will have the regular buffet only. I would check the date you reserved the buffet to make sure. You should receive an e-mail confirming this if you ask for one. I will be printing ours out and taking it along!

I just checked and our Cabana is for Nellie's Beach. I don't know what the specific beach is vs others, anyone?

I also booked late but I suppose I can survive not having the upgraded buffet. Here is what my reservation said:

Overview:

Enjoy the beach on Labadee in style in a beach cabana nestled on the Nellie’s Beach with direct access to the water.

Highlights:

- Cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan

- Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon's Cafe or Café Labadee, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant

Full Description:

The upscale cabanas nestled on the Nellie’s beach with direct water access are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie’s Beach.

The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Rental of a cabana will include 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon's Cafe or Café Labadee, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant.

Important Notes:

- Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

- Individual cabanas will be assigned once on Labadee

- To access the cabana, you will have to cross approximately 20 yards of sand and uneven pathway.

- No access to Barefoot Beach lunch with this Cabana purchase (lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Cafe, Dragon's Cafe or Cafe Labadee)

- No Wrist Band, Ticket used for admission for Cabana

Manifest sent to island

-2 floating mats, Cabana Attendant Service, towels, Water Cooler

Edited by FireStation46

I just checked and our Cabana is for Nellie's Beach. I don't know what the specific beach is vs others, anyone?

I also booked late but I suppose I can survive not having the upgraded buffet. Here is what my reservation said:

Overview:

Enjoy the beach on Labadee in style in a beach cabana nestled on the Nellie’s Beach with direct access to the water.

Highlights:

- Cabana rental for the full day

- Furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and ceiling fan

- Rental includes 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon's Cafe or Café Labadee, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant

Full Description:

The upscale cabanas nestled on the Nellie’s beach with direct water access are a great place to relax and enjoy the seclusion, while remaining among the action of Nellie’s Beach.

The cabanas are furnished with luxury resort style lounge chairs and a ceiling fan. Rental of a cabana will include 2 floating beach mats, lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon's Cafe or Café Labadee, water cooler with 6 bottles of water, the use of beach towels and the service of a cabana attendant.

Important Notes:

- Pricing is per cabana, not per person. One person in the party should reserve the cabana.

- Individual cabanas will be assigned once on Labadee

- To access the cabana, you will have to cross approximately 20 yards of sand and uneven pathway.

- No access to Barefoot Beach lunch with this Cabana purchase (lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Cafe, Dragon's Cafe or Cafe Labadee)

- No Wrist Band, Ticket used for admission for Cabana

Manifest sent to island

-2 floating mats, Cabana Attendant Service, towels, Water Cooler

I did reserve in early Dec- I took screen shots of everything except the description of the excursion- though I did recall reference to wrist bands- because there was discussion in our group as to who would get them. We are a larger group 7 adults & 5 teens- we knew the teens were not going to hang at the Cabana & figure my BIL would probably oversee them around the island. Will see what's up. Looking at the description in the excursions brochure it's the same as you have above except for the line that says no wrist band/ticket used for admission. Will see - again not a deal breaker. Just wish I had taken a print shot.

N

I did reserve in early Dec- I took screen shots of everything except the description of the excursion- though I did recall reference to wrist bands- because there was discussion in our group as to who would get them. We are a larger group 7 adults & 5 teens- we knew the teens were not going to hang at the Cabana & figure my BIL would probably oversee them around the island. Will see what's up. Looking at the description in the excursions brochure it's the same as you have above except for the line that says no wrist band/ticket used for admission. Will see - again not a deal breaker. Just wish I had taken a print shot.

N

If you made your cabana reservation in December of 2013 you will not qualify for the Upgraded Buffet at Barefoot Beach. You will get the buffets listed in the description above.

Not sure, but perhaps to identify those people who reserved and paid for a cabana with or without the "upgraded" buffet.

Yes, the bands are used to go into barefoot beach for the buffet. That's where we needed it. It is only for people who have been grandfathered in. We had printed our confirmation email as well but had no trouble at all.

The attendants keep track of how many people there are in a cabana. Each group is asked how many in the group as they are being led to the cabana.

• 3 weeks later...