Tortola?

Beth

What ships go to Tortola? Thanks for any info. Beth

Hi, Beth. I'm sorry that you have experienced rude behavior here.

Carnival has limited options to visit Tortola; however, Carnival Liberty will call in Tortola next year. The ship leaves Port Canaveral on Sunday, March 22nd and visits St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, and Tortola, and then ends in San Juan. Southwest Airlines now flies to/from San Juan if you live near a city that Southwest flies from. That is a pretty sweet itinerary IMHO!

Maybe that will work for you. :-)

If you go to the Carnival website and type the port you want to go to in the search box, usually the first search result is the link to Carnival's page for that particular port. You can then search for cruises that stop at the desired port :)

Edited by pauleydm

I thought I had read that NCL and Disney were paying for the pier, which meant they had almost exclusivity of it. Too bad, we loved Tortola when we went a year ago April on the Breeze

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That is probably what we all read. Went to virgin gorda from tortola a few years ago and one of our best excursions ever and would love to go back.

Looking at this winter season, the following cruise lines call on Tortola:

Costa

Crystal

Cunard

MSC

Norwegian

Oceania

P&O

Royal Caribbean

Costa seems to be (by far) the cruise line with the most visits, which is interesting since they are a Carnival Corp owned cruise line. If they are such a frequent visitor to Tortola, why isn't Carnival?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

That is probably what we all read. Went to virgin gorda from tortola a few years ago and one of our best excursions ever and would love to go back.

We absolutely loved it, very refreshing and lots of fun. Coiled not wait to go back.

Looking at this winter season, the following cruise lines call on Tortola:

Costa

Crystal

Cunard

MSC

Norwegian

Oceania

P&O

Royal Caribbean

Costa seems to be (by far) the cruise line with the most visits, which is interesting since they are a Carnival Corp owned cruise line. If they are such a frequent visitor to Tortola, why isn't Carnival?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good question. I think it was contractual, but don't know. I had asked a BDM after I read it and was told that NCL was redoing the pier and deciding who could and could not stop. Your Costa comment surprises me.

Here is the itinerary I am looking at for March 2015. Tortola is the main reason I am choosing this.

Day Port Arrive Depart Day 1 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00 PM Day 2 ... Fun Day At Sea --- --- Day 3 ... Fun Day At Sea --- --- Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 5 St Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 6 St. Maarten, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 7 Tortola,British Virgin Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 8 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM

They could "easily stop here using tenders, but have chosen not to.

Having been here, it is a port pretty much down on my list. The fact that the most popular tour is to leave Tortola says it all.

We went to Tortola on Freedom, stayed on the island and LOVED it! Beautiful! It is our favorite port.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

We went to Tortola on Freedom, stayed on the island and LOVED it! Beautiful! It is our favorite port.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

We did the same. We went up over the hill down the other side to Cane Garden Bay. Was a little distressed at what a poor area we went through to get there toward the end, being under the impression that some celebrities have million dollar homes on the island. I guess we went in the wrong direction.

Here is the itinerary I am looking at for March 2015. Tortola is the main reason I am choosing this.

Day Port Arrive Depart Day 1 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00 PM Day 2 ... Fun Day At Sea --- --- Day 3 ... Fun Day At Sea --- --- Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 5 St Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 6 St. Maarten, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 7 Tortola,British Virgin Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Day 8 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM

Would give you a lot of time to spend at the Baths:)