20 Day Cruise

kaiemiascott2

We are booked on the 20 day Royal Princess Cruise in January. We have done several back to backs before and had to leave the ship and clear customs after the first leg of the cruise. This cruise can also be booked as a 10 day cruise. Since we are booked as a 20 day cruise will we still have to get off the ship and clear customs. It is not a big deal , but am interested in seeing how this is handled.

Thank you for your help.

We are booked on the 20 day Royal Princess Cruise in January. We have done several back to backs before and had to leave the ship and clear customs after the first leg of the cruise. This cruise can also be booked as a 10 day cruise. Since we are booked as a 20 day cruise will we still have to get off the ship and clear customs. It is not a big deal , but am interested in seeing how this is handled.

Thank you for your help.

Yes. You will be in Ft. Lauderdale and you must get off. You will be given an intransit card the night before, so you can stay off and board later or you can stay sequestered with the other B2B people and get back on shortly thereafter.

You will spend a short time in the terminal and then back onto the ship with a new key card.

Unfortunately when a few passengers don't follow instructions to get off the ship it could result in a longer time in the terminal. That happened to me in Fort Lauderdale when in-transit passengers were unable to get back on the ship until noon as they searched for those he didn't get off the ship & go through immigration. :(

Unfortunately when a few passengers don't follow instructions to get off the ship it could result in a longer time in the terminal. That happened to me in Fort Lauderdale when in-transit passengers were unable to get back on the ship until noon as they searched for those he didn't get off the ship & go through immigration. :(

It seems like that's a common scenario. Some people just like to show up when they feel like it & let everyone else wait for them. I've done a number of B2B trips & they're always a few. :rolleyes:

It seems like that's a common scenario. Some people just like to show up when they feel like it & let everyone else wait for them. I've done a number of B2B trips & they're always a few. :rolleyes:

While delayed in the terminal, another passenger said they talked to passengers who insisted they were not required to get off the ship. Even when sharing the correct procedure to get off the ship they refused to believe it & stayed onboard until they were located. Princess provides us with clear instructions yet some refuse to read & to follow instructions resulting in delaying many of their fellow passengers. :(

While delayed in the terminal, another passenger said they talked to passengers who insisted they were not required to get off the ship. Even when sharing the correct procedure to get off the ship they refused to believe it & stayed onboard until they were located. Princess provides us with clear instructions yet some refuse to read & to follow instructions resulting in delaying many of their fellow passengers. :(

Repeat after me: "The rules don't apply to me..."

On our last B2B in February we had two cabins of people who did the same. One couple came down the escalator while several hundred people were lined up to get back on board, and had been "holding" waiting for clearance of the ship. You should have seen the look on their faces when security met them at the bottom of the escalator.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Repeat after me: "The rules don't apply to me..."

On our last B2B in February we had two cabins of people who did the same. One couple came down the escalator while several hundred people were lined up to get back on board, and had been "holding" waiting for clearance of the ship. You should have seen the look on their faces when security met them at the bottom of the escalator.

They put street signs on some streets that describe such passengers...One Way! :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

One way not to have to sit in the terminal would be to take a tour (ship's or on your own) around Fort L. There has to be stuff to see there.

I might feel that way if I were in a distant city but living neat Ft Lauderdale and also having visited there many times in past years there isn't much to interest me there that we haven't already seen.

We are booked on the 20 day Royal Princess Cruise in January. We have done several back to backs before and had to leave the ship and clear customs after the first leg of the cruise. This cruise can also be booked as a 10 day cruise. Since we are booked as a 20 day cruise will we still have to get off the ship and clear customs.

Thank you for your help.

As stated yes.

Thank you for your help.

You'll be doing this out of FLL and it'll be the same as if you had booked it as a B2B. They walk you through the whole thing and it normally doesn't take long. :)

LuLu

Thank you for your help.

How is your cruise booked? As 2 seperate of 1?

How is your cruise booked? As 2 seperate of 1?

As indicated in post #1

Would like to thank everyone who took the time to answer my email. Getting off the ship is not a problem, just wondered how it is handled. Seems from the other back-to-backs we have been on it usually is not a long wait time to get back on the ship.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we have been out of town.

Sandy

Would like to thank everyone who took the time to answer my email. Getting off the ship is not a problem, just wondered how it is handled. Seems from the other back-to-backs we have been on it usually is not a long wait time to get back on the ship.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we have been out of town.

Sandy

It's not a long wait IF you go through immigration with the group of others but if you're on your own you'll have to wait till they call for general boarding before you can re-board. Sometimes it's not till after 11:30 or so. You have the option of leaving early in the morning with the walk-offs at around 7:15 if you're going to do a tour on your own or go shopping.