The secret's finally out!

Mauzac

My husband's birthday was recently and I have kept 'the secret' of our SB booked cruise quiet for months but I was finally able to tell him (and now I can get excited even though it's a long time away!)

He had absolutely NO idea (I thought he had twigged) and I wrapped up the latest SB brocure (which is honestly a bit like a coffee table book) and inside was our itinerary. All these years he has been wanting to go on a cruise but other things have got in the way, I haven't been so keen, but after lots of research over months, I settled on a SB cruise as a surprise for a special birthday for him.

Our mischevious daughters (who knew my secret) have said things like "Dad, why don't you look at a cruise, I thought you said you always wanted to go on one" to which he replied "There's no point, your Mother isn't keen!" Oh, they are naughty...

Anyway, sorry, this is a self indulgent thread and I'll go back to the endless stream of questions that will no doubt pop up between now and D Day! :)

Hi H.. It seems that I play tennis with your Sister in Cheltenham!!! I played with her this morning!

When I read your post I knew I had heard it all before!!! congrats on the recent Birthdays.

I know you will be very happy with your choice of Seabourn for your first cruise, it will be wonderful, we certainly have no complaints. J

Great news. I am sure you will love it.

We sailed our first Seabourn to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The only problem is that you get hooked and other cruise lines are just no where near the same after the Seabourn experience.

Our first trip was on Spirit and we are looking forward to sailing on her as our final trip on Spirit in Feb 2015. Will miss these little ships. :)

Enjoy your planning :)

Hi H.. It seems that I play tennis with your Sister in Cheltenham!!! I played with her this morning!

When I read your post I knew I had heard it all before!!! congrats on the recent Birthdays.

I know you will be very happy with your choice of Seabourn for your first cruise, it will be wonderful, we certainly have no complaints. J

Oh my goodness, yes! Thanks for the congratulations and it was very reassuring to hear what Sis said about how delighted you were with SB :)

Edited by Mauzac

Thanks all!

Yes, if we get hooked on cruising (quite likely!) I think we have started at the top and only the best will do from there on in!

I will be bugging the life out of all of you nearer the time for tips and advice, I shall have a million questions I'm sure :D