NCL 2018 Prices

Luvtoeat

Sailing in Dec 2017 to Mexican Riviera. Not alot going out of LA these days, so prices are high. But NCL is crazy High. Booked a MS for $1299- including 2 perks- prices are now $2199- no perks! We sail alot, and always try for Balcony at $100 or so a night. Now you can't even get an inside on NCL for that. Celebrity started and does alot of the perks (truly free UBP, no service charges) and they are less per night and a upgrade experience (food, ships, etc) in our opinion.

I'll continue to shop for the best prices to get more cruises, no matter what line! NCL- take note.

Sailing in Dec 2017 to Mexican Riviera. Not alot going out of LA these days, so prices are high. But NCL is crazy High. Booked a MS for $1299- including 2 perks- prices are now $2199- no perks! We sail alot, and always try for Balcony at $100 or so a night. Now you can't even get an inside on NCL for that. Celebrity started and does alot of the perks (truly free UBP, no service charges) and they are less per night and a upgrade experience (food, ships, etc) in our opinion.

I'll continue to shop for the best prices to get more cruises, no matter what line! NCL- take note.

Unfortunately if their ships are sailing full there isn't much for them to take note of.

I have 2 future cruise deposits that I can use in the next 2 years and have been searching for cruises from Tampa or Canaveral. The prices for a balcony on a 7 day cruise from either port just seem crazy high. Prices seem to be around $2200-2300. We will be going on an 11 night Celebrity cruise shortly that was $2550 by not taking the free perks and will be getting an additional TA discount on that price. I know it's supply and demand but can't believe that NCL is such a hot item to demand these prices. Just wondering if anyone else thinks the 2018 prices are on the high side.

Our Bermuda cruise in 2018 is $50 more than our Bermuda cruise in 2016. Seems like normal inflation to me.

• 2 weeks later...
And I bought a used VM Rabbit 10 years ago for like $1500 and now see that a new BMW 7 Series is almost $73,000.

Haven prices have gone up substantially in that time period. I'll bet the BMW 7 did not go from 35,000 to 73,000 in that time period for essentially the same product. Yes, they added perks that probably add a few hundred bucks worth of value, but at the same time they have lowered the quality of many things (shows, mdr food, suite menus, etc).

I'm also not the only one who is being tempted to go elsewhere by the raise in costs. I'm pretty curious to see where the breaking point for the model is. I honestly think that for me if the price was $50 more that would have been where I booked elsewhere.

I usually sail in early Dec., as I am this year on the Escape, or March or April. Always in a balcony. I've priced NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, and MSC. All, except MSC are more than $2000.00 to $2500.00 for 2 including taxes and fees. Surprisingly, Carnival, on one of their newer ships was the highest, with no perks at all. I settled on the Escape with the UDP and SDP and insurance for about $2600.00, which I eventually upgraded to a mini suite. I was very happy with the price, and it seemed very competitive, especially with the packages.

We also have an NCL future cruise certificate to use by 2019 and haven't been on a cruise since last year (the horror!). We wanted to cruise in February 2018, and when I looked at prices they seem to be quite a bit more than what we've paid in the past for January cruises in BA balconies. I know prices can be higher then since more people want to escape the cold and snow, and the higher rates didn't include the drink and dining packages. As well, we now live in Florida, so want to cruise from here, but the itineraries are ones we've already done.

So we looked at Carnival. For $500 less than what we could have paid for an NCL cruise, we get to try a new ship and a new itinerary (HMC, Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas). We already feel "ahead" since we can drive the port the day of and not have to deal with flights + hotel + more vacation days by arriving 2 days early! We're going with open minds (it's been a few years since I've sailed Carnival and my DH never has) and looking forward to being back on a ship. Will see if the savings are worth it! We'll still use our FCC, I think, but will plan further ahead. That seems to be when rates are best.

Last February I started looking at 2019 14 day South American cruises. The balconies were around $2300pp. I figured I had plenty of time because it was "2019" and I already had three cruises booked. Now these same balconies are $2800pp.

Cruise prices sometimes drop a lot, and I think right after 9/11/2003 and after the "great recession" in 2008 the prices dipped quite a bit. If that's your baseline pricing, then today's prices will seem really high! As we have slowly recovered from the recession, pricing has been creeping up.

The website Cayole has some charts showing how prices on the "main" lines (RCL, NCL, Carnival) has gone up over the last three years (amounts are average cruise price, per person, per night).

L57mOPXtkLJ_RC0Vr0TOmmwiUxWwFLc5w5Tb73Cz5dTt1Ugn4nRP0YI2XYzfWHm7aKOzi6RhhhQDIgw1kmuz1WebY46a0iw3l7RIkn2XXGToM_N9duayYYAD807kCaf4FrbSpbdS6x-V25F-1LpWZdYyWNh2daeNVdMVdk9JaGY4HgQ9BmuApYt_06HmuJxMqwTOC1E-J1RbeNsIxiAHaV5Mj1EUJ5tRzFreLGs2MSGD1UlqDu4Ql9dkJ2vTmJ86LYdE26wD1JsOJ0TlgP11UuFauIdXoQhU_nWEqvINLvgpySxvIfq0CCOIgpRshhiFJeeKDVqIoG0hamUaL5NaehTNQKhAu16-m10PK0VPY79Rp1w6wcwuUtyU4j8_9fQVHnkIXYkjDjzmcqKs-NYdiY7CilxOjy4_q01Ldepr79AM67LFeAUMpYjWA9nKW6sm355lUsAOEvM1gVUt6a5Rg5cB-babkjiKFslQEJ1qO_-rETCTLB-vvmPciR2MuXx4yrz0mmKJvC6LlM4hd8kPp2kQpK9RruE8h3hXETSOEtZ_5XLCx8BB9qf6K4UDbcvLIPgR0wMK6AZTKoBSVs_ZI1c9j8frtI1etyT1xN94PDCxYQSEVKLq=w800-h400-no