Anthem Caribbean from NJ 2016

To all of you with more experience than I have, when would you guess booking would start for February/March 2016 to Caribbean from Cape Liberty?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I believe this was announced earlier in the week: April 25 for C&A members, April 28 for the general public for the Winter '15-16 season.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that and I'll be looking to book for that season as well.

I believe this was announced earlier in the week: April 25 for C&A members, April 28 for the general public for the Winter '15-16 season.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that and I'll be looking to book for that season as well.

You're correct.

So how does this work? Do C&A members get winter 2016 itineraries emailed to them on the 25th? Otherwise how do we know what the schedule is?

Thanks again!

Check with C & A and/or your TA that day, or maybe even a day before...

Nothing's loaded yet...I just looked...thought that MAYBE they'd have a hint...but, no.

Or, check here...you KNOW that SOMEONE on CC will post the important info!! LOL :)

Edited by megr1125

I'm just going on the assumption that Anthem may do the same itineraries that Quantum was going to do. But IDK because I know there's issues with Bermuda.

If that ends up the case ill be disappointed yet again. I'm canceling my quantum cruise because it sucks.

If that ends up the case ill be disappointed yet again. I'm canceling my quantum cruise because it sucks.

I'm hoping that, at minimum, they will fix that 8 night itinerary where all the Samana calls were cancelled and wound up with only 2 ports... I'm quite confident they'll give us that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'm hoping that, at minimum, they will fix that 8 night itinerary where all the Samana calls were cancelled and wound up with only 2 ports... I'm quite confident they'll give us that much.

That's why I'm waiting till the anthem itinararies are released before actually cancel

I'm just going on the assumption that Anthem may do the same itineraries that Quantum was going to do. But IDK because I know there's issues with Bermuda.
Since they announced Anthem from Cape Liberty November 2015 - April 2016, no chances for Bermuda during those months...unless one mid April but I doubt it. I suspect Anthem leaving Bayonne in April anyway. I too think the itineraries will be the same as Quantum. Although, I thought I read it here that the Anthem may offer some western caribbean ports....like Grand Cayman, Roatan and Costa Maya and Labadee. That would be nice, better than the Florida / Bahamas run but I'm sure that would mean more like a 9 or 10 day cruise. Edited by roe2ship

Didn't realize how this worked. Called RCCL and was told that if I log into my C&A account on the 25th, the intineraries will be there for the booking. Intend to do that depending on the prices!

Good to hear. I'll be keeping an eye out on the RCI site before that as well.

Since they announced Anthem from Cape Liberty November 2015 - April 2016, no chances for Bermuda during those months...unless one mid April but I doubt it. I suspect Anthem leaving Bayonne in April anyway. I too think the itineraries will be the same as Quantum. Although, I thought I read it here that the Anthem may offer some western caribbean ports....like Grand Cayman, Roatan and Costa Maya and Labadee. That would be nice, better than the Florida / Bahamas run but I'm sure that would mean more like a 9 or 10 day cruise.

Hi Roe, I hope they ditch that horrible Florida/Bahamas itinerary once the Anthem comes to Bayonne. I cancelled our Dec 2014 cruise because of that itinerary. I'm doing the 12 night Caribbean with friends in April 2015 for now. Will be anxious to see what they offer for Anthem on April 25th. And you are correct about Bermuda too, they wouldn't start sailing there until late April or early May 2016.

Edited by Annefran

Hi Roe, I hope they ditch that horrible Florida/Bahamas itinerary once the Anthem comes to Bayonne. I cancelled our Dec 2014 cruise because of that itinerary. I'm doing the 12 night Caribbean with friends in April 2015 for now. Will be anxious to see what they offer for Anthem on April 25th. And you are correct about Bermuda too, they wouldn't start sailing there until late April or early May 2016.
Anne, I'm not crazy about the Florida/Bahamas itinerary either but I can deal with it only because it's a brand new ship. Not sure we will do it twice though. That's awesome that you changed your booking for a 12 day cruise to better ports! My youngest just started middle school, so we have a LONG wait before we can do that many nights....right now we are tied into summer and holiday breaks. After my above post, I saw somewhere that Royal's annoucement about Anthem actually did read Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries. But then again their annoucements don't really mean much these days until we actually have itineraries and bookings available.

I agree, not thrilled with FL/Bahamas again (did it on NCL Gem and Jewel), but it's a brand new ship and we'll be able to use our Diamond status for the first time ever (haven't sailed Royal in a while) and sail out of Bayonne which is 20 minutes from our house!

Anne, I'm not crazy about the Florida/Bahamas itinerary either but I can deal with it only because it's a brand new ship. Not sure we will do it twice though. That's awesome that you changed your booking for a 12 day cruise to better ports! My youngest just started middle school, so we have a LONG wait before we can do that many nights....right now we are tied into summer and holiday breaks. After my above post, I saw somewhere that Royal's annoucement about Anthem actually did read Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries. But then again their annoucements don't really mean much these days until we actually have itineraries and bookings available.

Unfortunately I think those lousy Bahamas itineraries are here to stay... They're a necessary evil to operate 7 night cruises out of NY, which Royal seems to like mixing in. What annoys me is that the 8 nighters don't have better itineraries. You CAN run a better itinerary on an 8 night cruise with 2 days down and two days back up. We shall see!

Unfortunately I think those lousy Bahamas itineraries are here to stay... They're a necessary evil to operate 7 night cruises out of NY, which Royal seems to like mixing in. What annoys me is that the 8 nighters don't have better itineraries. You CAN run a better itinerary on an 8 night cruise with 2 days down and two days back up. We shall see!

Dave, you are probably right, blah. I'll just avoid those itineraries as much as possible. I don't have to tie my vacations into school or college vacations anymore, sorry Roe! So I can cruise pretty much whatever time a year I want as long as I have the $$ and vacation time. ;) Look forward to seeing the new itineraries soon though. I probably won't cruise next Summer on Liberty. We sailed on her back in 2009 and loved the ship. It's larger than Explorer but not overwhelming like the Oasis brands.

Everyone have a great hump day!

Dave, you are probably right, blah. I'll just avoid those itineraries as much as possible. I don't have to tie my vacations into school or college vacations anymore, sorry Roe! So I can cruise pretty much whatever time a year I want as long as I have the $$ and vacation time. ;) Look forward to seeing the new itineraries soon though. I probably won't cruise next Summer on Liberty. We sailed on her back in 2009 and loved the ship. It's larger than Explorer but not overwhelming like the Oasis brands.

Everyone have a great hump day!

how do you compare Liberty to Explorer? Is it just bigger or are there more offerings?

Maybe we'll end up with Oasis III over QoS/AoS! I loved the Allure, and from a planning perspective, the Oasis class is definitely a warm weather ship, open to the sky all around.

Putting the Oasis III in Florida doesn't make much sense, since they're already sailing Allure and Oasis from there. They can't put her in the UK - it's just as cold or colder during the Winter.

It could go to Australia though.

Maybe Putting Oasis III in NJ During the Summer months will work, and then Anthem during the Fall - Spring months would be nice.

I know that they've revitalized a lot of the older Royal ships, but I'm waiting for them to shed the Vision and Sovereign class ships.

I keep checking the Crown & Anchor webpage but still nothing there. Do you think that they'll let us know via that web page when the itineraries are actually available to look at? I'd like a couple of hours before sales open up to decide which to do. lol.

how do you compare Liberty to Explorer? Is it just bigger or are there more offerings?

Maybe we'll end up with Oasis III over QoS/AoS! I loved the Allure, and from a planning perspective, the Oasis class is definitely a warm weather ship, open to the sky all around.

Putting the Oasis III in Florida doesn't make much sense, since they're already sailing Allure and Oasis from there. They can't put her in the UK - it's just as cold or colder during the Winter.

It could go to Australia though.

Maybe Putting Oasis III in NJ During the Summer months will work, and then Anthem during the Fall - Spring months would be nice.

I know that they've revitalized a lot of the older Royal ships, but I'm waiting for them to shed the Vision and Sovereign class ships.

I've always assumed that Oasis or Allure will go overseas when Oasis 3 comes out, feeing up room for her in Florida. Would not surprise my if Oasis or Allure went to either Western Europe to compete with Norwegian Epic or to Asia. We shall see!

I've also done both Liberty and Explorer. Liberty is only a little bigger but my impression was that she was much more modern than the somewhat dated Explorer. Liberty has Sorrentos Pizza on the promenade in addiction to Cafe Promenade, she has the On Air karaoke venue which Explorer also doesn't have. She also has the H2O zone children's play area up on deck and a more modern Windjammer layout than Explorer including Jade and an extra specialty restaurant. The cabin decor was more modern and the ship in general struck me as an evolved / undated version of Explorer. I think Liberty is a clear upgrade over Explorer, but not to the extent that their pricing would have you believe. Just my $.02.

Edited by Dave85

how do you compare Liberty to Explorer? Is it just bigger or are there more offerings? It has the flowrider, both Chops & Portofino's, 2 pool areas, boxing ring, just a to name a few things. ;) [/color]I know that they've revitalized a lot of the older Royal ships, but I'm waiting for them to shed the Vision and Sovereign class ships.
I like the older ships too. Explorer will always be our favorite ship because we have wonderful memories on her and loved sailing out of NJ. Edited by Annefran