New OBC Policy for Celebrity

Wine-O

The Elite+ package is just for one person in the stateroom, correct? Can another person in the same stateroom purchase a package at that rate, also? We are both Elite Plus.

Two people can share one Unlimited Internet package as long as they're not both logged on at the same time.

If both people want the ability to log on simultaneously, there are three options that I can think of:

1. Buy 2 Unlimited Internet packages pre-cruise with your Elite+ 35% discount

2. Select Unlimited Internet as one of your Go BBB perks where both passengers each have their own package (you'll have to do the math to determine if this is a better perk than selecting $150 pp OBC, prepaid gratuities, etc).

3. Wait until you board and see IF they are offering 50% off purchase of a second package. I'm not sure if this is an across-the-board discount or available only on select voyages.

Two people can share one Unlimited Internet package as long as they're not both logged on at the same time.

If both people want the ability to log on simultaneously, there are three options that I can think of:

1. Buy 2 Unlimited Internet packages pre-cruise with your Elite+ 35% discount

2. Select Unlimited Internet as one of your Go BBB perks where both passengers each have their own package (you'll have to do the math to determine if this is a better perk than selecting $150 pp OBC, prepaid gratuities, etc).

3. Wait until you board and see IF they are offering 50% off purchase of a second package. I'm not sure if this is an across-the-board discount or available only on select voyages.

Thanks. The cruise is coming up next month and perks have already been booked, so Option 2 is off the books.

And I think that the 50% off second package is not available to book ahead of time, and if we wait until we board, we lose the extra that we would be purchasing ahead of time. I'll call CC to ask if we would get a discount on the second package. I just wanted to make sure that DH and I could both purchase a package with the Elite discount. We don't like to share.

Just logged in and saw my OBC available to use! We already have internet, premium beverages and gratuities from the Go Best, but I, like others, was going to wait until we got on board to make specialty dining reservations so that we could use the obc. This makes it easy! Such a smart move on Celebrity's part to let guests do this kind of stuff in advance rather than having to do it all on board.

Thanks. The cruise is coming up next month and perks have already been booked, so Option 2 is off the books.

And I think that the 50% off second package is not available to book ahead of time, and if we wait until we board, we lose the extra that we would be purchasing ahead of time. I'll call CC to ask if we would get a discount on the second package. I just wanted to make sure that DH and I could both purchase a package with the Elite discount. We don't like to share.

You are correct -- IF there's an offer to buy a second unlimited internet package at 50% off, it's only offered on board.

With regard to your 35% Elite+ discount on Internet packages, the reduction is taken off the full buy-on-board price, rather than being combined (35% + 10%) with the pre-cruise rate. . At least that was my experience -- in other words they didn't allow double dipping. So in that case, you're paying the same price with your Elite+ 35% discount regardless if buying pre-cruise or on board.

While I'm grateful for Elite+ benefits, we find ourselves playing endless mathematics games before each voyage......

I paid $187 for our 16-night cruise next February, but to get that price, I had to call the Captain's Club and ask for the Elite+ 35% discount instead of booking directly on line. Normal price is $287.

I would cancel your $287 and call the Captain's Club and get the Elite 30% discount.

Thanks Wine-O, got that changed.

When I go into the booking, I see $550 obc. When you're traveling with a friend, normally the obc is divided up. So $150 obc per person as opposed to $300 on one person from Go Best. And the booking onboard obc is normally assigned to the person that booked onboard. I haven't gone in to actually book anything as I don't need to, but is it now all pooled together so each guest can dip into it? That may cause problems when you're not dealing with a couple. Is it divided up when you go to book like it normally is?

In the past, if you wanted to use your Celebrity OBC to book an excursion, you had to wait until you get on board to use it. Now, you can go into your cruise planner and use your Celebrity OBC to purchase excursions, etc. ahead of time. I just called the Captain's Club on a cruise I am going on next February to purchase the unlimited internet package with the Elite Plus 35% discount, and instead of paying for it with my credit card, they just deducted it from the $300 OBC I had for that cruise from Celebrity.

I was told this is a new program that was recently rolled out. It's a good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Call the Captain's Club. They'll look up your sailing and apply the internet discount, then deduct it from your OBC. You won't get the discount if you book it directly on line.

Did you also get the 10% discount for booking online pre-cruise?

Reason I'm asking is this post:

With regard to your 35% Elite+ discount on Internet packages, the reduction is taken off the full buy-on-board price, rather than being combined (35% + 10%) with the pre-cruise rate. . At least that was my experience -- in other words they didn't allow double dipping. So in that case, you're paying the same price with your Elite+ 35% discount regardless if buying pre-cruise or on board.

While I'm grateful for Elite+ benefits, we find ourselves playing endless mathematics games before each voyage......

Which sounds like you lose that 10% if using pre-cruise OBC to book.

:confused::confused::confused:

Did you also get the 10% discount for booking online pre-cruise?

Reason I'm asking is this post:

Which sounds like you lose that 10% if using pre-cruise OBC to book.

:confused::confused::confused:

Karen, I must have been mistaken. I, too, paid $187 (Elite+) for 14+ day Unlimited Internet package like Wine-O posted. My confusion was when I called to inquire about pricing, I was told no double-dipping of 10% pre-cruise price combined with 35% Elite+ discount. However later when I went to buy the package, the math indicates I did in fact receive both percentage discounts when you apply it to the prices in the link below. Sorry for any confusion!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

I'm sorry. :(

dirtgirl

When I go into the booking, I see $550 obc. When you're traveling with a friend, normally the obc is divided up. So $150 obc per person as opposed to $300 on one person from Go Best. And the booking onboard obc is normally assigned to the person that booked onboard. I haven't gone in to actually book anything as I don't need to, but is it now all pooled together so each guest can dip into it? That may cause problems when you're not dealing with a couple. Is it divided up when you go to book like it normally is?

I was able to book excursions tonight for my two upcoming cruises. I also booked excursions for my kids reservations. One of my daughters is rooming with a girlfriend. They will have separate accounts, but the OBC was lumped for one stateroom. Since they are taking the same excursions, it just divided the OBC between them.

Karen, I must have been mistaken. I, too, paid $187 (Elite+) for 14+ day Unlimited Internet package like Wine-O posted. My confusion was when I called to inquire about pricing, I was told no double-dipping of 10% pre-cruise price combined with 35% Elite+ discount. However later when I went to buy the package, the math indicates I did in fact receive both percentage discounts when you apply it to the prices in the link below. Sorry for any confusion!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

(y) Thank you!

I paid $187 for our 16-night cruise next February, but to get that price, I had to call the Captain's Club and ask for the Elite+ 35% discount instead of booking directly on line. Normal price is $287.

I would cancel your $287 and call the Captain's Club and get the Elite 30% discount.

Thanks again, were elite plus and just realised we didn't get the beverage discount doing it online. Will call captains club

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sweet! I had just booked a dining package last week. I was able to cancel it and re- book using OBC. I did notice one other thing, and maybe it is just my cruise (10 night eastern Med), but I noticed that several excursions can now only be booked online ahead of time and not onboard. I wonder if allowing pax to use OBC and this new "online only" booking of some excursions is a way for X to better plan their excursion volume in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sweet! I had just booked a dining package last week. I was able to cancel it and re- book using OBC. I did notice one other thing, and maybe it is just my cruise (10 night eastern Med), but I noticed that several excursions can now only be booked online ahead of time and not onboard. I wonder if allowing pax to use OBC and this new "online only" booking of some excursions is a way for X to better plan their excursion volume in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure. I had been eyeing an excursion, for weeks, that we wanted to take in Spain. We were going to wait until onboard to use our credit. There was nothing written about it being a booking for online, only, until the new OBC system started. When I saw that we could now book online and use our OBC, I immediately went into my reservation to book this particular excursion. Saw the new banner saying it could only be booked online. No problem, I thought, that's what I am doing. The only problem was that the excursion is fully booked. :( There was a similar new excursion listed, so we booked that as a substitute.

Has anyone in Australia/NZ had any luck accessing their OBC in this way?

I tried to book an excursion in the Grand Caymans last night and was directed to enter my credit card with no option to pick my US$600 OBC instead.

I cancelled and will try again in a few days (perhaps ring instead).

Has anyone in Australia/NZ had any luck accessing their OBC in this way?

I tried to book an excursion in the Grand Caymans last night and was directed to enter my credit card with no option to pick my US$600 OBC instead.

I cancelled and will try again in a few days (perhaps ring instead).

You may have to call the Captain's Club to resolve your issue, but I'm not sure you have that option from Australia/NZ.

I know someone going on a cruise on the 15th of April and was told that the program didn't start for sailings until a week or so later.

You may have to call the Captain's Club to resolve your issue, but I'm not sure you have that option from Australia/NZ.

I know someone going on a cruise on the 15th of April and was told that the program didn't start for sailings until a week or so later.

Thanks heaps for the reply. Do you mean that the option to book with OBC might be available to Aus/NZ around late April?

If I have to wait, I guess that's okay (my cruise is on the Edge and a long way away). I'm just excited to get a few things locked in. :-)

Thanks heaps for the reply. Do you mean that the option to book with OBC might be available to Aus/NZ around late April?

If I have to wait, I guess that's okay (my cruise is on the Edge and a long way away). I'm just excited to get a few things locked in. :-)

No, what I mean is cruises leaving within the next week or so are not eligible. They are rolling out the program beginning with cruises starting after 22 April

I read somewhere, can't put my finger on it, but that Edge was not eligible or participating in this new program. :(

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news and a positive change from Celebrity.

I'm curious as to how those of you who have upgraded your beverage packages using your OBC did so. I have tried doing this and if I add a Premium Package to my cart, it just shows the full amount (rather than the upgrade amount). I could not see a separate upgrade amount or an option on my reservation to upgrade the beverage package.

Any tips? I could always call Celebrity but wondered whether there was a simple way of doing it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.