British Isles

Karen Lynn

Afraid the weather cannot be guaranteed in our fair country.

July could be hot, warm, breezy, chilly or rainy.

You won't have to worry about snow or fog though. LOL

I would always select a balcony if possible - you may be lucky and enjoy glorious weather.

We were on the British Isles cruise last year (with a balcony) and had such gorgeous weather I needed sunscreen :)!!! Enjoyed breakfast on our balcony and lots of time on deck. The year before it was really cold so of course you never know but we lucked out, it was so warm in London after the cruise I wish I had packed more summer clothes. I wish you the best of luck with the weather!

Furniture arrangement is better in a veranda. Desk and sitting area are near the slider to the veranda and the bed is near the bathroom. In an oceanview it's reversed, creating a bit of an obstacle course (coffee table) to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Furniture arrangement is better in a veranda. Desk and sitting area are near the slider to the veranda and the bed is near the bathroom. In an oceanview it's reversed, creating a bit of an obstacle course (coffee table) to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I've never had an issue with the coffee table at night. Before going to bed I just move it closer to the sofa. One think I like about the window cabin as opposed to a balcony is the bed is at the far end if the room where the sofa would be in a veranda room. The big window sill is also very useful space. But of course no balcony.

Okay - next question ... (s)

DLX Club Verandah #8090 or #8093 (same on decks 6/7)

Anyone had one of these aft staterooms?

Noisy? Any rougher sailing?

Best side for British Isles - thinking Starboard?

Thank you!!!!:)

Edited by Karen Lynn

• 2 weeks later...
Actually now I'm thinking port side...:rolleyes:

We were port side when we did this cruise, we had a great view of the fireworks in Liverpool but otherwise it really didn't matter.

Remember most of your sail always are in the evening. Often you are at dinner or having drinks.

Sail in you might have some days where it is nice to look out.