Miami Hotels

Canadianhey!

I would imagine that any hotel in the downtown area will have a lot of shopping for my pre-cruise wine run, and stuff that I forgot to pack.

As we have never cruised out of Miami before I know nothing about the area. I gather most people stay in the downtown section for their cruise. My question is: Is there any hotel that I should stay away from booking? We are coming from Canada (with the very poor dollar) so we will be there for 2 nights before the cruise and do not want to get caught in a bad hotel. Any info on hotels for October will be very much appreciated.

Hampton Inn Miami Brickell is where we have a reservation for October. It is a block away from the metro which comes from the airport, as well as the people mover which will take you to lots of areas for free! Also, the hotel is within a couple blocks of grocery stores, restaurants, night life, and many are very happy here.

Very close to the port, too. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Also, free breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would be easier to provide hotels that you should consider.

Hampton Inn is a good option. It is about a 15 to 20 minute drive to the port but located near lots of shopping and restaurants and does include the breakfast.

Others to take a look at include:

Intercontinental and Marriott Marquis (about a 5 minute drive to the port); JW Marriott and Conrad Hilton (about a fifteen minute drive to the port and located within a five minute walk of the new Brickell Centre with lots of restaurants and shopping and a similar distance to Mary Brickell Village also with lots of shopping and restaurants).

There are many more options but this is a good start to look at.

Keith

Budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your mark. Besides those suggested above the Hyatt, Doubletree, Holiday Inn and the Marriott next door to the Doubletree are all popular downtown hotels for cruisers. Taxi to any from MIA airport will be about $25+ (or you can Uber for under $15).

Just read the reviews, it will be clear which ones to stay clear of, the cheaper the rate, the more likely its not a good. If you give us a list of hotels you are thinking of we can let you know if any you should stay away from. The majority of the hotels are fine, just make sure to pick 3 star or better. Popular cheaper hotels are Holiday Inn Port Miami, Hampton Brickell, YVE Hotel, Courtyard Marriott Downtown Miami, the Langford.

Where's the Sheraton?

I just can't picture it.

Keith

The Sheraton at Miami airport is what I think this is in reference too. They do have a shuttle to the dolphin mall but it is not free. There's a charge play to the driver.

Hampton Inn Miami Brickell is where we have a reservation for October. It is a block away from the metro which comes from the airport, as well as the people mover which will take you to lots of areas for free! Also, the hotel is within a couple blocks of grocery stores, restaurants, night life, and many are very happy here.

Very close to the port, too. Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Also, free breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always stay at the Hampton inn Brickell, and have it booked for our next cruise.

We have never used the Metro from the airport, but note that it actually comes from the rental car center, so you have to take a shuttle train from the airport to the rental car center, and then get the metro train there.

The people mover is certainly an option in downtown, but it's slow and doesn't appear to be very regular. I'd also be careful of it outside of business hours, but that's just me.

Taxis are a fine option, as is Uber or Lyft.

The Sheraton at Miami airport is what I think this is in reference too. They do have a shuttle to the dolphin mall but it is not free. There's a charge play to the driver.

OK now I get it.

Since the OP is staying for two nights I just can't imagine the desire to stay at an airport hotel and go to that mall.

I would stay downtown not at the airport.

Keith