What Is Your Favorite Hotel At Port Canaveral?

WeWant2BCruzin

We will be porting out of PC in April but probably spend several days in FL prior to our cruise going to Universal etc. Normally we try to stay in Hampton hotels because they are consistently nice hotels and a good breakfast no matter where we go. Is the Hampton in PC on the beach? Would be great to have a hotel with beach access.

Doesn't matter if they offer a park and cruise option, we always park at port.

Hampton is on the beach just south of Ron Jon's. Beach access and views to the southeast. Sunrise this morning.

396ee6364e014c7d27dde52b0beec05b.jpg

You can also see the ships headed south.

53911aa7885c9ae02ecaee973629706a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hampton is on the beach just south of Ron Jon's. Beach access and views to the southeast.

That's great I thought maybe we'd have to drive to the beach from the Hampton Inn. Well that seals the deal on that one. Especially since they have a room with 2 queens and a sleeper that has a ocean view balcony. So the girls wouldn't even have to share a bed. We may even book it for after the cruise a few days instead of heading straight home.

Think we'll skip Universal and just make this a beach and cruise vacation instead. Awww serenity lol

Magellan 321, are you familiar with the Comfort Inn Suites Cocoa Beach? Is that hotel ok to stay?

We stayed there back in February. It was great. We had an ocean view suite at the back of the property and it really didn't need any updating, seemed to be nicely kept. It is a very large property so long line up at check-in and check-out and also for breakfast. As another poster mentioned, there are lots of eateries and stores nearby. Ron Jons is a block away. It was about a 10 minute walk down the beach to the pier. We plan to stay there again next year.

Edited by jtdlmc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Soooo any advice. Would u do it again? Was the deal worth it? How was your vaca? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No balconies at either. Hilton has better pool. The 4 points pool is awful. Doubletree is probably better than Hilton as it is closer to the Ron Jon area

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

That's a fabulous deal! And normally these kind of vacation resorts have a minimum 2 night stay or longer so you have a win-win!

On the beach, location is safe and Azteca on-site is not bad. Also you have one of the best local restaurants just a short walk to the north (Florida Fresh Grill).

Have a great stay!

That's a fabulous deal! And normally these kind of vacation resorts have a minimum 2 night stay or longer so you have a win-win!

On the beach, location is safe and Azteca on-site is not bad. Also you have one of the best local restaurants just a short walk to the north (Florida Fresh Grill).

Have a great stay!

Thank you so much. Had not heard a word about it, showed some decent reviews on Trip Advisor but always prefer my CC friends. Assuming about 10 to 15 minutes to port?

Dee

The Best Western was perfect for our group. It's older but staff was super accommodating. The pools were great and breakfast was standard hotel fare but included in the price. On the beach and next door to the pier. We were able to watch a rocket launch from our oceanfront balcony. Publix grocery store across the street.

I've booked the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach for my precruise stay, never stayed there before and actually have never sailed out of Port Canaveral. Just wondering if anyone else has stayed there or has any comments about the hotel. It seems to have pretty good ratings, comments and reviews at a reasonable price. Just hoping its a decent place for a 1 night precruise stay.

Thanks,

Stingray310

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn twice when sailing out of Port Canaveral. It's been consistently clean, safe, reasonably priced, near everything and right on the beach (path is along the other side of the fence at the far end of the pool.) We actually come and stay an extra full day before sailing because my kids love Cocoa Beach and the ability to run in and out of the pool, hot tub and ocean for the day. Breakfast is the typical Hampton Inn fare. And they have (or at least used to) a shuttle that takes you to/from the port. We'll be staying there this Dec when we sail the Epic from Port Canaveral. Good luck.

Has anyone booked from Cocoa Beach 4 less? I saw a Country Inn & Suites cruise & park + shuttle for $69 + tax.

Just curious if anyone has booked through them.

I know this is an old post but hopefully anyone that books through Cocoa Beach 4 less reads the terms and conditions. You have to sit and listen to a sales pitch for an hour in order to get those prices.

I know this is an old post but hopefully anyone that books through Cocoa Beach 4 less reads the terms and conditions. You have to sit and listen to a sales pitch for an hour in order to get those prices.

I knew that there had to be a "catch" for that price! I would rather not be caught!!

Just booked Homewood for only $23.97 - thank you work for having me travel just enough! Love those Honor points. Wondering what is around there? We are driving down, but still debating keeping the car at Homewood vs. the port. My DH votes for the port as even at Homewood it is not a gated or guarded lot. I'm leaning toward the port as it is my car which is only a year old. Wish the port hadn't stopped the discounted parking for specific hotels.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Just booked Homewood for only $23.97 - thank you work for having me travel just enough! Love those Honor points. Wondering what is around there? We are driving down, but still debating keeping the car at Homewood vs. the port. My DH votes for the port as even at Homewood it is not a gated or guarded lot. I'm leaning toward the port as it is my car which is only a year old. Wish the port hadn't stopped the discounted parking for specific hotels.

Now that's a deal!

Several good places to eat and drink near the hotel! The parking is very safe at the back of the building. You can bring a car cover if you are worried about the sun, etc.

For pictures of the parking, tips for the best rooms and where to go, please read the Guide to the Homewood Suites for Cruisers.

neighbor-map-2.jpg

Homewood Suites just opened, but I would recommend KElsey's or Preachers! We've been to both, and Kelsey's is especially nice, lunches and dinner. There's a lot of good places around there. SteerageJoe's picture is PERFECT for a good idea of where to go without having to explore too far

• 1 month later...

Me too. I didn't have enough points but they have the cash and points. It is only $4.34 and my last 29,000 "work" points. It was less points than other Hilton properties, but maybe since not on the beach. But getting in late night before so this will do with free breakfast. Booked it earlier today without seeing these posts that it is relatively new, so this is great. Like bargains too like you received.

Me too. I didn't have enough points but they have the cash and points. It is only $4.34 and my last 29,000 "work" points. It was less points than other Hilton properties, but maybe since not on the beach. But getting in late night before so this will do with free breakfast. Booked it earlier today without seeing these posts that it is relatively new, so this is great. Like bargains too like you received.

That's great! You will love the Homewood!

If you want to see the distant cruise ships from your room, ask for odd-numbers (eg. 627) on the 6th floor!

Here is an updated area photo map:

Cape-Canaveral-Hotels.jpg

• 2 weeks later...