Insurance

Aruba76

We are wondering if it makes any difference whether we purchase our trip insurance through Celebrity or another company. Is there a significant difference in cost, and, more importantly, is Celebrity's coverage adequate/comprehensive enough in relation to policies purchased elsewhere? Thank you for any advice you can give us.

There are a couple hundred companies that provide this type of insurance plus several of the premium credit cards offer coverage of up to $25K. EVERY policy is different and they all have various types of exclusions.

The most important thing to consider is preexisting conditions and if you have any have you bought in time for them to be covered - ie. if you have some sort of arthritis and it flares up.

FWIW - I never buy more insurance. Have $25K worth on my credit card and medical with transport included worldwide with my medical insurer. Everyone should most importantly make sure they have medical that covers overseas treatment AND transport home for all that are travelling.

I am a BIG believer in Travel Insurance. We use Travel Guard. Long story short for our last TA we flew into Paris and were to travelby train to Rome... Unfortunately a train strike left us standed... It took $2500 in extra trip costs to get us to Rome and Travel Guard refunded it in FULL. You never know!

plus we pay within 15 days of the deposit to get the prior condition inclusion. Both our next 2 cruises are already covered.:)

Contact Steve at Trip insurance store. He is the most knowlegable I have ever found and will take the time to explain all the smallest details to you.

I never use anyone else since I discovered him.

We use Steve also. I question the poster that found it $50 cheaper - there would have had to have a difference. Put in wrong state, etc.

I agree blindrid; by law the same policies must be sold for the same price. With Steve, you get personalized service and experience that may be lacking on other sites. If you know exactly what coverages you need and can sort through the wording yourself, you can buy your policy anywhere. But if you need some guidance or hand-holding or patient explanations, then Steve and his staff are the way to go IMO.

We now use Steve as well after a very bad experience with Square Mouth. It was the first time we ever had to file a claim and if I had not made phone calls, written letters etc I would likely still be waiting for my payments....it was not fun, it was not good in anyway shape or form. Before insuring our replacement trip I had a long talk with Steve about the problems we had and he assured me what I ran into was not "industry standard" That was the line I kept hearing from Square Mouth.....

If you have access to USAA, they have very good travel insurance, with multiple options. With the cruise lines, you only have one policy to select. I just insured the cruise I booked today for almost $40 less than thru Celebrity and got better coverage in areas that mean the most- trip delays/ cancellation, and, heaven forbid, medical evacuation/repatriation.