Bermuda free train trolley questions

educator

I understand that the Dockyard in Bermuda has a free hop on hop off train trolley that circulates throughout the Dockyard. 1) Is it up and running by May 1rst? 2) Do I need advanced reservations or is it first come first served? 3) Where do I get tickets and board it?

Ditto what Donna said. No ressies, jump on, jump off. VERY simple deal. They do stop at a large drug, food, snacks/drinks/souvenirs store. The sign says "Pharmacy". No worries. Ask the driver if you have any questions. If he's helpful, give him a $.

Check out "Bonefish" or "Frog and Onion" before you get back on board for a parting Bermuda drink and app. Internet free there. And it's easy walking back to the ship from either one. Enjoy Bermuda!

Rick and Deirdra

My mother always said, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so, here goes..... I know Bus #7 is the bus I want to Horseshoe Bay, do they take US Currency? I'm wondering if I need to convert $$ in order to enjoy Bermuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My mother always said, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so, here goes..... I know Bus #7 is the bus I want to Horseshoe Bay, do they take US Currency? I'm wondering if I need to convert $$ in order to enjoy Bermuda.

They accept the American dollar. As far as bus/ferry ....you have to purchase passes right outside of the ship. Buses and Ferries do not accept cash.

I don't know if each individual bus taxes US currency, but the kiosk where you buy the day passes does take USD. The day passes are a very good deal as they cover both buses and ferries.

I don't know if each individual bus taxes US currency, but the kiosk where you buy the day passes does take USD. The day passes are a very good deal as they cover both buses and ferries.

A Day Pass. I like that a lot. Thank You Very Much. That sounds like the way to go.

A Day Pass. I like that a lot. Thank You Very Much. That sounds like the way to go.

They have multiple day passes too. When we were there overnight, the two-day pass came in very handy.

Perfect. That sounds like the way to go, our 5-nighter on Grandeur will be overnight in Bermuda. Do the trolleys/busses run 24 hours/day?

I don't know if all the busses have the same schedule, but the ones we took were something like 6am to 11pm. You can get a printed schedule at thekiosl where you buy the passes.

It is a basic white open-air tram that makes a loop of the dockyard area. We found it to be a slow method of transportation in the dockyard.

When the ship first arrived we took the tram to where we boarded the bus. however, on every other time we tried to get on the tram we either waited too long and gave up or it was full and it would be too long to wait for another. [we were there 3 days]. If you have trouble walking the tram would be the way to go. [ the dockyard would be hard to get around] If you do not have mobility issues it is easier and much faster to just walk. JMHO

The bus/ferry passes in Bermuda are an excellent way to get around. We bought 3 day passes for about $30+ pp. [i think they have gone up some]

edit: I copied this update from the Bermuda website: http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000091.htm

Pass Fares (valid for both buses & ferries in all routes and all zones)

Update: Last fare revision effective April 1, 2015

Adult Pass: 1day $19, 2day $31.50, 3day $44, 4day $48.50,

Child Pass (age 5-16) : 1day $9.50, 2day $16, 3day $22, 4day $24.50,

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

How would you get to St. George from the dockyard by Ferry or bus?

Take the ferry, much faster. You may have to wait a bit for the ferry, but in the end it will be significantly faster.

They accept the American dollar. As far as bus/ferry ....you have to purchase passes right outside of the ship. Buses and Ferries do not accept cash.

Buses and ferries do accept exact change, coins only which can be US. Dollar bills are not accepted on either. But why would you want to carry $10.00 in coins in your pockets? Buy tokens, tickets or a transportation pass before boarding. Change is not made on either.

SBtS

Buses and ferries do accept exact change, coins only which can be US. Dollar bills are not accepted on either. But why would you want to carry $10.00 in coins in your pockets? Buy tokens, tickets or a transportation pass before boarding. Change is not made on either.

SBtS

The first of many times to Bermuda...(not knowing about getting the passes), we handed PAPER money to the bus driver. She said NO cash and told us where to get the passes.

So, you are saying they accept coins. Ok, I have never seen anyone do that, but you say we can. So I guess you can carry around a bunch of coins if you don't want to get the pass. Hope that is better.

Edited by champagne123
cccccccdddddfffff

As noted in the time table in the above post, a seasonal ferry does run between the Dockyard and St. George.

It was running when I was last there several years ago and I noticed that the ferries did not sail that route as frequently as some of the other routes.

Otherwise, take the ferry to Hamilton and the bus out to St George.

The first of many times to Bermuda...(not knowing about getting the passes), we handed PAPER money to the bus driver. She said NO cash and told us where to get the passes.

So, you are saying they accept coins. Ok, I have never seen anyone do that, but you say we can. So I guess you can carry around a bunch of coins if you don't want to get the pass. Hope that is better.

You don't have to carry around a pocket full of change. If you don't want to buy a Transportation Pass, buy tokens for the number ot trips planned on a bus or ferry, or buy a booklet of 15 tickets for up to 15 trips.

The cash fare is $5.00PP (adult) per trip. Tokens are $4.50, a savings of $.50PP per trip from the cash fare. A booklet of 15 tickets costs $37.50 which calculates to a savings of $2.50PP per trip from the cash fare. Fare prices were for 2015.

Bus & Ferry fares:

2015fares.jpgs

SBtS

• 4 weeks later...
Hey I have been to Bermuda, but truthfully I don't remember. Can I do the Dockyard with my scooter. The only time I was in Bermuda I just did a tour and didn't even stop to look around the Dockyard..

Bigmama - are talking a motor scooter or one that people use with mobility issues that can go on a sidewalk? I wouldnt recommend using a motor scooter unless you are VERY VERY experienced with driving on the other side of the road. We saw quite a few accidents there the last time with people driving the scooters that were from the US and they were spectacular accidents and thankfully NOT fatal or critical .