Safe Question regarding one card to use

ddlb

The last time we cruised I needed to get something from the safe but my husband had the card we used to lock it and he was off wandering around somewhere. What do you guys do to get into your safe? Should we just keep the card used somewhere else in the room so that if either of us needs to get into the safe when the other is out and about we can do it?

Not a cure for this problem: I prefer those safes that use a number combination. Either of you could then use the safe. For this issue, try using a gas or dept. store card and then

leave it in a drawer. No one in your stateroom would be interested in a dept. store card or

an (expired) gas card or think to use it in a safe.

Depending on the ship, you may not have any card swipe type safes. They are on the older ships, and are replaced with the number pad safes wehn necessary.

We usually hide the card somewhere in the room so we both have access to the safe.

Not to give away all my secrets, but we found this in our stateroom on the Grandeur and was quite surprised by it; they tell you not to use your stateroom key card as I imagine your stateroom attendant would be able to use their card, so I found a gift card I had in my wallet and used that and just stored it in a pouch/ditty bag in our room near the safe so it was hidden yet easily accessible.

Any card with a magnetic stripe will do, and of course you are not charged anything for the in room safe.

What ship are you sailing? I believe that most have switched over to the keypad safes.

Wow - you know what we were on the Allure last time and it did have the keypad safe! We were on the Carnival before that. This sailing will be on the Independence of the Seas - does anyone know if that also has the keypad safes? Hope so! Appreciate all the responses.

Wow - you know what we were on the Allure last time and it did have the keypad safe! We were on the Carnival before that. This sailing will be on the Independence of the Seas - does anyone know if that also has the keypad safes? Hope so! Appreciate all the responses.

Indy has all keypad safes.

Indy had the keypad safe when we were on it back in November.

yes - keypad safes on the Indy!

Marianne

Depending on the ship, you may not have any card swipe type safes. They are on the older ships, and are replaced with the number pad safes wehn necessary.

We usually hide the card somewhere in the room so we both have access to the safe.

I was wondering about that, I've not encountered the card swipe in my cruises (Voyager in 06 is the only one I don't remember clearly. )

I was wondering about that, I've not encountered the card swipe in my cruises (Voyager in 06 is the only one I don't remember clearly. )

The last one we had was in an SOV on Monarch last year.

The last time we cruised I needed to get something from the safe but my husband had the card we used to lock it and he was off wandering around somewhere. What do you guys do to get into your safe? Should we just keep the card used somewhere else in the room so that if either of us needs to get into the safe when the other is out and about we can do it?

Follow the instruction on the safe to Programm two Cards to operate the safe. This way each of you can have their own Card and open the safe.

Follow the instruction on the safe to Programm two Cards to operate the safe. This way each of you can have their own Card and open the safe.

Ha - my hubby never told me you could program two cards! Guess he figured the money would last longer that way :)