Current Platinum Gift on Breeze? (April 2015)

imluvncruzn

Please tell me you jest....wife just turned Platinum and I was hoping she would get something useful...!!! I wouldn't waste my space in the luggage for a chess/checker set... Yes I know it's free, but that is soooo lame!! I hope that changes before June....[emoji31][emoji31]

not sure about the Breeze, but we just got off the Sensation and we got the sundry bag ... I was needing a new one so I was happy....

it has a hang up hook so that will be perfect in the small bathrooms on the ship.

Just off the Valor last week and it was the Checker/Chess set. It's pretty nice little set and very compact. I'll never use it, but it was free and the kids love it.

It's a free gift...:rolleyes:

Assure your wife she will get something useful, regardless of what it is....

Edited by poison7fl

Yeah, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but we just got off B2B2B2B so we ended up with 8 of the checkerboards! lol

We were able to trade two for travel mugs, we kept 2, we gave another 2 away to random people on the ship that were playing games, and the last 2 we gave back to Carnival because my husband was angry over a totally unrelated issue and said he didn't want it! lol

If you were looking forward to "useful" gifts when you became platinum, I'm afraid you are going to be very disappointed. Very few of the gifts have been useful. It has gotten better in the last few years but they used to have the same tired gifts for a year or more...

Like others have said, its a "free gift" don't expect much and you won't be disappointed..

If you were looking forward to "useful" gifts when you became platinum, I'm afraid you are going to be very disappointed. Very few of the gifts have been useful. It has gotten better in the last few years but they used to have the same tired gifts for a year or more...

Like others have said, its a "free gift" don't expect much and you won't be disappointed..

Actually, I think about half of the gifts we have gotten are useful.

Please tell me you jest....wife just turned Platinum and I was hoping she would get something useful...!!! I wouldn't waste my space in the luggage for a chess/checker set... Yes I know it's free, but that is soooo lame!! I hope that changes before June....[emoji31][emoji31]

I'll trade you the chess/checkers set for a craptastic beach bad with a 'cooler' built into the bottom...it is 'mint in bag', it was last year's gift.

I'll trade you the chess/checkers set for a craptastic beach bad with a 'cooler' built into the bottom...it is 'mint in bag', it was last year's gift.

I actually liked my beach bag with the cooler.. it has come in handy a few times, but not sure how long it will last... I keep waiting for the zipper to break :(

Just off the Valor last week and it was the Checker/Chess set. It's pretty nice little set and very compact. I'll never use it, but it was free and the kids love it.

It's a free gift...:rolleyes:

Assure your wife she will get something useful, regardless of what it is....

I was on the same cruise as you. I traded mine for a Tervis cup. Would never have used the Chess Set

We have 6 toiletry bags from 2 previous cruises and I use one whenever I travel. On our last cruise, we got 2 more and when I asked if we could exchange them, I was told that anything else. We've stopped taking the over the door shoe holder for extras now that we have these bags, as we hang them from the hooks on the bathroom door and find that works just as well.

How often do they change the platinum gift? Is it approximately six months, a year, or is there really no rhyme or reason to when they change?

We're about to book what will become our platinum cruise for next January. I'm not too excited about this gift (of course, it's a free gift, so we'll take them and probably keep one and give one away) but I have seen some of the past guest gifts that I liked more.