How much should I expect to pay for a taxi from Schipol into the city?

stipmom

Take the train to Central Station and then the tram to the Rembrandt Square stop near your hotel.

No need for a Taxi but if you must it will run you about 60 euro or so.

Are there also shuttles going to the hotels in the centre of the city? since we will have 3 weeks worth of luggage, the train is out

Last fall, we paid 36 euros with schipholtaxi.nl. Two people, two suitcases, two carry-ons.

Booked it on-line in advance (no pre-pay required).

The car was a very nice Tesla - sweet ride!

Maybe I'm missing it, but I can't fine an English version on the site. Do you know of one?

Maybe I'm missing it, but I can't fine an English version on the site. Do you know of one?

Now that you mention it, I remember using Google Translate to translate a few phrases so I could figure out how to submit a reservation. It wasn't that hard.

https://translate.google.com/#nl/fr/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.schipholtaxi.nl%2F

If you have the Chrome browser installed on your PC/Mac, it will automatically detect that the webpage is in Dutch, and offer to translate it for you. See attached screenshot.

Schipol.pdf

For anyone's future reference:

No taxi should charge you per person in NL, unless you take a larger/more expensive taxi van.

Rates should be visible on a chart from the outside and inside.

Rate are made up from: starting rate, distance and time.

Metered rates can vary per taxi and company! We have maximum rates by law.

Fixed prices are common for longer/standard rides and negotiable but must be agreed on before driving off.

See (Dutch, use translate via rightclick in Chrome) https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/taxi/vraag-en-antwoord/wat-zijn-de-kosten-voor-een-taxi

I think there's no English version of that website. Which date(s) and adress, I will look it up for you!

I went to this site and clicked a small flag icon in the upper right corner. I got English descriptions and pricing.

Sixt's MyDriver private car service is now available to/from AMS btw

It's not cheaper than a taxi through an hotel but the € 15,- discount code "md15" might help a bit. :)

https://www.mydriver.com

Had a quote from the website for oneway AMS- Amsterdam Central station (about the furthest/longest stretch one needs to go for a inner city hotel) for about 60 or 65 Euro for a small BMW 2, regular Mercedes E class (the most common taxi here in NL) was higher.

But it's a private transfer, with a name sign and all! :)

• 3 months later...

We booked the Schipol shuttle from the airport to our hotel on May 7, 2016. You need to put in your destination and the price will appear. You will have to prepay for the ride. We found the pickup area inside the airport very easy to find, the driver very courteous and the vehicle clean. I would highly recomend there service.

We booked the Schipol shuttle from the airport to our hotel on May 7, 2016. You need to put in your destination and the price will appear. You will have to prepay for the ride. We found the pickup area inside the airport very easy to find, the driver very courteous and the vehicle clean. I would highly recomend there service.

Thanks, I wanted the cruise terminal.

I tried to put it in and it will not take it ..??

Felison terminal in IJmuiden is a bit different, try Sluisplein 33 (the DFDS ferry office which also uses that pier).

No shuttle, just cruise line or private transfers and as a last resort; public transport.

Felison terminal in IJmuiden is a bit different, try Sluisplein 33 (the DFDS ferry office which also uses that pier).

No shuttle, just cruise line or private transfers and as a last resort; public transport.

Be aware there are 2 terminals in IJmuiden.

One for the ferry going to Newcastle - Sluisplein 33

but cruises leave from the terminal located at

Cruiseboulevard 10 (for navigation use Volendamkade 1)

1976 EB IJmuiden

This one is rather isolated, public transport isnot convenient, better take the shuttle. Cabs will be expensive, it is 15 miles west from Amsterdam.