Miami hotel suggestions before cruising

SeaQueen52

We are booked on NCL Getaway in Nov. from port of Miami. Our flights land in Fort Lauderdale. We are looking for hotel for a few pre cruise nights that might have shuttles to/from airport and the port. Any suggestions of hotels or websites to check?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you come over to the Florida Departures board, you will find all sorts of hotel, transport and other info. I can't give you the link right now, but someone else will shortly, I am sure.

First piece of info, FLL is 40 or so minutes from the Port of Miami, so there are no free shuttles. But, again, your options are explained very well over on the Florida board.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We are booked on NCL Getaway in Nov. from port of Miami. Our flights land in Fort Lauderdale. We are looking for hotel for a few pre cruise nights that might have shuttles to/from airport and the port. Any suggestions of hotels or websites to check?

I would grab a rent a car and head south to the Florida Keys .

Marriott Key Largo bay is nice .:D

I have found a few great deals on Jetsetter.com ,Cruise Critics sister Co.

Edited by biker@sea

Cabs are plentiful....and about $12 from the hotels near the port. Intercontinental is NICE...the Holiday Inn across the street is fine...same owners....one is nicer than the other!

I am guessing you didn't read the OP's post. They are flying into FLL, but sailing out of POM. They made no mention of staying in FLL, which your post is related to. Could be very confusing for the OP.

If you land in Ft Lauderdale a cab to Miami will be about $80. I don't think there are any hotels that will shuttle you for free. You'll have to book a shuttle or rent a car. Do you want a hotel in Miami or in Ft Lauderdale?

Better still just fly into Miami in the first place.

Edited by Marie51