Harmony pricing increase?

I have been keeping an eye on the price of the cruise we booked on harmony for next July and it has remained fairly stable since we booked it in June although the "freebies" offered have changed.

I just noticed yesterday that it has now jumped more than £1000 - I was just curious if this is now happening generally with harmony pricing?

I guess all the people who say the earlier you book the better price you get are right!

That pricing generally happens with all ships, maybe just not as big a leap. We always book as far out as possible, and if there are any decreases we try to catch them before they go back up. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

I have been keeping an eye on the price of the cruise we booked on harmony for next July and it has remained fairly stable since we booked it in June although the "freebies" offered have changed.

I just noticed yesterday that it has now jumped more than £1000 - I was just curious if this is now happening generally with harmony pricing?

I guess all the people who say the earlier you book the better price you get are right!

Since we don't live near a port city (and I am a self confessed balcony snob :-)), we pretty much don't have a choice but to book early. It's always worked out well for us. Booked Harmony when Royal ran the 30/30/30 sale and paying less for what we paid for the same cabin on Oasis in 2014. It's only gone up since then.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's across the board for the most part. The cabin next door (same cabin class) to ours on our Oasis (Nov 2015) cruise - as of this morning - is $1,100 more than what we paid, and no OBC. We have $200 OBC coming as part of a promo that came out right after we booked this cruise over a year ago. We always book well over a year in advance - and so far, it's worked well for us. I wish I had booked Harmony when those prices were so low. Now they're out of my comfort zone.

We booked our Allure cruise about 7 months ago and it's not about $1400 CAD more than we paid (and with no OBC). And overall, it seems like prices just keep rising...so think it's across the board.

It's definitely good to book early. You can always cancel and get all your money back.

Edited by LuCruise

We booked July 26th for a D7 and looking today the price went up $890 with a $100 onboard credit for our June 2016 cruise. The second week in August I noticed that there was an extra onboard credit of $150 for shore excursions so I called and got it also.

I booked an ATS in early June on Harmony. Later that month they added OBC and a slight decrease in price (I was able to take advantage of).

I couldn't talk my stepson and DiL into sharing a 2bd ATS, I think the difference in the 1BD and 2BD was about 1100 at the time (for 4 ppl). I am kicking myself in the butt for not adding 2 dummy names to the reservation. Had I known the Suite Class would make such a difference between the 1 and 2 bedroom.... UGH still kicking myself!! The 2bd ATS is now almost $3700 more and the 1bd that I booked for 2 is now sold out but last I checked when it was available was $1400 more and no OBC.

My Stepson and DiL wanted a Central Park Promenade but during the 30/30/30 in June it was less expensive to get them a CP Balcony. There was some balcony discount going on too, balconies were less expensive than inside cabins. When they find out the perks they gave up.... sigh