Rotterdam Captain and CD as of July 2?

shrimp56

I'm sure Copper will consult his crystal ball for me:)

Crystal ball says Capt. Marco Carsjens and CD Sabine van Leuken are scheduled. The ball is always entitled to change its mind when last minute adjustments occur!

Crystal ball says Capt. Marco Carsjens and CD Sabine van Leuken are scheduled. The ball is always entitled to change its mind when last minute adjustments occur!

Copper John,

Might these same individuals also be aboard for the Voyage of the Vikings sailing on July 20th?

Got to keep that ball rolling :)

And

Danke je:)

Copper John,

Might these same individuals also be aboard for the Voyage of the Vikings sailing on July 20th?

Yes for the captain; new CD joins that day: Michael Langley - Always subject to change! ;) Enjoy the VotV! :)

Yes for the captain; new CD joins that day: Michael Langley - Always subject to change! ;) Enjoy the VotV! :)

Michael's last cruise was suppose to be the Africa Adventure Cruise. At least that is what he said.

Then he was asked to come back for the trip from Rotterdam to the Far East. And now he is doing the VOV! Good fit since the VOV is going from Rotterdam to Boston then back to Rotterdam and then back to Boston. Sure to be plenty of Dutch speakers aboard. And Michael is from the Netherlands. He is noted for wearing some orange most days!

Michael's last cruise was suppose to be the Africa Adventure Cruise. At least that is what he said.

Then he was asked to come back for the trip from Rotterdam to the Far East. And now he is doing the VOV! Good fit since the VOV is going from Rotterdam to Boston then back to Rotterdam and then back to Boston. Sure to be plenty of Dutch speakers aboard. And Michael is from the Netherlands. He is noted for wearing some orange most days!

Well, for a Dutchman, Michael has a very un-Dutch surname ;) Sabine's on the other hand, is as Dutch as you're gonna get ;)

Well, for a Dutchman, Michael has a very un-Dutch surname ;) Sabine's on the other hand, is as Dutch as you're gonna get ;)

All I can say is that he and his family members are all from the Netherlands and all speak and write in Dutch. Whereas Michael writes in English on his Facebook page. He will respond in Dutch to Dutch speaker. His father writes only in Dutch (I checked Michael's family members on his Facebook Page). The family may have resided in the Netherlands for a very long time. After all William of Orange & Mary Stuart were joint rulers of England. Hope you have an opportunity to sail with Michael someday. Although, he seems to be doing the CD job as a special assignment since he is now a spokesperson for Holland America in the Netherlands.

All I can say is that he and his family members are all from the Netherlands and all speak and write in Dutch. Whereas Michael writes in English on his Facebook page. He will respond in Dutch to Dutch speaker. His father writes only in Dutch (I checked Michael's family members on his Facebook Page). The family may have resided in the Netherlands for a very long time. After all William of Orange & Mary Stuart were joint rulers of England. Hope you have an opportunity to sail with Michael someday. Although, he seems to be doing the CD job as a special assignment since he is now a spokesperson for Holland America in the Netherlands.

Thanks for the update, Sharon!

Thanks for the update, Sharon!

You are welcome. I will send you a photo of Michael. He definitely is a classy dresser. Looks like he could have walked right out of a men's fashion magazine. Wish I had taken more photos of him as he almost aways wore something orange--tie, shoes, handkerchief or shirt when he was dressing casual.

If you are fortunate enough to sail with both consider yourself lucky!! We just returned from the Rotterdam and enjoyed our cruise very much. Captain Marco Carsjens gave a fascinating and informative Q&A and Sabine was a very capable CD. She always spoke first in English but when she made the transition to Dutch one felt the languages were connected somehow!

Edited by pbnjrockette

I found Michael Langley to be the best CD I've ever sailed with. He's personable, intelligent, and does not try to tell jokes constantly. Very very nice individual. And, I'm friends with him on Facebook too.

• 11 months later...

Thank you, Copper 10-8. Can you also tell us who all will be assigned to our VOV this year?

We will certainly enjoy the legendary Voyage of the Vikings.

Barbara

We were quite impressed with both. The Captain is very gracious and does quite an informative noon-time report and Q&A session. Sabine is the right blend of professionalism and friendliness. She was under the weather with an eye infections and we missed her during that period on our cruise.

Thank you, Copper 10-8. Can you also tell us who all will be assigned to our VOV this year?

We will certainly enjoy the legendary Voyage of the Vikings.

Barbara

Note this thread is over a year old. Copper has been on the job for several months now and does not respond to these queries while he is working. That post was about the 2016 cruise.

Roy

Just a heads up that this thread was originally started a year ago, and some responses may not be pertinent. To the best of my knowledge, I think that Copper 10-8 is still on his latest HAL contract, and may not see or answer this thread.

Edited to add, sorry Rafinmd, I responded at the same time you did, and I didn't see your answer.

Note this thread is over a year old. Copper has been on the job for several months now and does not respond to these queries while he is working. That post was about the 2016 cruise.

Roy

Oops, good catch.

Just a heads up that this thread was originally started a year ago, and some responses may not be pertinent. To the best of my knowledge, I think that Copper 10-8 is still on his latest HAL contract, and may not see or answer this thread.

Edited to add, sorry Rafinmd, I responded at the same time you did, and I didn't see your answer.

Thank you both.

No wonder it seemed too good to be true.

Barbara