Istanbul port

jaxw17

Hi we are sailing from Istanbul on Monday the 22nd I believe there are two ports does anyone know where this will go from please

Jackie

Check in your Blue Booklet.

On Page 4, you'll find everything that you always wanted to know about the Embarkation Port (Name, address, telephone #, distance to airport), but were afraid to ask. ;)

Two years ago there were 2 ports being used. It was the $100 question. We left hotel by taxi in old town and crossed the bridge. The first port he stopped at was not our ship. No problem...we went to the next one. Not far from Sultanamett area (sp). Oceania said they could not nail it down b/c you never know where they will dock you...size of ships and first come first served. I worried about this, but not a big deal.

Ours read the same way Terri/Mike. We actually saw the Marina sail in to port the day before we embarked while on the verandah of Topkapi...very exciting. Our first cruise on Marina. As I said above I worried, but the taxi driver was great. If ship comes in day before you might be able to tell yourselves whether the first port or the second one nearer the Palace. By the way, we had the most fabulous October weather everywhere we went.

Check in your Blue Booklet.

On Page 4, you'll find everything that you always wanted to know about the Embarkation Port (Name, address, telephone #, distance to airport), but were afraid to ask. ;)

It gives 2 ports but does not state which one it will be it's either or.

Ours read the same way Terri/Mike. We actually saw the Marina sail in to port the day before we embarked while on the verandah of Topkapi...very exciting. Our first cruise on Marina. As I said above I worried, but the taxi driver was great. If ship comes in day before you might be able to tell yourselves whether the first port or the second one nearer the Palace. By the way, we had the most fabulous October weather everywhere we went.

Ship arrives today so Lola911's advice is perfect. Should be there by now!

The two ports are right next to each other; simply two different terminals and entrances. Both take up a lot of space because there are no protruding jetties and the ships dock horizontally to the street.

Both are centrally located at the western side of the Bosphorus below the newer area of the European side, just north of the Golden Horn.

The two ports are right next to each other; simply two different terminals and entrances. Both take up a lot of space because there are no protruding jetties and the ships dock horizontally to the street.

Both are centrally located at the western side of the Bosphorus below the newer area of the European side, just north of the Golden Horn.

This is so helpful. Knowing that the two possibilities are nearby, in fact adjacent is reassuring. Not knowing the ports and 'here or there' is disconcerting , especially somewhere far removed and concern, real or imagined, with language difficulty. I recall my first sailing from Miami and happy the cab driver knew where O docked. In hindsight so silly. At the time, a big (and exciting) adventure.

This is so helpful. Knowing that the two possibilities are nearby, in fact adjacent is reassuring. Not knowing the ports and 'here or there' is disconcerting , especially somewhere far removed and concern, real or imagined, with language difficulty. I recall my first sailing from Miami and happy the cab driver knew where O docked. In hindsight so silly. At the time, a big (and exciting) adventure.

Yes - as CintiPam mentioned the ports are next to each other and one can easily see from the street where your ship is.

So the taxi driver should have no trouble getting you to the right one.

We were in Istanbul a few days early and our guide was traveling with us on the ferry and we saw our beautiful Nautica. Then coming back she was at anchor a few hundred yards from the pier. So they do move them around -- not a big cruise port at least at that time.

Is there anything more exciting than seeing your ship sitting there just waiting for you?? Knowing that tomorrow you will be welcomed on the ship and the grand adventure will begin -- to me one of the BEST pleasures in the world. Anticipation and joy just overwhelms me. But oh the sadness as you walk down that long path away from the ship on disembarkation day knowing that it will be awhile before you feel that excitement again. I have been known to be a bit cranky on that day!:rolleyes:

Bon Voyage!

Edited by Bowie MeMe