Thanks Celebrity For Working Your Magic

johhnnyt

A friend I met on the Equinox a few years ago is a young engineer as Tesla. He was married about a week ago, but because of the upcoming release of the model 3 was unable to have a honeymoon right away.

He called me on the 21st and said that Tesla informed him that if he wanted to, he was able to take vacation starting July 31. He called me as he wanted to see if he and his bride could get on the Reflection 10 day Western Mediterranean sailing, and what he needed to do to make it happen.

His budget for the holiday was about $8K inclusive of airfare, we did some looking, and saw that XC (Concierge Guarantee) cabins showed available at $1799pp , so he checked with his bride after returning home from work and by that time, the XC cabin was gone, and and even a CC3 was $2799 So what to do?

I emailed a friend who works for Celebrity and asked for help. He was kind enough to refer me us to Scott who is the AVP-Consumer Outreach, and Scott's team rallied to help.

Within an hour Chris had his honeymoon booked (with a Concierge Class Guarantee), RT Airfare from San Fran to Rome booked through Choice Air, airport transfers taken care of by Celebrity, and even a honeymooner annotation on their reservation to ensure this beautiful celebration continues on board. All well under his budget.

Thanks Celebrity!!!!!:D

Nice story. Thanks for sharing it but next time have him put a hold on the booking when he sees it....then he would have 24 hours to ask his bride and save you the phone calls.

Thanks. He did try, he put the courtesy hold on it, but I guess because of some problems with the website, it didn't go through, and by time he came back no courtesy hold was shown, and neither was the XC availability

Within an hour Chris had his honeymoon booked (with a Concierge Class Guarantee), RT Airfare from San Fran to Rome booked through Choice Air, airport transfers taken care of by Celebrity, and even a honeymooner annotation on their reservation to ensure this beautiful celebration continues on board. All well under his budget.

Thanks Celebrity!!!!!:D

Be sure to send him over to the Roll Call. We'll be on the cruise, and maybe we will have a chance to congratulate him.

Thanks for sharing - it's always nice to see happy, positive stories. What a wonderful honeymoon it will be for them!

Thumbs up to Celebrity.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

I agree, sometimes its nice to celebrate the positive. Sometimes I think it's easy to remember the annoyances (ice cubes too cold, deck chair was hard to find, ran out of snails on day 13, they overcooked my steak), rather than remembering all the good things they do, and the little extras that bring a smile to your face.

Because of his schedule (plus he had a 630 AM business trip the next day to Mexico) , he didn't really have the luxury of going to see a TA, so instead the Consumer Outreach team was able to put this together all this soup to nuts 9:30pm that night, and give him a good deal in the process.

To me, just seeing that type of outreach and problem solving skills s what makes a company strengthen its base and grow