Rome today! Oh dear!

nikkiw60

70379d2f0197385c67cb4dd99159a4a5.jpg

The weather in Rome today! The poncho / umbrella sellers were having a field day! For the people on the top deck of our tour bus they were throwing up to us the ponchos at €2 each!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rome at her dreary worst... Hopefully you're not just there for the one day.

Once I was in Rome for a full week in early December and it rained (bucketed, stormed) every day but one. There was flooding of the Tiber and tunnels were closed; it was a major mess. I visited a LOT of museums that week.

Sorry that it rained on your Rome parade...

I've been in Rome when it has rained all day long. Rain jacket and umbrella and a sunny disposition travel with me. This is when it is good to not be on a pre-planned schedule - make changes as needed. I'll just add more museums and churches and add a leisurely lunch (instead of a quick pick-up panino) and I'm a happy camper.

Our first Med cruise (six years ago) was in the winter (late Jan/early Feb). The day of our port call in Civitavecchia, six of us from our Roll Call used RomeinLimo for a full day tour of Rome. It was chilly and it *poured* virtually the entire day. Nonetheless, we had a fabulous time. How could you not? (We did have pre-booked tickets for the Vatican Museums, so we were indoors for part of the afternoon...:))

It was not my first nor my last trip to Rome, but I still think back on that day with a smile, and I've always loved this photo:

Colosseum_zps94a24013.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Sorry that it rained on your Rome parade...

I've been in Rome when it has rained all day long. Rain jacket and umbrella and a sunny disposition travel with me. This is when it is good to not be on a pre-planned schedule - make changes as needed. I'll just add more museums and churches and add a leisurely lunch (instead of a quick pick-up panino) and I'm a happy camper.

I totally agree! And attitude can make or break the day. Living in the states in the Pac. NW we learned quickly that when it rains no plans change and later we can look for rainbows! ~~Judy

It was not just an "it's raining" comment (I am from the UK!), the video I tried to post would have shown it better. It was torrential! Cars were rolling down the roads being carried along by the water. Not what you would expect from a hot summers day in Rome! We were laughing as we were just so wet! We were there for a few days but really felt for the people off of a cruise who were just there for a few hours wearing just t shirts and shorts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app