Outside temperature on Freedom in November

We are doing a Western Caribbean sailing on Freedom on 11/9. I am wondering what the temperature is on the deck of the ship while we are sailing. We did a cruise a couple of years ago in February to Mexico and I was surprised how cool it was on the deck. I was not prepared for that. Can somebody please let me know if we should plan on cold weather from the winds at that time of year.

Also, do they have a cover to go over and enclose the ship if there is rain and bad weather?

Is there somewhere I can check the anticipated weather for the dates of our cruise?

Thanks!

We are doing a Western Caribbean sailing on Freedom on 11/9. I am wondering what the temperature is on the deck of the ship while we are sailing. We did a cruise a couple of years ago in February to Mexico and I was surprised how cool it was on the deck. I was not prepared for that. Can somebody please let me know if we should plan on cold weather from the winds at that time of year.

Also, do they have a cover to go over and enclose the ship if there is rain and bad weather?

Is there somewhere I can check the anticipated weather for the dates of our cruise?

Thanks!

You can always go to http://www.weather.com and put in your ports and dates and see how far out you can get the weather. I usually don't bother looking until about 10 days in advance, as things can definitely change.

There is no covered pool on Freedom, as Bob already stated. If it rains, people just move indoors and they schedule some additional activities, but it will be more crowded in the common areas, like the promenade, bars and lounges.

Thanks!

Was that a Mexican Riviera cruise? Because when we did that, we found it to be the coldest (not necessarily cold, but chillier than usual), compared to our Eastern/Western/Southern Caribbean cruises.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We cruise every year in november.Never has it been cool or cold on any of our western or eastern cruises.Now in feb it can be cool as you noted.It will be perfectly fine if not very warm on your western cruise.

Agree with the previous post. The first nite will be cool

If you are out on a balcony but beginning on day 2, it will

Be warm on deck day and nite.

We always bring a lightweight jacket on all of our cruises, regardless of which month we sail. With a ship doing 20+ knots and winds that usually run 10-20 knots, it really doesn't matter much what the static air temperature is. It will always feel cool if you're up on an open deck after the sun goes down - especially if you've spent the day basking in the sun.:)

Thanks!

Have sailed many times in October and November in the Caribbean. Have always had wonderful weather. There is no "cover" for the outdoor areas, but if it is raining you can spend time indoors or covered areas of the deck that are partially outside.

A good place to check the weather forecast: http://www.cruiseoutlook.com.

It can be windy on deck, especially if the ship is traveling as opposed to being in port. If you are prone to feeling cold would suggest a light jacket or wrap.

We can often have snow in November, so cooler weather in the Caribbean (think 60's) isn't really cold to me - depends where you live and what you consider cold!

"Cool" temps on deck is relative. People from southern climes may find temps on a deck to be cool when I find them pleasant (I live in Wisconsin, so I am accustomed to cooler weather). I might find beach days on some islands to be a bit too hot for my comfort, while those accustomed to warm weather think it is perfect.

I have been in Florida when, even by my standards, it was cool/cold with chilling winds; those days the citrus farmers may be taking steps to protect their crops.

I pack a light jacket and/or sweater in case of cooler outdoor temps or aggressive indoor air conditioning.