Check out this Lady's Blog

Wow, very creative - I'm bookmarking her! My problem with sewing is that I'm incapable of following directions/patterns, but I'm usually OK if I'm doing something freestyle on my own, so maybe I could do something like this!

what a great website :-) Loved how she turned Gauchos into a dress ... what a creative mind :):)

Check out her Facebook page (from her blog) and she has more great revamps of clothing there :-)

Edited by cat_in_cda

thanks for sharing her site..btw how was your cruise on the Caribbean Princess??:)

I don't know the first thing about sewing' date=' but I thought she had some really good ideas. She has a keen eye on transforming these items into something new.[/quote']

thanks for sharing her site..btw how was your cruise on the Caribbean Princess??:)

We had a really good time...enjoyed it very much. Our cabin had a wonderful extended balcony. Loved the entertainment, the food not so much....but all in all it was great! :)

Funny, though -- I think if she were going for a "funeral" look, as she said (July 13's posting), she would have been just as well off tying those waist ties tightly behind her and leaving the rest of the dress alone -- it would have been appropriate for a Puritan funeral, at least! :) Instead, she created a chic LBD that I personally would not be caught dead wearing to a funeral -- pardon the pun!

Edited by SeagoingMom

She did well, but then quite often she buys clothes way too big for her, which give scope for alterations. Us bigger girls don´t always have that advantage.

There is a programme on UK television channel 4 called This Old Thing here is a link, some of you may know how to watch UK programmes thro´the internet

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/this-old-thing-the-vintage-clothes-show/videos/all/s1-ep1-this-old-thing

Dawn also has her own Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/thisoldthingTV

Sandy in Spain

Me too! I remember way back when, I took a sewing class in high school and trying to put in a zipper sort of put me over the edge:D

Glad you had a good cruise SherriLynn!

Michelle

Great site. I wish I had the vision and sewing skills to repurpose clothing.

I took a jr high sewing class...we were supposed to buy a pattern and make a vest...I couldn't understand the directions for the arm holes and haven't tried to make anything with armholes since...so traumatic.:eek:

I took a jr high sewing class...we were supposed to buy a pattern and make a vest...I couldn't understand the directions for the arm holes and haven't tried to make anything with armholes since...so traumatic.:eek:

I love to sew, but I am still in the learning process. For the pass few years I have been able to wear what I sew. For me the best thing I did for my self was to start with easy patterns. I just started to do arm holes. I just finished my third loose fit top. It had no darts either. I find that I learn to sew in little steps. It I did not do it this way my fabric would end up in a garbage pail!

Jillian, the young lady who does this blog, will be on Good Morning America this Friday morning. I am on her email list and she just announced this exciting news.

Bet we will be amazed with what she does!

Jillian, the young lady who does this blog, will be on Good Morning America this Friday morning. I am on her email list and she just announced this exciting news.

Bet we will be amazed with what she does!

I've got a nail appointment at that time, but I'll set it up to tape. Thanks for sharing. Should be interesting to see her creations, even though I can't sew on a button! I like to see what others can do. :)

I love hearing that others have had sewing "issues" - it's not just me! :D

My husband has the best answer for my sewing issues. He says "throw it in the garbage and start again" Me, I will keep at it until I get it right.

Edited by geocruiser

So glad this was posted. Jillian is a very talented lady. I set up my DVR since I'm usually mall walking about this time. I do simple sewing projects like hems and buttons, but sewing machines give me anxiety...LOL

I remember in Jr High, having sewing projects in Home Ec, and my Aunt, being the perfect seamstress, losing patience with me, and just finishing my projects. I learned real quick how that game worked.