Suggestions for itineraries with calm waters

ncrainbow

I have only done a few cruises. On my last cruise, the water got very rough and made the last few days on the cruise pretty miserable. i was hoping to pick a cruise for this Fall that was more likely to have calm waters. I know that with Mother Nature there are no guarantees but I was hoping for some suggestions. I am open to any destination, preferred cruise length would be 7-10 days. Thanks all.

There is no guarantee of calm water anywhere, I'm sorry to say! Even lakes can be brutal....(think the Great Lakes, and all the sunken ships in there!!)

There is also no "likelihood" of calm waters.....

You need to bring preventative medications, if rough water bothers you...or simply don't cruise if you get ill enough to be miserable!

I have only done a few cruises. On my last cruise, the water got very rough and made the last few days on the cruise pretty miserable. i was hoping to pick a cruise for this Fall that was more likely to have calm waters. I know that with Mother Nature there are no guarantees but I was hoping for some suggestions. I am open to any destination, preferred cruise length would be 7-10 days. Thanks all.

quite honestly there is no such thing.

my husband the Sailor says anything under 30 degree rolls is 'calm'

Ginger and green apples are a great non drowsy non druggy remedy.

Agreed! The sea has a mind of her own. However one area that I would avoid if I were you is Drake's Passage. It's been said they are the roughest seas on the planet.

I'd heard that too so was most disappointed when I encountered the "Drake lake" on my crossing. I've had rougher rides in Sydney Harbour!

To the OP as has been mentioned there are no guarantees with Mother Nature so preventative medicine is your best bet. Just make sure you trial it first (or consult your doctor) as some can have side effects that are detrimental to enjoying your holiday.

Gulf of Mexico cruises: Tampa, New Orleans or Galveston to Western Caribbean are less likely than Atlantic, Pacific or even Mediterranean itineraries; but if you really cannot accept any risk of wave action stick to river cruises (or take the bus if even river ripples are upsetting).