What is the earliest flight anyone has booked in MIA after a Carnival Cruise?

readyinNC

We've cruised hundreds of times, LOVE IT!! Cruise in July and found a cheap flight out of MIA but it is at 8:50AM - is that enough time?? Anybody fly out early after you cruised? Thanks for your advice and comments!

No Way!!!! If you have cruised "hundreds of times", you therefore know there are hundreds of things that can go wrong. You would also have to disembark about 6:00am. What time is your ship "scheduled" to pull in?

Edited by champagne123
bbbbbmmmm

I have been off the ship and at the airport around 8:00, but an 8:50 flight would really be pushing it... I have easily made 10:00 flights from MIA, although most don't even "recommend" that.

What time is your ship supposed to dock that morning? Do you have FTTF or status to allow you to be among the first off the ship? Do you have your trusted traveler? Will your luggage be 100% carryon? Can you check in and print your tickets on the ship?

If you have cruised ":hundreds of times" you already know the answer to your question. Can you make an 9:50 flight? Perhaps 50-50 chance. And you must make an assumption that your ship will dock on time and be quickly cleared by US Authorities. We have been a at least 3 cruises into Miami that had huge delays due to issues with the US Immigration folks. One of those cruises was actually the Carnival Sensation...where DW reminds me that nobody was allowed off the ship until around 9:15. The reason? Immigration was looking for a crew member (who apparently was trying not to be found).

Hank

To me pushing a very early flight is not the way to end a cruise. It is similar to flying in the same day of a cruise.

By they way you could be one of the "lucky" people who customs decides to pull to the side to go through all your luggage. It does happen.

This is one of many examples where things can go wrong.

Keith

If you have cruised ":hundreds of times" you already know the answer to your question. Can you make an 9:50 flight? Perhaps 50-50 chance. And you must make an assumption that your ship will dock on time and be quickly cleared by US Authorities. We have been a at least 3 cruises into Miami that had huge delays due to issues with the US Immigration folks. One of those cruises was actually the Carnival Sensation...where DW reminds me that nobody was allowed off the ship until around 9:15. The reason? Immigration was looking for a crew member (who apparently was trying not to be found).

Hank

It is an 8:50 flight. Not 9:50. World of difference....especially when the ship doesn't even pull in until 7. 😱

It is an 8:50 flight. Not 9:50. World of difference....especially when the ship doesn't even pull in until 7. 😱

You are preaching to the choir and perhaps you missed the sarcasm in my post :). Personally, we would not consider a MIA flight before 10:30....and even that would be pushing our personal envelope. Our normal technique is to book a flight after 1 pm...and then try to be among the last passengers off the ship. We pay (and love) to cruise and have no desire to rush off a ship that last morning. For us, we like to relax for a few hours (in a comfy lounger on the pool deck) before quietly strolling off the ship, picking up our luggage, not encountering any lines, etc. This usually happens sometime between 9:30 and 10....by which time we have relaxed, had a gallon of coffee, read a few chapters in our book, etc. No running, no worrying, no pushing and shoving, no lines!

Hank