Anthem BOGO Specialty dining

Hi, I am looking at the Anthem BOGO Specialty dining package. Looks like you are able to dine at two restaurants being the first and second night of the cruise. I see you can choose a time but I do not see the restaurants listed. I assume they choose for you? If so, can anyone tell me which restaurants they typically choose for you?

Hi, I am looking at the Anthem BOGO Specialty dining package. Looks like you are able to dine at two restaurants being the first and second night of the cruise. I see you can choose a time but I do not see the restaurants listed. I assume they choose for you? If so, can anyone tell me which restaurants they typically choose for you?

They choose the first restaurant for you. You choose the second when you get onboard. Space permitting, also once onboard, you can also change the first if you like. You can find out your first restaurant and request changes at an specialty restaurant.

They choose the first restaurant for you. You choose the second when you get onboard. Space permitting, also once onboard, you can also change the first if you like. You can find out your first restaurant and request changes at an specialty restaurant.

Actually they assigned both restaurants for me, for 9pm on both days :(

I was able to change them both but times were very limited and I made the changes at about 11am.

Actually they assigned both restaurants for me, for 9pm on both days :(

I was able to change them both but times were very limited and I made the changes at about 11am.

Thanks for the update.

Which restaurants did they initially assign?

We are sailing next year on the anthem and I don't show anything under dining on our reservation as yet. where did you see the BOGO? Was it under dining on your reservation or someplace else?

We purchased BOGO dining on our June 8-17 Anthem cruise. they choose Jamie's for night one and Chops for night two. Both were booked at our desired time. We didn't make any changes but as others have reported you can visit Wonderland as you enter and find out your selections and make changes if needed.

We are sailing next year on the anthem and I don't show anything under dining on our reservation as yet. where did you see the BOGO? Was it under dining on your reservation or someplace else?

It's too early for you.

When it appears, it will be in your Cruise Planner under My Cruises, at the Dining tab.

I would say Jaime's and Chops, because Wonderland has limited seating.

I've never seen Wonderland full. I used this package last year. We went to Jamie's the first night and Wonderland the second. I think they had given us Chops the first night, but we were able to get the times/days we wanted. It's an amazing deal ($30 for 2 meals when I got it).

Thanks for the update.

Which restaurants did they initially assign?

They assigned Jaime's 1st night and Chops 2nd.

I wanted to keep Chops second but could only get the times I wanted if I took Wonderland 2nd night. I went to change the times first thing. They asked how I booked and I said, 'BOGO'. When he called Chops for times, he said 'she's a bogo' a few times. So I think that you have less options if you book bogo.

We liked Chops very much; excellent food and service. We did not care for Wonderland. BOGO is a very good deal, regardless.

They have really been pushing Jaime's this sailing, and all specialty dining. It is getting annoying because if you say 'not interested' they will continue to sell.

As for children, do you just add them on when you check in at the restaurant? If I purchase this option, it is just my daughter (age 10) and I and I don't want her to be left out, but I guess they would need to know it's a table for two.

There's no such thing as a table for one, so I doubt you have anything to worry about if you buy it for one. The other option is to buy it for her, then she can order off the regular menu, if you think she will. I believe the discounted price for kids at specialty dining is a kids menu. The BOGO is certainly cheap enough.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I would love to do the BOGO or the 3-Night Dining Package, but I'm not too excited to hear that they choose for you. I happen to be a little picky. I know which 3 restaurants I would want, but chances are I wont be getting them. Plus my mom's birthday is the first night of the cruise and she really wants Italian that night. I see a lot of people get Jamie's for night one, but I feel like I'd have the not so great luck of getting assigned something else or at 9pm and we'll have a 4 year old and 1 year old with us!

It may just be worth it to me to book them all separate and pay more :(

I see a lot of people get Jamie's for night one, but I feel like I'd have the not so great luck of getting assigned something else or at 9pm and we'll have a 4 year old and 1 year old with us!

You can request another venue/time if available.

You can request another venue/time if available.

Right. When we boarded, the first thing I did was go to the area across from Jamie's where there was someone trying to sell specialty dining. We were able to make the reservations that we wanted. It's a great deal and it would be a major mistake not to book it out of fear of not being able to get what you want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I guess I should do my best to not worry about this. I'd prefer to save the money really, I just don't want to be stuck with late dining. I could tell my mom to "get over it!" if we dont get Jamie's Italian on night one. haha

I think you are ok with Jamie's; they seemed to be pushing Jaime's the most.

I could not get Wonderland for night one, and I went to the podium at 11am. I only had the choice of one time for night 2 (other than 9pm).

Wonderland is small and it takes the servers time to explain everything. They don't just drop it and run. Maybe that is why it is never full, yet there are no openings.

Is there a limit to the amount of food you can order in these specialty restaurants? I just bought this package and it's my first time on RC. If there are a couple of appetizers we'd like to try/ entrees we want to share, would my husband and I be able to do so?

Is there a limit to the amount of food you can order in these specialty restaurants? I just bought this package and it's my first time on RC. If there are a couple of appetizers we'd like to try/ entrees we want to share, would my husband and I be able to do so?

Typical policy for a specialty restaurant is as many apps/starters/desserts as you like, but one entree. Additional entrees would cost extra.

Guest maddycat

At Jamie's my husband was able to order half portions of 2 different pasta entrees. The portions are large. We also shared 3 different appetizers. The wait staff is very accommodating.