Unlimited Photo Package

I see that an unlimited photo package for our upcoming cruise is $179. How much do photos cost if you buy them separately? Sounds like you would have to take A LOT of photos to get your money's worth - or are photographers around every corner now? We are sailing on Jewel of the Seas in two weeks.

The good thing with the unlimited photo package that you buy ahead of time is that you get the digitial copy rights, so you can make multiple prints once you get home at different sizes.

We are considering this package as well when we sail on Freedom in May!

I see that an unlimited photo package for our upcoming cruise is $179. How much do photos cost if you buy them separately? Sounds like you would have to take A LOT of photos to get your money's worth - or are photographers around every corner now? We are sailing on Jewel of the Seas in two weeks.

The package is probably the best deal of the cruise. Typically pictures cost $20-25 per picture. When you board they take a nice photo- at each port- in addition typically nightly many different photo shot areas with background changes almost daily. At each they take about 5 different poses. They also take restaurant photos and candid shots.

On our last cruise, we ordered directly from mycruisephoto.com they are the vendor for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We got all of the photos on disk. We have a few hundred photos! Best if you can get on disk and upload when you get home and perhaps make a nice photo book from Shutterfly or your preferred vendor.

By purchasing the package, you do not have to select you get them all!!

Enjoy your cruise.

Do you prepay for this package, meaning "pay now & not put on your Sign&Sail" card? Thanks for any help.

With the photo packages you have no ID on your card- you do not need it. Simply introduce yourself to the Photo dept the second day of the cruise. Most photos will be available on line in the photo dept on an electronic Kiosk. For each cabin, you get a folio with hard copies of all of your pictures. They use photo recognition at most photography sites. You also might see some photo's on a board that do not use photo recognition software. You pick them up, and hand them to the photo rep. The reps add them to your online folio and the hard copy to your folio box.

It may sound complex but it is so easy! We check to box daily and make sure that it is the same as the photo's on line. We have had a couple of mistakes that is why it is good to check daily. The last evening of the cruise- you go to the photo dept and pick up your disk and or hard copy photos, depending upon the package you have selected.

While we also purchase from Celebrity, they do not have folio boxes, so you see the pics on the "walls" hand them to the photography rep then they manually put them in a big envelop for you. They also have the on-line Kiosks in the photography area so you can cross-check and be sure you aren't missing any copies.

Both systems work very well.

On our last cruise, we ordered directly from mycruisephoto.com they are the vendor for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We got all of the photos on disk. We have a few hundred photos! By purchasing the package, you do not have to select you get them all!!

Just wondering what the process is for obtaining the CD while on board. I know RCI uses facial recognition, is there a way to verify all your pics on your CD, get pics added that might have been missed, does the CD need to be picked up the last night of your cruise? I plan to do this package when sailing Oasis in May so I just want to make sure - I am a self proclaimed picture w****, so I don't want to miss anything!

Thanks so much!!

Please tell me more about mycruisephoto.com. I went to the site and can't seem to find a link to my cruise last week. I didn't even go look at the photo's that were taken during the cruise and now I wish I had. I was on Jewel of the Seas March 2nd sailing.

Please tell me more about mycruisephoto.com. I went to the site and can't seem to find a link to my cruise last week. I didn't even go look at the photo's that were taken during the cruise and now I wish I had. I was on Jewel of the Seas March 2nd sailing.

I don't think it can be done after the fact. I believe you must purchase the package ahead of time. Also, the Jewel doesn't have the more advanced features - you just pick up your photos on the last day (this is what I've been told this morning. I am not certain.)

Not sure why you are having a problem. Just tried the website and it is fine. mycruisephotos.com Please try again. They put the packages up about 6 weeks before the cruise. If your cruise is later- try closer to your sail date.

I always print out my receipt from mycruisephotos.com and bring it with me when I sail if any questions arise. This avoids any problems. In addition the website has contact information, so you can e-mail them any questions you might have.

Also per the previous poster- not available after the fact.

We have been using them for a few years, and never had anything but positive experiences. The rates were always cheaper then purchasing on board. But you can also order once on board directly from the photo depts of either Celebrity or RC.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Now THAT'S my idea of a good package!

Does this also include the ship photos, too, or only photos they take of you?

Not sure what you mean by the ships photos? If you mean the stock pictures of the ship they aren't included. However pictures of you and your cabin mates taken by the professional photographes in, around and outside the ship are all included. On a few cruises we brought minor grandchildren with us who were in an adjoining cabin and they were also included in our package.

On those occasions we had hundreds of pics with varied poses!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks, I did a different search and found the correct link. You are correct, no pictures are available after the cruise, package must be purchased in advance. I believe you are also correct that this feature isn't available on Jewel. I will look back through all the compass's and other papers received during the cruise, but don't recall ever seeing anything about a photo package.

Thanks, I did a different search and found the correct link. You are correct, no pictures are available after the cruise, package must be purchased in advance. I believe you are also correct that this feature isn't available on Jewel. I will look back through all the compass's and other papers received during the cruise, but don't recall ever seeing anything about a photo package.

The package is offered on the Jewel and all of the RC ships. Not sure why it wasn't advertised.

Is yours a short cruise? The unlimited photo packages available for my 7-nighter are $240 for digital CD or $340 for CD + prints.

I do not understand the logic. We sailed on a 2 week cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse in January, and paid the same as we are paying for a one week cruise in a few weeks on another Celebrity Ship. I really think the shorter the cruise the more expensive the price as maybe the photo depts actually have more children on the shorter cruise and typically take more photos. So they typically charge more! Supply and demand.

The packages and prices vary from cruise to cruise- but still a wonderful deal.

After reading more about the package I found that although ALL of the Royal Caribbean ships offer an unlimited photo package, only select ships have the DVD option. On Jewel, the ship we are sailing, we will get the hard copies of the photos the last night. I'm not sure if this is the distinction between prices from one ship to the next.

I don't know if they advertise the package on board. I saw it in my "pre-cruise planner" online. I'm glad I did. It appears to be a good value. This way I don't have to pick and choose. With a 13 year old son, getting to a good photographer for family photos isn't the easiest thing in the world. Will be nice to have the photo memories!

After reading more about the package I found that although ALL of the Royal Caribbean ships offer an unlimited photo package, only select ships have the DVD option. On Jewel, the ship we are sailing, we will get the hard copies of the photos the last night. I'm not sure if this is the distinction between prices from one ship to the next.

I don't know if they advertise the package on board. I saw it in my "pre-cruise planner" online. I'm glad I did. It appears to be a good value. This way I don't have to pick and choose. With a 13 year old son, getting to a good photographer for family photos isn't the easiest thing in the world. Will be nice to have the photo memories!

I started looking a bit, after seeing the topic, and it does vary a bit in price from ship to ship, even for the same package. It's a fair amount of money, but if you buy the package, you can take full advantage of all the many photo opportunities during your trip, knowing that it's all paid for.

I am considering purchasing this package. How exactly do they know which photos are of you again? Someone mentioned facial recognition, but where do they find the reference photo of you in the first place? Is the facial recognition software pretty accurate?

The price is based on the boat you are on. Some are just more expensive than others. Allure and Oasis will cost you 299 for all digital photos.

Thanks for the info. and the pricing for the Allure and Oasis.

We'll be on the Allure this coming October / early November.

Even at 299. dollars - for us still works out to be good deal for the number of the photo's

we pick to bring home.

Not sure what you mean by the ships photos? If you mean the stock pictures of the ship they aren't included. However pictures of you and your cabin mates taken by the professional photographes in, around and outside the ship are all included. On a few cruises we brought minor grandchildren with us who were in an adjoining cabin and they were also included in our package.

On those occasions we had hundreds of pics with varied poses!

Yes, I meant the stock photos. I use those in my scrapbooks along with the professional shots.

Great suggestion! I would definitely do more of the photo opportunities if I bought a package.