fort lauderdale beachfront

sunsetme

Marriott Harbor Beach or Lago Mar. Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach has one building on the sand and the other across the road, connected by a walkway. Pretty much everything else is across the road for several miles going north. A few have walkways across to the beach, such as Bahia Mar and the Ritz.

Marriott Harbor Beach or Lago Mar. Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach has one building on the sand and the other across the road, connected by a walkway. Pretty much everything else is across the road for several miles going north. A few have walkways across to the beach, such as Bahia Mar and the Ritz.

DanJ - when you mention the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach are you referring to the (currently named) B Ocean? It used to be a Sheraton until about 13 months ago.

DanJ - when you mention the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach are you referring to the (currently named) B Ocean? It used to be a Sheraton until about 13 months ago.

Yes it's quite probable. I still call them the Yankee Clipper and Yankee Trader lol. I was thinking they had changed again but forgot what to.

Currently reserved an Oct 2night pre-cruise at Bahai Mar. I chose this hotel because it looks like we can rent bikes to check out the beach and there seems to be a lot of restaurants close by. We also want to take the water taxi that goes by all the million dollar homes. Should I keep this hotel or switch. This is our 25yr anniversary so I want to make it special for my DH.

Currently reserved an Oct 2night pre-cruise at Bahai Mar. I chose this hotel because it looks like we can rent bikes to check out the beach and there seems to be a lot of restaurants close by. We also want to take the water taxi that goes by all the million dollar homes. Should I keep this hotel or switch. This is our 25yr anniversary so I want to make it special for my DH.

We are staying there tomorrow night for 2 nights, and I will be reporting back on my stay. I liked the location and affordability. Might not be luxurious but for 2 nights, I'd rather see the ocean out my window than the parking lots of the other hotels we usually stay at for one night. They did announce a major construction project last year so I'll be asking if they have any idea right now when that might start as that might be the main reason someone would want to change from there.

If you have a vehicle, I would go with Lago Mar in a heartbeat. Always great reviews and a more private beach, plus an easy walk down to the port inlet if you want to watch the ships leave. I looked at it myself, but it's not cheap and we are also having my wife's parents come stay in Ft Lauderdale for the 2 nights as well (they spend winters up in Zephyr Hills). I was able to get them a room with my miles at Bahia Mar as well.

Ha! Those are multi million dollar homes. Tear downs on the isles start at about 1.2 million.

Thanks looking forward to your review. I was able to also reserve Largo Mar but not sure about restaurants and water taxi from that location. It does get very good reviews and the pool looks outstanding. I've got months to make up my mind.:p

Unbelievably GORGEOUS hotel.

Thanks looking forward to your review. I was able to also reserve Largo Mar but not sure about restaurants and water taxi from that location. It does get very good reviews and the pool looks outstanding. I've got months to make up my mind.:p

Lago Mar isn't an easy walk to anything but they have free parking and Uber is available in Ft Lauderdale if you don't like taxis.

Does anyone know how far the fisheries or coconuts is from Lago Mar. According to tripadvisor it says 0.9 to 1.2 miles which is an easy walk for us. I called yesterday about the romance package (they quoted over $700:eek:) and the lady said it was more like two miles. Two miles shouldn't be too much cab fare and it would make a nice walk back to burn off a full stomach.

Does anyone know how far the fisheries or coconuts is from Lago Mar. According to tripadvisor it says 0.9 to 1.2 miles which is an easy walk for us. I called yesterday about the romance package (they quoted over $700:eek:) and the lady said it was more like two miles. Two miles shouldn't be too much cab fare and it would make a nice walk back to burn off a full stomach.

Go to googlemaps and get the walking directions. It says Coconuts is 1.7 miles most of which is along a major road (A1A/Seabreeze Avenue) and 15th Street Fisheries is 2.6 miles (because you have to walk down 17th Street to the end of a canal and then backtrack on the north side of the canal to the restaurant). If you decide to take a cab to/from 15th Street Fisheries make sure you time it so you don't sit at the 17th Street bridge when it opens (on the hour and half hour).

Edited by capriccio

Go to googlemaps and get the walking directions. It says Coconuts is 1.7 miles most of which is along a major road (A1A/Seabreeze Avenue) and 15th Street Fisheries is 2.6 miles (because you have to walk down 17th Street to the end of a canal and then backtrack on the north side of the canal to the restaurant). If you decide to take a cab to/from 15th Street Fisheries make sure you time it so you don't sit at the 17th Street bridge when it opens (on the hour and half hour).

Yes, I was thinking 15th Street was a lot further because you have have to walk all the way to Cordova before you can cut back down 15th Street.

For a short stay, I thought Lago Mar was great. We were there two nights, arriving in the afternoon on the first night, so really having only a day and a half to spend at the hotel. Staff was very friendly, great bartender and restaurant.

We actually didn't leave the hotel at all. We spent the day at beach, walking along the beach, playing life size chess. We just relaxed. The hotel is pretty small and kind of hard to get to places since not much is in the area. We took a taxi to the hotel and then the hotel offered a ride to the port that cost about $20.