Bringing own bottle of wine to dinner

Envelope21

We plan to bring 4 bottles of wine on board on our upcoming cruise in October. I know there is a corkage fee and we are prepared to pay that. My question is, how does it work when you want to bring your bottle of wine to dinner? Do you leave the bottle with the wait staff in the dining room, or do you have to bring it with you to your meal.

If you leave it with the wait staff in the dining room, how do you access it when you go to eat?

We haven't cruised on NCL for quite some time and are unfamiliar with the process.

And they will store it for you, and bring it to you, in any venue.

Thank you. I was thinking that would be the case. So when we go to dinner in the main dining room, we just tell the wait staff that we have a bottle in storage and they will retrieve it at that time? I'm assuming that is the case, but just wondering.

Thank you. I was thinking that would be the case. So when we go to dinner in the main dining room, we just tell the wait staff that we have a bottle in storage and they will retrieve it at that time? I'm assuming that is the case, but just wondering.

Yes. Usually when they take your bottle and store it, they give you a little card that has location on it. Then you give that to a server in any dining room or any bar server who retrieves the bottle. They can do it without the card but that takes longer to find the bottle since a lot of bottles are stored for passengers.

It seems to be much easier to just carry it with you and hand over at your table. Yes, they will go find it, but the ship is big. After the 2nd time of not finishing a bottle and having them "go find it", we just finish it, or take a final glass out of the dining room with us. Or take to our room.

Yes. Usually when they take your bottle and store it, they give you a little card that has location on it. Then you give that to a server in any dining room or any bar server who retrieves the bottle. They can do it without the card but that takes longer to find the bottle since a lot of bottles are stored for passengers.

Thanks so much for the info!

We plan to bring 4 bottles of wine on board on our upcoming cruise in October. I know there is a corkage fee and we are prepared to pay that. My question is, how does it work when you want to bring your bottle of wine to dinner? Do you leave the bottle with the wait staff in the dining room, or do you have to bring it with you to your meal.

If you leave it with the wait staff in the dining room, how do you access it when you go to eat?

We haven't cruised on NCL for quite some time and are unfamiliar with the process.

You will pay the corkage fee when you board and take the wine to your cabin. Then you take it to the dining room for corking. You will have the choice of drinking the entire bottle (my choice), leaving the rest in the dining room for safe keeping or take it back to your cabin.

You will pay the corkage fee when you board and take the wine to your cabin. Then you take it to the dining room for corking. You will have the choice of drinking the entire bottle (my choice), leaving the rest in the dining room for safe keeping or take it back to your cabin.

What their corkage fee ? And how many bottles can you bring aboard with you per adult?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What their corkage fee ? And how many bottles can you bring aboard with you per adult?

$15 per bottle of wine brought aboard regardless of whether you drink it in stateroom or elsewhere.

No limit to number of bottles brought aboard, paying corkage for each.

No free bottles per adult or per cabin.

Good morning ☀️ I have a questions for you ?

Can anyone tell me if the package on line for specialty dining for 3 times is like 80.00 dollars. Is it the same price to purchase on board also.

Or is this special pricing online? So get them ahead of time.

Am I going to use them?? Is the specialty restaurants that yummy??[emoji39]

Thanks in advance

Can I ask you a completely unrelated question but about ncl?

This thread is about wine. For other questions, check out the first page or so and see if there is a similar thread going, or start a new one.

You might want to read this hijacking thread to understand how these forums work. Your post was not offensive or a problem but was starting a new topic. No problem... just some information.

This thread is about wine. For other questions, check out the first page or so and see if there is a similar thread going, or start a new one.

You might want to read this hijacking thread to understand how these forums work. Your post was not offensive or a problem but was starting a new topic. No problem... just some information.

Thanks kindly any way [emoji56]it was just a question?

Have a great day ! [emoji106]

We have found that if you want the wine chilled you can drop it off ahead of time,

No problem

Or if you are in a Balcony or above and have a fridge, store it there and take it out just before heading out to eat.

;););)

It seems to be much easier to just carry it with you and hand over at your table. Yes, they will go find it, but the ship is big. After the 2nd time of not finishing a bottle and having them "go find it", we just finish it, or take a final glass out of the dining room with us. Or take to our room.

I agree with you. It takes them forever to go find your bottle, best to bring it with you and if you don't finish it, take it.

:):):)

Thanks kindly any way [emoji56]it was just a question?

Have a great day ! [emoji106]

Yes, just an innocent question. But... what happens is then there is another "just a question", and then another and nothing to do with the title. Just makes things flow better, and you get better answers. For example, if someone wanted to read about or provide assistance to someone, they might not open a thread that was titled "Tours in Belize" - just an example.

Hope you get your answers. There is a ton of info here.

Now - two slaps of a wet noodle to me for "hijacking" this thread.