Can you buy a "Faster to the Fun" like Carnival?

Kellyfkrc

What is a "Faster to the Fun?"

A limited number of passes called faster to the fun that is $50 per cabin that entitles those people to board after diamond, platinum and suites they are guaranteed that the room is ready, expedited luggage. In addition they have priority tendering priority debarkation and a special line at customer service.

We just experienced it for the first time on the carnival magic in November.

A limited number of passes called faster to the fun that is $50 per cabin that entitles those people to board after diamond, platinum and suites they are guaranteed that the room is ready, expedited luggage. In addition they have priority tendering priority debarkation and a special line at customer service.

We just experienced it for the first time on the carnival magic in November.

WOW - wish they did offer it - I would definitely get it

Sort of....there is a particular Travel Agent that has partnered with Norwegian to offer "myTime" benefits, including:

· Exclusive myTime branded electronic luggage tags (Please have these printed and attached to your luggage for arrival into Pier 88 in New York City to enjoy this benefit).

· Exclusive myTime expedited luggage delivery service.

· Exclusive myTime check in area located just after security at Pier 88 in New York City.

Utilizing "myTime" we were able to get from curb to cabin in about 15 minutes.

I am so glad they don't offer it. It is one of the reasons we do not cruise with Carnival as much. We spend a lot of money booking suites because of a handicap I have. We don't mind spending the extra money. If I want to cruise

then it's something we just have to do. My problem with it, is how can Carnival offer it to someone else for $ 50.00 ? The last time I cruised with Carnival the priority boarding was insane. People are pushing and shoving to be the first on the ship.

I understand that other will not agree. The suites are suppose to be special with the perks. I feel it cheapens that.

Sort of....there is a particular Travel Agent that has partnered with Norwegian to offer "myTime" benefits, including:

· Exclusive myTime branded electronic luggage tags (Please have these printed and attached to your luggage for arrival into Pier 88 in New York City to enjoy this benefit).

· Exclusive myTime expedited luggage delivery service.

· Exclusive myTime check in area located just after security at Pier 88 in New York City.

Utilizing "myTime" we were able to get from curb to cabin in about 15 minutes.

Thing is, I am trying to tender faster…

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL did try it on a few ships about six months ago. It was called VIP or something like that. I think the outcry from the Suite folks caused them to pull it.

I think you are correct with this assumption. Carnival's suite perks are really not anything to write home about. And NCL's are. I cruise in suites on NCL, so when I cruised on Carnival I went ahead and just booked an aft balcony and bought faster to the fun.

I can definitely see where on NCL that a faster to the fun type thing would be in conflict to those that book suites. NCL has a wonderful suite program, with a lot of loyalty from suite passengers, and they are not going to mess that up on something that brings in such little revenue, just my humble opinion.

OP, if it helps, NCL does not force you to handle your carry-on luggage around the ship until your cabin is ready. There is a designated area to check your carry-on items so you can enjoy your lunch and afternoon exploration hassle free. :)

While this is true on most ships, it is NOT true on the Getaway.

NCL did try it on a few ships about six months ago. It was called VIP or something like that. I think the outcry from the Suite folks caused them to pull it.

It was called VIP99 by most folks here, referring to the potential promo code we guessed, and it's advertised price of $99.

There was, in fact, an outcry from suite folks. Whether or not that outcry led to the ultimate demise of VIP99 is, of course, known only to a select NCL few.

I am so glad they don't offer it. It is one of the reasons we do not cruise with Carnival as much. We spend a lot of money booking suites because of a handicap I have. We don't mind spending the extra money. If I want to cruise

then it's something we just have to do. My problem with it, is how can Carnival offer it to someone else for $ 50.00 ? The last time I cruised with Carnival the priority boarding was insane. People are pushing and shoving to be the first on the ship.

I understand that other will not agree. The suites are suppose to be special with the perks. I feel it cheapens that.

Sorry for your bad experience. We were lucky and did not experience this leaving from Long Beach. We will have a suite coming up in June and FTTF (suite perk does not include priority tendering, the cabin being ready when we board, or being able to use the higher level loyalty line at the customer desk) which is why we pay the extra $50 above our suite price. My suite on Carnival does not have the perks as on NCL. I have to say that aside from the extra space which I soooo enjoyed on Carnival even though they have really roomy cabins there really is not anything special in booking a suite except early embarkation/debarkation.

I do wish NCL offered something like FTTF as some cruisers may not be in suites or earned the loyalty points. Carnival I believe limits the FTTF to 50 cabins but don't quote me as I am not sure. We will be in a suite on our upcoming NCL cruise and I agree with the other posters NCL's suite life is "sweet" and if possible I would always sail on NCL this way...alas it is not always possible.