Recent Navigator cruisers...

JMG

Were there long lines and waits getting off the ship and thru customs/immigration?

Is the Luggage Valet program available on Navigator for Miami or FLL airports?

Trying to figure out flight times...concerned that an 11am flight from FLL could be risky if it takes a long time getting off the ship.

Thanks!

We were on Navigator last month. No problems getting off the ship and too the airport.

That being said, I personally would not go for a 11:00 departure. Just because it was smooth for me does not mean there can't be a cluster fork when you get off the ship. I like to leave a little room, just in case.

Cheers

Were there long lines and waits getting off the ship and thru customs/immigration?

Trying to figure out flight times...concerned that an 11am flight from FLL could be risky if it takes a long time getting off the ship.

Thanks!

We were on the Navigator earlier this month. Disembarkation for walk offs was to start about 7:30. We did not start until almost 8:00. The walk off line went on and on and on.

They have sped up the immigration and customs by not having to fill out the customs forms so at the time we got off there were no real lines to speak of.

I would recommend if possible sign up for the Royal transfer to the airport or walk your luggage off the ship.

Thanks!

I heard the same concerns regarding my 10:30 flight. On the Feb 3 cruise, we self-assisted. Got clearance at 6:45am and at the airport by 7:30am. Waited some 3 hours at airport.

If the ship is on schedule and arriving on a weekend, you should be fine. A weekday arrival at that time (8-9AM) may add 30 min to the drive to FLL.

Took us over an hour to get off this past Friday. We could see the line on the other side moving right along and our line did not move. Have no idea what was going on. Our time to get off was 8-8:30. We went down at 8 and lined up. We found ourselves in the parking lot loading the car at 9:30!

We were on NAV for Christmas+New Years and I found the disembark process to be a nightmare. The archaic airport-style conveyor belt produced a horrendous bottleneck for retrieving luggage. The guy directing people through the customs line said that they had a Global Entry line but did not have it manned ! What a Charlie Foxtrot. I will not be going back on NAV in MIA until they get the new port built and have priority lines for suites.

We were on NAV for Christmas+New Years and I found the disembark process to be a nightmare. The archaic airport-style conveyor belt produced a horrendous bottleneck for retrieving luggage. The guy directing people through the customs line said that they had a Global Entry line but did not have it manned ! What a Charlie Foxtrot. I will not be going back on NAV in MIA until they get the new port built and have priority lines for suites.

Self assist was a snap. However embarkation with 6 ships was a true nightmare.

I was on January, getting off on the 13th.

It was a nightmare. I had tag #2, friend was in a wheelchair. Took 45 mins to get the luggage.

Customs line was fine, only because friend was in a wheelchair.

The wheelchair was needed because they had a wet floor in the wind jammer and didn't put a sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app