Upgrade Fairy!!

So excited, we got the call today. We sail on Saturday on the brilliance, had 2 adjoining e3 restricted view balconies. Us in one and the kids in the other. We have been upgraded to a deck 10 grand suite!!!

Gonna miss having 2 showers and being able to put the kids down for a nap easily, but so excited about the grand suite!!

Thank you fairy, never met you before in 20 years, such at treat!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! It seems you're not the only one that got visited today - I've noticed a few other comments as well! I sure wish they could find my reservation... :rolleyes: Oh well - it's still vacation and we'll have a blast no matter the room!! have a great trip!

So excited, we got the call today. We sail on Saturday on the brilliance, had 2 adjoining e3 restricted view balconies. Us in one and the kids in the other. We have been upgraded to a deck 10 grand suite!!!

Gonna miss having 2 showers and being able to put the kids down for a nap easily, but so excited about the grand suite!!

Well, you could have turned down the upgrade -- if the 2 showers and the ability to put the kids down for a nap easier would have been better for your family.

Enjoy the Grand Suite!

306918.gif

im4fo7.jpg

Ooh thank you for posting the picture, looks so big!!! Does the curtain by the bed go all the way around to screen one bed from the other? X

Did you pay for the upgrade? Did they call you to ask if you wanted it? I have 2 ocean balconies on oasis on the 16th, but would gladly love to get lucky and get a crown loft instead. Congrats!:)

Hi goldz4, we didn't pay a thing, they just rang our ta and asked if we would like to move, as they would like our adjoining cabins, to be honest never thought we would get an upgrade as we always get 2 adjoining cabins, so excited, hurry up Saturday!!

Congrats

What I would give just to get an upgrade like that

How many teeth did you have to put under your pillow to get it

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ooh thank you for posting the picture, looks so big!!! Does the curtain by the bed go all the way around to screen one bed from the other? X

YES! It's just like when you were kids and made a fort out of sheets and blankets! ;) :D

Congrats! It seems you're not the only one that got visited today - I've noticed a few other comments as well! I sure wish they could find my reservation... :rolleyes: Oh well - it's still vacation and we'll have a blast no matter the room!! have a great trip!

Ha ha. I'm on the Brilliance this Saturday too. I think they also couldn't find my reservation BBM.

Such is life. Cannot wait for Saturday !

Ps, enjoy the suite and congrats UK.

• 3 weeks later...

The upgrade fairy has arrived! During one of the sales over the 4th of July we upgraded ourselves to a JS (no cost) for our upcoming Brilliance cruise. Checked our reservation today and we have a new cabin, a GS! We have our preferences set to automatic upgrade so no email or phone call. Called C&A to confirm and printed out the new setsail pass. They said the new docs with our new luggage tags should take another 24 - 48 hours. We fly to England a week from today and sail on the 19th. Can't wait! Years ago we got an upgrade to a JS on the Vision, but nothing since then. The extra space is going to spoil us.

There were loads of grand suite upgrades on our cruise, 4 that I knew of. 3 where families had booked 2 connecting rooms, ocean view and balconies, the other was a guaranteed JS. I heard rccl had overbooked so this was a good way of reducing 6 cabins to 3. Also from what I remember the grand suite prices were huge in comparison to other categories.

We loved our grand suite, my daughter loved the gold card, and the extra perks we got.

Njkruzer - hope you enjoy your grand suite as much as we did although I hope you don't get our cabin steward, we all started calling him mr illusive and our cabin was not cleaned as thoroughly as I have had cabins cleaned before! Have a wonderful cruise to st Petersburg, I am rather jealous, are you doing the transatlantic too?