Barcelona Hotel Question

ksmaxey

I have read many new and old posts and we have reservations next week at Hotel Continental Palacete.

Here's the question. Will the hotel provide soap and shampoo as hotels in the US do? We like what will be on the ship and it seems like a waste of space and even jet fuel (even a small amount) to fly shampoo half way around the world unless absolutely necessary.

thanks

kevin

My goodness, this stuff about European hotels has taken on a life of its own. You are staying at a very nice hotel and you will certainly have all the soap you need. As to shampoo, if there is none in your room (we suspect you will have shampoo and more) you can always ask at the desk. And even if you are in a European city where a hotel does not provide shampoo (this has not happened to us in over 20 years) you can always go a nearby store and buy a small bottle or anything else you might need. The only issue in Western Europe, when it comes to personal products, is you might not find the same brands that you use at home.

Hank

My goodness, this stuff about European hotels has taken on a life of its own. You are staying at a very nice hotel and you will certainly have all the soap you need. As to shampoo, if there is none in your room (we suspect you will have shampoo and more) you can always ask at the desk. And even if you are in a European city where a hotel does not provide shampoo (this has not happened to us in over 20 years) you can always go a nearby store and buy a small bottle or anything else you might need. The only issue in Western Europe, when it comes to personal products, is you might not find the same brands that you use at home.

Hank

I have read many new and old posts and we have reservations next week at Hotel Continental Palacete.

Here's the question. Will the hotel provide soap and shampoo as hotels in the US do? We like what will be on the ship and it seems like a waste of space and even jet fuel (even a small amount) to fly shampoo half way around the world unless absolutely necessary.

thanks

kevin

I believe that most reputable European hotels provide both shampoo and soap. I don't think I have stayed at a European hotel within the past 15 -20 years wherein both were not available. As Hlitner suggests - if you run into a snafu, you can easily purchase what you need a a local shop.

I can not remember what they had in the room. If you don't like what they have, there is a little supermarket across La Rambla and down a few buildings from the hotel where you can pick up some temporary supplies. Or, walk a few blocks up to Placa Catalunya and you'll find a Sephora store and the big department store, El Corte Ingles.

thanks

kevin

yes, you will have shampoo and soap in your hotel. :D

Have a great time in Europe.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

• 5 weeks later...

I am at the Palacete now. There is liquid soap in the shower and at the sink. I believe it is the same soap for both. There is not bar soap (but I didn't ask the front destroy if they have it). There is no separate shampoo. I have been using shampoo brought from home. Hope that helps. The hotel is quaint and the staff is very nice. It has suited us just fine so far.

This hotel is certainly not typical of a Spanish hotel as the amenities are actually quite sparse. Just look at the 'traveler's photo' section from many other properties in Barcelona on trip advisor and you will see that very developed amenity kits with up to 20 items are not unusual at Spanish hotels.

The only thing I will point out is the lack of "Facecloths" in most hotels. We always pack a couple for our stays.

I had no idea about this the first time to Barcelona staying at Hotel 1898...When I asked .... they had no idea what I was talking about...ever since I always take a few (cheap ones) in my suitcase since you never know and many times just leave them at the hotel. ;)