HELP!! V1and V2 as opposed to VX

BuckGood

I would avoid the VX cabins at the front of the ship: rough ride and the balcony will be very windy on sea days. Those at the rear may also be rough (but not as bad) but the view will be great.

Most V1 cabins are under the pool deck and can be noisy early in the morning when they move the loungers to swab. Others are under the gym, and the best are under the acupuncture.

All V2 cabins on Deck 9 [oops! I meant Deck 7] are good -- this is my favorite category.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

And, why might the cabins under the acupuncture be the best.

Think you got taken over by auto-correct when I think you mean Aqualina.

Really good one Host!!!!

No, I was correct on that one. My deck plan shows a room labeled "Acupuncture" on Deck 9 [the real Deck 9] over cabins 8000 and 8002. Also a room labeled "eConnections" over cabins 8002 and 8004. I would think those activities wouldn't produce much noise. Aqualina is on Deck 10, with no cabins directly under it.

Hi all...We are looking at the April 2 TA cruise on the Journey. Any comments or concerns about doing the VX as opposed to V1 and V2?

Thanks!!

I guess the answer is "it depends". Part of it has to do with pricing. I've looked at VX cabins before and they have carried quite a premium over the ordinary V cabins and I've plumped for a suite because I have felt with the benefits (and the extra space which is noticeable) they've offered better value.

If you go for a VX I'd avoid the front facing cabins, especially on a TA. Too much wind on the balcony. I've experienced one and the balcony is very exposed. Also bear in mind that there is more movement at her fore and aft (particularly fore because of the ship movement if it's rough) so if you struggle with seasickness then you may want to stay more midship. It makes a big difference.

If you now decide on a V1 or V2 I'd go for a V2 because in spite of being a lower category they are between cabins and have no public decks above. Don't discount the V3s either. Look to see what is below you re the public spaces. I'd avoid an adjoining cabin because of possible noise issues from the door to the cabin next door.

Some random thoughts.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Never book a cabin under the pool deck. Best deck is one that is between 2 other decks of cabins. On Azamara that is deck 7. I have been on deck 7 several times. Midship or forward are okay. Avoid cabins across from the laundry room. I would avoid any cabin VX aft. AFt cabins vibrate. We had friends in deck 7 aft owners suite. The suite was beautiful. The noise was awful.

Thanks All.. We were looking at Aft VX deck 6 as it has a larger Varanda...Is the Vibration That bad?

I've stayed in an aft facing cabin on deck 6 a couple of times and my experience has been the amount of vibration does depend on the speed of the ship. When going faster it vibrates more and yes, it is noticeable. It didn't bother me (apart from asking maintenance to fix an air conditioning vent as it was rattling and just needed a screw tightening). A transatlantic and the ship is most probably doing moderate speed so perhaps not so bad. Something to be aware of though.

There is a cabin sticky at the top of this board that has a spreadsheet and reports from various cabins which might help.

Phil

Love the forward cabins (but not the ones facing front) and all that ocean movement - when there is some. We did a TA and it was boringly calm all the way. Just fog for 3 1/2 days and the ship horn blowing every 3 or 4 minutes - I was glad we were on Deck 6.

I normally love an aft-facing cabin but would not book one on Quest or Journey except on Deck 8 and even then I would hesitate. When we were going at full speed, I noticed what I considered to be a lot of vibration on Deck 6 as soon as I walked through the fire door aft of our cabin (6052). In our cabin, we felt almost nothing. The dining room was off limits for me unless we could sit near the entrance because the combination of the vibration and speed (from MIA to Aruba) was not pretty.:eek:

Still two years away, but we've booked #8093 (Deck 8, Aft facing VX) for the February 19, 2017 Australia and New Zealand Voyage. Current cabin upgrade offer made this very attractive!
We were in 8093 for this past June's fjords and Baltic cruises. Even in the North Sea the VX was very comfortable. Enjoy your cruise. Being on the stern is wonderful.