Hand sanatiser and wight gain

Just heard an article on the radio that some bird is sprouting that hand sanitizer causes weight gain.

So it wasn't the Oav, the ice cream orr even the chippies.

It was all that hand stuff they pour in every time you enter the MDR.

Simple solution no sanitiser when going to dine, the ship will come down with Novovirus and pass food from both end and everyone will arrive home carrying less weight than they started. Good plan

I can see an obvious and direct relationship with applying hand sanitiser and weight gain. If you compare a wife who applies the sanitiser three times a day to a husband who applies sanitiser five times a day the bloke is having two more meals daily than his wife.

Regards John

As a retired nurse I find the science in that article woefully inept. The linked correlation is so small. Based on the methods used here you could certainly find articles that would also support the idea that hand sanitisers cause weight gain.:rolleyes:

I support the idea that sometimes people go overboard in over sanitising the natural environment but I cannot support the ideology in this article.

Thanks for bringing it up though as it did give me a good laugh.:)

Edited by frantic36

As a retired nurse I find the science in that article woefully inept. The linked correlation is so small. Based on the methods used here you could certainly find articles that would also support the idea that hand sanitisers cause weight gain.:rolleyes:

I support the idea that sometimes people go overboard in over sanitising the natural environment but I cannot support the ideology in this article.

Thanks for bringing it up though as it did give me a good laugh.:)

I'm not supporting the contentions I'm laughing at them.

Well maybe other than the weight gain.

It is not the Pav, the chips or the ice cream, so it must be the sanitiser, unless as suggested earlier it is just the sea air shrinking all my clothes.

Nothing worse than getting sick on holidays...I put on extra k's from Dec., Jan. and March cruises...nearly back down to cruising weight now...just in time for Nov cruise.

This won't stop me using as much as their sanitizer as possible...good free alcohol hit off the hands as well..

So that's the problem, it's the alcohol in the sanitizer getting into

the system, wow I've heard everything now.:D:D

Nope, it's not the alcohol. I've been using a non-alcohol foam sanitiser and I'm still putting on weight.:D

Oh darn that's blown that theory for weight gain, back to the drawing

board, I know it's not what I put in my mouth.:D

Can't be hat you put in you mouth, I know as a fact it's not Pav, chippies or even eggs Benny or the chocolates on my pillow, like you just can't work it out.

It has to be the ozone in the sea air!

Since our body uses oxygen (O2) the extra atom in ozone (O3) has to go somewhere so it must attach itself to our body causing weight gain. Naturally the longer the cruise the more ozone we encounter so we gain more weight.

:D

It has to be the ozone in the sea air!

Since our body uses oxygen (O2) the extra atom in ozone (O3) has to go somewhere so it must attach itself to our body causing weight gain. Naturally the longer the cruise the more ozone we encounter so we gain more weight.

:D

Einstein has solved it.

Thank you.