Table for two

Jaylie

Nice to see the introverts having their turn at last. Eating at a table with strangers is something I would expect to find in Dante's vision of hell.

Extroverts talk about it as if it is something you "should" do and one of the best parts of cruising. They just don't get it. For me it's one of the things that had me avoiding cruises for a very long time.

Totally agree - and I'm not an introvert by any means. We've met some great people on cruises, even some who were sitting on a table next to us, but my idea of hell is making small talk with a bunch of strangers at what - to us - is one of the best parts of the day.

I realise some people have made friends for life on their dining tables but there are many who've had miserable experiences or had to tolerate the type of people they would never spend time with at home.

If the only option was to have to share a table with strangers every night I would choose a different type of holiday :)

Edited by Bobal

It's all you, take care of what is important. do you not fill this info out, way in advance, yes. and you always like to confirm if a better seat is around.

You picked a cabin room, so yes you picked a Dining Area.

They will give you a table fitted for Four, they will take away the two chairs and setting, if the 1st/2nd seating is the same as you, if not, They will take it away, only the settings when you are seated.

You may sit on the side, with groups lined up shown in pictures all on the site here, not the first or last topic about this.

Check in early, you can always change your table, any time you like, and see the change in advance, you may like the change, or hate it. reasons people change are the people not used to other people, the company may not be the best, but we-all cope with it

Peace Gopro63

No, you can't 'always change your table'. You can always request a change. Usually it can be granted - if not the first night then perhaps later in the cruise. Many cruises are booked fully these days so changes are not always a guarantee. I know this from experiencing it, not theory. Just clarifying for the OP.

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise (4 night Bahama cruise). I booked this online and requested traditional dining, but I didn't see a place to request table size. We want a table for two. We will be on the Infinity ship.

A TA can request that for you. If you're booking it yourself,you'll need to see the Maitre D & request the table for 2 upon boarding. Should be easy to do.

It's NOT the LOCATION of the table...it's the COMPANY at the table.....don't worry about location!

dear cb, I guess you just cannot understand that some people DO NOT WANT COMPANY, they just want a quiet,maybe a little romantic table for them and their spouse, SO, partner, whatever. :rolleyes::eek:

Tagging on: I will be solo in December and enjoy my alone time greatly. Can I assume I should have the same chances for a two-top (to dine alone) if requested?

Also, I read in another thread that you can have MDR meals delivered as room service. I asked the person to clarify/confirm (e.g., perhaps this is a suite perk?) but I think they have me on ignore. :) just wondering if that is a real thing, as I would definitely take advantage of it.

I always sail solo....yes, if you want to sit by yourself, it should not be

a problem and yes, you can order through room service what is being

offered on the dinner menu from the main dining room.

I prefer eating with other folks but if you want to dine alone, just tell

the hostess (if you are doing select dining).

Edited by Lois R

Nice to see the introverts having their turn at last. Eating at a table with strangers is something I would expect to find in Dante's vision of hell.

Extroverts talk about it as if it is something you "should" do and one of the best parts of cruising. They just don't get it. For me it's one of the things that had me avoiding cruises for a very long time.

Quoted for truth!

I always sail solo....yes, if you want to sit by yourself, it should not be

a problem and yes, you can order through room service what is being

offered on the dinner menu from the main dining room.

I prefer eating with other folks but if you want to dine alone, just tell

the hostess (if you are doing select dining).

A great thing about select dining is that you have the flexibility to vary your choice as the mood strikes you, to dine alone at times when you don't feel like engaging in conversation, or to dine with others when you are feeling more sociable.

This choice is not limited to solo cruisers.

Many of us who cruise with a spouse or other stateroom companion do not always eat all meals together, for one reason or another.

We also may want to share a table with others one time, or may want to be left alone in peace, or only order a few things and get in and out of the dining room quickly another time.

At the entrance to the dining room, you just tell the maitre d' or hostess (or whoever is doing the seating) what type of table you want for that meal.

Or if you arrive at a busy time and just want to be seated ASAP, you can request first available.

Ordering room service is another good option, especially when tired after a busy day and not in the mood to start getting dressed to go anywhere, most enjoyable if you have a balcony.

Edited by varoo

Does anyone have specific table numbers for tables for 2 Person that they would recommend in the MDR?

We will be on the Equinox this month

We had table 131 by the window on the right hand side. Great location. This was last November.