Oasis balacony cabin questions

My TA just contacted me saying that he could offer me a free upgrade.

We are sailing Oasis, for the first time. This is our first balcony so we want a good view. I am very noise averse however. My cabin is 7556. The choices for my upgrade are 11706 or 14554.

From the deck plans, I do not see why this is considered an upgrade. Does anyone know?

Looks like deck 14 has sports courts and things that can cause noise and its far forward.

Deck 11 looks good except I'm a bit far from the elevator if I take that room.

My husband does get a little motion sick so possibly lower better for him.

Is the view alot better from higher up?

We like being close to food and good coffee. I heard the Windjammer is very crowded at breakfast. Are these higher decks too far from the expresso/cafe promenade and the other breakfast venues? Are the elevators hard to get.

These questions probably seem dumb but I don't see this as an upgrade and I am not a cruise pro so don't understand categories.

Thanks so much for any answers!

The higher the deck, the more expensive...just like in apartment building! The "penthouse" is always on top. Just because they charge more, doesn't mean it suits you best! Cabins within the same category are identical....so deck level doesn't get you more space...just a higher price.

None of the cabins are exposed to public areas or traffic. RCI does a great job of keeping cabin apart from the general public areas. Go with your gut....pick the cabin that's right for YOU!

I would not pick deck 14. If its forward, its near adventure ocean -- potential noise and traffic. Also busy deck above, plus deck 15 overhangs deck 14 and I personally don't like the overhang directly above my balcony.

mac_tlc

Technically it's an upgrade because your're going from a D8 to a D6, However, the stateroom is the same exact size, and I like your location on deck 7 better.

Technically it's an upgrade because your're going from a D8 to a D6, However, the stateroom is the same exact size, and I like your location on deck 7 better.

I agree. That is NOT an upgrade at all. D3-D8 cabins on the Oasis are identical. You have chosen the location that you like. Stick with it.

Bon Voyage!

:)

Two very big drawbacks on deck 14, the stateroom is all close to the nursery and children's areas and then on top of you is public deck 15 which have whirlpools, pools and chaise lounges, I would avoid this at all cost, deck 11 is right in the aft but I prefer your chosen stateroom only my main concern is what is the white blank box opposite your stateroom it could very well be the service elevator perhaps? I would not like that if it were but I love that area of the ship a lot more quiet, one deck down to boardwalk and one deck up to Central Park.

We loved Deck 11. Then there's this: if someone wants you out of your chosen room, you could wind up in the middle of a group you don't want to be in. We were in the middle of a family who had booked 6 rooms, 3 on either side of us. While they didn't really bother us, they did go out on their balconies to talk to each other, so we were sometimes caught in the middle of that. It wasn't really a problem; I just thought I'd throw that out there for you to consider.

We loved Deck 11. Then there's this: if someone wants you out of your chosen room, you could wind up in the middle of a group you don't want to be in. We were in the middle of a family who had booked 6 rooms, 3 on either side of us. While they didn't really bother us, they did go out on their balconies to talk to each other, so we were sometimes caught in the middle of that. It wasn't really a problem; I just thought I'd throw that out there for you to consider.

Glad to hear you like Deck 11. We have 11706 booked on Harmony in September. Originally had 8704 booked but found if we moved from D8 to D6 it was actually less expensive. Really looking forward to being that high up on the ship.

Kathy