questions about breakfast on the Breeze

beachbum53

On all of our previous cruises, we have always gone to the buffet for breakfast. However, on our upcoming cruise on the Breeze, we're planning on at least once having breakfast in the MDR. As I understand it, seating is open, and dress is casual. Is breakfast served in both dining rooms, or just one? If you're with a large group of family and friends (children and adults), maybe 15-20 (or more), is it possible to make arrangements ahead of time with the maitre d' to have your group seated together in the same area, so that you can socialize with each other while having breakfast? Think of it as a sort of Meet & Greet with bacon and eggs instead of beer and cocktails. I'd like to know if anyone has done this before, and how did it work out for you?

I know for a fact they have mdr breakfasts in the blush dining room, aft and I don't know if they serve in both dining rooms or not. I do not know if you can request to sit together ahead of time but most mornings, the mdr isn't crowded and you could probably arrange to have everyone seated together. On some seaday brunch days it does get crowded though. No dress code at all, unlike dinner. You could go in gym shorts and a tshirt and they wouldn't care or so I have seen in my experience. They also offer alcoholic drinks at the brunch, I am sure they would love to sell as many mimosas and bloody marys as they can at breakfast if they can. MDR breakfast isn't really my thing as I like the lido breakfast buffet concept but I have done it in the past.

Remember that there will be "breakfast" in the MDR on port days and "brunch" on sea days. I don't know if you can pre-arrange seating, but it might be worth a try.

Most likely our get-together would be on a sea day. What are the hours for the brunch? I will most likely ask our PVP if she has the e-mail address for the maitre' d on the Breeze, so that arrangements could be made well in advance. I hope it works out. It'll be sort of like a family reunion. The best part? No "pot luck". No one has to cook! Just show up, eat, and have a good time. Then go change into bathing suits and hit the waterworks! :)

The sea day brunches on the Breeze will have a higher capacity than the port day breakfasts. I believe that the brunch hours are from 830-130. If you're adamant about doing it on a sea day, then I would try to get something set up ahead of time for right when the MDR opens up, which would make it easier for all involved and then you could have your group assigned to 2-3 adjacent large tables so you could have your "meet, greet & eat." Good luck.

The sea day brunches on the Breeze will have a higher capacity than the port day breakfasts. I believe that the brunch hours are from 830-130. If you're adamant about doing it on a sea day, then I would try to get something set up ahead of time for right when the MDR opens up, which would make it easier for all involved and then you could have your group assigned to 2-3 adjacent large tables so you could have your "meet, greet & eat." Good luck.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about having our group breakfast when the MDR first opens up. It all depends on what the maitre d' tells me when I ask. It's not that I'm adamant about having it on a sea day, but I think there would be a greater participation than on a port day when everyone is trying to get ready to go on excursions and wouldn't have time for a leisurely sit down breakfast.

If everyone in your group shows up at the MDR together then they will seat you in nearby tables if you ask. I am not sure what arrangement needs to be made ahead of time as the dining room is not usually crowded on those days.

The dining room was very crowded on the Breeze on sea days for Brunch. On port days, not crowded.

we love to go to dining rooms when it is open, they have always found us a table or put us next to each other for our group of 14 but they want everyone there to seat you. as you said, open seating and casal dress, no need to dress up. very nice to sit down and be waited on instead of waiting on yourself. enjoy it

we love to go to dining rooms when it is open, they have always found us a table or put us next to each other for our group of 14 but they want everyone there to seat you. as you said, open seating and casal dress, no need to dress up. very nice to sit down and be waited on instead of waiting on yourself. enjoy it

It stands to reason that everyone would need to be there to be seated. I can't speak for everyone, but when I'm hungry and ready for breakfast, I tend to get a little impatient if I have to wait for the stragglers to arrive. At least, that's how it is when we have a large family get-together at a restaurant here at home. There are about 12 of us that get together once a month for a Saturday morning breakfast, and my sister (God bless her) is notorious for being 15 - 20 minutes late.

I'm not really understanding this brunch thing. Is it still a sit down meal or a brunch style meal where you get up and get different selections (like a buffet but with ambiance....) as in a land based restaurant??

If the latter is the case, it would be like going to the buffet anyways, right?

Hi Beachbum :)

I just wanted to drop you some info below. I see the other members

already answered many of your questions.

Have a terrific day!

brunclunch8888_zps29e7f863.jpg

Info above can be located at:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/BreezeShipFeaturesPublicAreas.htm

Additional info at:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/breeze/breeze.ashx

Carnival Breeze maitre d email:

brmaitred@carnival.com

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Hi Beachbum :)

I edited my previous reply & added the Breeze maitre'd email address for

you.

:)

Oh wow! Thank-you! You're welcome to join our humble group. Come have breakfast/brunch with us. Then join us adults at the waterworks so we can embarrass the kids.:D Oh wait. I see that you'll be boarding the Breeze on the day we get back. Oh well. We'll try to take good care of the ship for you.

Edited by beachbum53