Traveling Solo on Azamara

beezer248

I am considering a pretty last minute booking on Azamara Sidney to Auckland in February. My DH cannot be gone for the 16 days, and I have no problem traveling solo. But, I have never sailed with Azamara ( many cruises on RCI, Celebrity, Windstar, NCL and one each with Lindblad/National Geographic & Oceania). Just wondering on a smaller ship, if it will be awkward to be by oneself i.e. is it all couples? I am in my early 50's, and also wondering what the general demographic is age wise. Thank you so much for any information.

On our TA, Southampton to Montreal, in September, arrangements were made for solo travellers to eat together.

We had breakfast on the last morning with one of them and she praised the Roll Call for introducing her to passengers via pre arranged tours.

I always am traveling solo. I have met a lot of people and pretty regularly we book the same cruises. They have a solo dinner every night. The 1st night usually hosted by the CD or the Activity Director. If you want to vary, go to the dining room around 7 and they will surely seat you with others.

I am considering a pretty last minute booking on Azamara Sidney to Auckland in February. My DH cannot be gone for the 16 days, and I have no problem traveling solo. But, I have never sailed with Azamara ( many cruises on RCI, Celebrity, Windstar, NCL and one each with Lindblad/National Geographic & Oceania). Just wondering on a smaller ship, if it will be awkward to be by oneself i.e. is it all couples? I am in my early 50's, and also wondering what the general demographic is age wise. Thank you so much for any information.

Hello beezer248,

You'll be warmly welcomed onboard. Be sure to attend our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle party on the first night.

Last year I published a blog post, Sailing Solo, Happily: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/sailing-solo-happily

We look forward to welcoming you aboard this February!

Each time on board AZ, I've met quite a few solo travelers. They have told me that AZ'a single supplement policy makes the cruise more affordable than traveling solo on lots of other lines. AZ passengers are extraordinarily friendly and solo travelers are embraced in the good times.

I normally cruise on Crystal where the Verandah stateroom single supplement is 140% so I haven't tried Azamara. The last time I checked the solo supplement on Azamara was 200%. Has that changed?

It varies. They are currently running a promotion until end March whereby the 2nd passenger gets half off and solo travelers therefore pay 150%. There is also a long list of specific sailing that are currently available to solo travelers for 125%. That list gets updated continuously and is worth keeping an eye on. And the nice thing is - it's for all cabin categories, so a great opportunity to get an excellent suite deal.

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Not sure how long the option is open but I recently booked a balcony cabin on the April 18th 2017 Barcelona to Rome sailing that had NO solo supplement. I have never seen that on any line prior! Can't wait to go. Sailed Azamara once prior as a solo and was treated extremely well.

I normally cruise on Crystal where the Verandah stateroom single supplement is 140% so I haven't tried Azamara. The last time I checked the solo supplement on Azamara was 200%. Has that changed?

The current 125% list:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/luxury-cruise-deals/savings-singles?_ga=1.179017763.683315511.1473772154

Phil, thanks for posting the link. Do you think that there may be additions or would it be smart to grab something now? Hope you're having a great cruise!

Melissa

Hey Melissa. If it were me and a cruise I wanted to do was on the list I'd probably book it, but there may very well be additions as the year goes on. If a 125% cruise is selling particularly well then I guess they may take it off the list too.