Where to find reduced single supplements?

wm.scott

Does anyone know of a place to go, that lists cruises with reduced single supplements?

I've noted that several lines will sometimes reduce the single supplements, but to find them, I've had to search one-by-one to get a price that isn't based on double-occupancy.

Does anyone list solo prices without all that searching?

Does anyone know of a place to go, that lists cruises with reduced single supplements?

I've noted that several lines will sometimes reduce the single supplements, but to find them, I've had to search one-by-one to get a price that isn't based on double-occupancy.

Does anyone list solo prices without all that searching?

There is a large on line TA site that lists solo prices. Rules of this board prevent me from posting the name. I use this site to identify those bargains and then book through the cruise line site, usually with line discounts. Case in point is my next cruise, Panama Canal, 14 day RCCL for 1661.00

Actually, there is no place to just go and see what you are asking

about. Many times the cruiselines reduce the SS at the very last

minute....or maybe a few weeks before a certain sailing. I know

what site norcalal is talking about but as they mentioned we are

not allowed to mention travel agencies on here.

If you have a specific cruise in mind? You can call the specific cruiseline

and see if they are offering anything special in regards to a lower SS.

Otherwise? I would suggest the same thing as calliopecruiser and

maybe find yourself a TA, someone that specializies in cruises who

can help you.

Posts have been removed from this thread.

Please note the following from Travel Agent Recommendations in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership:

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Also, see Management of this Community in the Guidelines. Note it states the following:

Discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will be removed without notice. All decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final.

Cruise Critic has the right ti exercise and apply our guidelines at any level we see fit, at our sole discretion, at any time.

BR> If you have comments or concerns regarding the management of this community, please address them to: community@cruisecritic.com.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Kat

You just have to know where you want to go and what you are willing to pay...there are variables.

For instance, a cruise on a luxury cruise line may have a very low supplement, but their rates may be higher to begin with. That can hold true for any cruise line.

So, do you want to pay, for instance, $5k and low single supplement or $3k and higher supplement for the same itinerary?

Dear Host,

We are not asking where to PURCHASE, only where to look. I too find it so time consuming to search that I've always just given up. But... I am agreeable to sailing anywhere given the right price. So lacking this information has caused me to NEVER go solo :(

What are the chances that Cruise Critic would provide this information? :D

Too bad that CC does not have the PM function that most of the forum sites have. It makes it possible for forum members to send info to each other while keeping their email addresses offsite. It makes communicating info that sites don't want public easier among forum "friends".

Dear Host,

We are not asking where to PURCHASE, only where to look. I too find it so time consuming to search that I've always just given up. But... I am agreeable to sailing anywhere given the right price. So lacking this information has caused me to NEVER go solo

What are the chances that Cruise Critic would provide this information?

Click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 for the Cruise Critic article titled Solo Cruising Basics. Note the following under Keep tabs on the latest solo "sales.":

... Many cruise lines offer price breaks on occasion, depending on the season and on how many cabins are booked on individual ships...

... These offerings can change from week to week, so keep checking back, or sign up for cruise line e-mail alerts to find out about the newest promotions.

Here's a tip: If you can be very flexible about your travel plans, some cruise lines may extend last minute solo discounts on close-in sailings. They're not always well-publicized, so be sure to ask your travel agent if there are any sales currently. Also check the Cruise Critic Solo Cruisers and Singles Cruises forums for news of the latest solo deals...

Also, click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruisestyles/area.cfm?area=28 for the Cruise Styles - Singles Cruises section. Scroll down to Singles Cruise Deals where the editors post their latest information.

Don't forget to see the latest posts on the thread titled Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=851324. Note the thread is for bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES, not travel agents/agencies or group cruises. The names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in any Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts. The same applies to posts promoting non-Cruise Critic group cruises.

Too bad that CC does not have the PM function that most of the forum sites have. It makes it possible for forum members to send info to each other while keeping their email addresses offsite. It makes communicating info that sites don't want public easier among forum "friends".

Yes, we have the default set to not automatically show e-mail addresses in member profiles and have disabled the e-mail and private messaging functions for the message board. (More about instant messaging further down in this reply.) What this does is give our members control over who contacts them, allowing them to make a concerted decision to show their e-mail addresses in their on-line signatures or in one of their posts.

You can put your e-mail address in your signature or posts and ask others to e-mail you. However, I suggest you do it using the following format: hostkat at cruisecritic dot com. This should prevent harvesting by spam-bots.

Also, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=685082 for an oldie but goody thread titled Specific Message to Specific User. Note Globaliser's reply concerning setting up a new cut-out e-mail address.

If you and another member have your own registered identities for certain instant messaging networks and have placed the info in your profiles, you will be able to contact each other via instant messages.

Click on User CP or Quick Links then Edit Profile. Scroll down to the Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members section. You will see the following:

Instant Messaging

You may enter your registered identity for the instant messaging networks if you would like other visitors to be able to contact you using that medium.

ICQ Number im_icq.gif

AIM Screen Name im_aim.gif

MSN Messenger Handle im_msn.gif

Yahoo! Messenger Handle im_yahoo.gif

Skype Name im_skype.gif

Once you have entered your registered identity and click the Save Changes button, your network logo will appear in the upper right corner of all your posts under your join date & post count. You and other Cruise Critic members with the same instant messenger network will be able to click the logos appearing on your posts to contact each other. There will be other instructions appearing when you do so.

And finally, please note Laura's Announcement titled

Have a question about Cruise Critic? Need info on our Community Guidelines? Please write to us at community@cruisecritic.com at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=163&a=274 that states the following:

If you have questions, comments, concerns regarding management of these forums please address them to us at: community@cruisecritic.com rather than posting on the forums...

Please send your e-mail to Laura from your e-mail address of record on your Cruise Critic account and include your user name.

Kat

I paid a grand total of 378 for an interior cabin on royal caribbean last November (11 day cruise) by waiting until a week before to book. If you have the patience and the ability to literally plan and go, you will almost certainly find deals that are too good to turn down.

I just booked a balcony solo for under 1200. This was a special Royal Caribbean sale with NJ resident discounts. I saw there was a sale, I went to look and I liked what I saw so I booked. I had been prepared to go in an inside for less but on a per night basis it was such a small amount it was worth it.

Sign up for the email offers from the various cruise lines. They send them out on a weekly, bi weekly or monthly basis. It does not take a great effort to find out when there are sales.

I'd like to know that too.

NorCal is correct. There is an Internet travel agency that list discounts for solo travelers, firefighters, teachers etc.

I did the same as NorCal and then called RCCL. I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise for 12 days for less than $100 per day!

Archived