Platinum Rewards

I just came got off the Pearl on Friday and while on board I noticed a reduction in Platinum rewards. Both my mother and I are Platinum, but on certain items, it was one per cabin-not one per Platinum member. We got one bottle of champagne, one box of chocolates, one behind the scenes tour and one bag of laundry. When we asked the cruise consultant about the change, he looked at me like it was always that way and pulled up the computer screen to show me that is the rule. I come home and do not see anything alluding to it is one per cabin. I have 225 pts an my mother has 232, so we are not new to the program and always received our own benefits when traveling together in the same cabin. We did get 2 dinners in Le Bistro, but had to keep going back to the desk to have the $80 charge removed since we pre-booked it before departure. It was like pulling teeth to get the $80 removed from the account. Anyone else notice that they have take benefits away?

Ellen

We were on the Gem in late January. One box of chocolates and one bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries per room. We went to sign up for Behind the scenes. Each person can go. The Cruise Consultant had a list of platinum travelers. As far as laundry, we each had bag. On Breakaway, we were told one per room but that isn't right.

I come home and do not see anything alluding to it is one per cabin.

Ellen

It is listed on the tier rewards http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

Please note: Ship pin and onboard discounts are available on all sailings. All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer. Welcome Gift, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine are delivered as one per stateroom. Le Bistro benefit can be used at our Italian or Asian specialty restaurants. Restrictions apply. Latitudes Rewards internet minutes cannot be combined with other internet promotional offers.

We currently have 37 points, but are booked on two B2B cruises on the Star. Each 14 days. We booked way over nine months ahead and there was a Latitudes special. The rules say you get a point for each day of the cruise, double for booking more than 9 months in advance and triple for booking a Latitudes special.

Based on that, we should be platinum on the second cruise, with the first cruise counting 42 points, giving us 79 points (more than 75).

Do we get the platinum benefits on the second cruise?

The sparkling wine and strawberries have been listed as only one per room for as long as I can remember. A couple of years at least.

I don't understand how the behind the scenes tour could be just one per room. Are you saying one person had to pay despite being platinum? If so then that sounds wrong.

Reports lately seem to suggest that people have got multiple laundry benefits.

We currently have 37 points, but are booked on two B2B cruises on the Star. Each 14 days. We booked way over nine months ahead and there was a Latitudes special. The rules say you get a point for each day of the cruise, double for booking more than 9 months in advance and triple for booking a Latitudes special.

Based on that, we should be platinum on the second cruise, with the first cruise counting 42 points, giving us 79 points (more than 75).

Yes you do - BUT since you are travelling B2B it probably doesn't come automatically, since your Latitudes account probably doesn't get all the points credited the same day the first cruise is over. Just talk with the cruise consultant on board and let him/her know about your special "situation" - then I am certain it will be taken care of and you would get what you are entitled to. (You should also bring with you any "proof" of your current Latitudes points, plus proof regarding the extra points (it is probably stated on your booking confirmation with a code on the top right corner. All though the cruise consultant would have access to the information on his/her computer, it is never bad to have it printed on paper as well).

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Here is what the terms & conditions regarding Latitude benefits states on the NCL website:

Gold & Platinum Laundry

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive twenty five (25%) percent off of retail price of bulk bag laundry service. The discount will be reflected on the final bill at the end of your sailing. Platinum members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost.

And here is what it states regarding the Platinum Behind the Scenes Tour:

Platinum Behind-the-Scenes Tour

All Platinum members are able to join Norwegian on a complimentary Behind-the-Scenes Tour of a Norwegian ship. Behind-the-Scenes Tours are only available on sailings five (5) days or longer.

Edited by TrumpyNOR

My next cruise is a 15 nighter with mom. We had better each get our bag of laundry. Or else deck 9 on the Sun will be freestyle as I will have run out of clean clothes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful in counting on your extra points for "latitudes special". There are Latitudes Specials of different types and there are Latitude Insider Offers. You ONLY get the extra point for the Latitude Insider Offers, not for the other specials.

Check your invoice...if the promo code "LATITUDES" appears, you will get the extra point.

Be careful in counting on your extra points for "latitudes special". There are Latitudes Specials of different types and there are Latitude Insider Offers. You ONLY get the extra point for the Latitude Insider Offers, not for the other specials.

Check your invoice...if the promo code "LATITUDES" appears, you will get the extra point.

If it says LATOFFER that means you're getting some type of OBC.

Harriet

Here is what the terms & conditions regarding Latitude benefits states on the NCL website:

Gold & Platinum Laundry

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive twenty five (25%) percent off of retail price of bulk bag laundry service. The discount will be reflected on the final bill at the end of your sailing. Platinum members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost.

And here is what it states regarding the Platinum Behind the Scenes Tour:

Platinum Behind-the-Scenes Tour

All Platinum members are able to join Norwegian on a complimentary Behind-the-Scenes Tour of a Norwegian ship. Behind-the-Scenes Tours are only available on sailings five (5) days or longer.

I know that is what the website says, but when you are on board without that proof, the screen the personal cruise consultant shows you says it is per cabin.

I know that is what the website says, but when you are on board without that proof, the screen the personal cruise consultant shows you says it is per cabin.

If anyone is ever in a similar situation, and you have a smartphone, tablet or the like with you, remember you can access ncl.com for free when onboard, so you can show them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if a quick little note to social media @ ncl.com might benefit you and your cause. I know it states per cabin for some thing like wine & strawberries, etc. but I also know the Laundry is per plat. member so just wondering if perhaps some additional training may be necessary on some ships or if they are reducing the perks, as they have a right to do I guess.

I wonder if a quick little note to social media @ ncl.com might benefit you and your cause. I know it states per cabin for some thing like wine & strawberries, etc. but I also know the Laundry is per plat. member so just wondering if perhaps some additional training may be necessary on some ships or if they are reducing the perks, as they have a right to do I guess.

I would think contacting the Latitudes Department would be far more productive than "social media".

Don't worry about it, it isn't your fault that you didn't know. ;)

Thanks SeaShark, for your kind words but I should have thought about it, I swear it's old age creeping up at a fast gallop.... :eek: ::sigh::

cheers,

Connie

On the BA a couple weeks ago it was one bag of laundry per lats member, the ships tour was listed on one certificate with both of our names. Two certificates for Le Bistro and said could be used in any venue with cover charge less than $20.

The behind the scenes is a bit tricky - you have to register the first day between 4-7 and it was on Monday at 10:15. Our CC M&G was at 11:00 so we could not make the tour. So for those of you on the BA going to the M&G and who are Platinum you could have this same issue.

On the BA a couple weeks ago it was one bag of laundry per lats member, the ships tour was listed on one certificate with both of our names. Two certificates for Le Bistro and said could be used in any venue with cover charge less than $20.

The behind the scenes is a bit tricky - you have to register the first day between 4-7 and it was on Monday at 10:15. Our CC M&G was at 11:00 so we could not make the tour. So for those of you on the BA going to the M&G and who are Platinum you could have this same issue.

No! Our M&G on the Getaway is Sunday, the first sea day at 11 a.m. and I'm in charge of it and can't go. However, I really want to do the behind the scenes on this ship. That cruise goes from Sat. to Sat. I hope this won't be the case!

Harriet

No! Our M&G on the Getaway is Sunday, the first sea day at 11 a.m. and I'm in charge of it and can't go. However, I really want to do the behind the scenes on this ship. That cruise goes from Sat. to Sat. I hope this won't be the case!

Harriet

I have been on cruises where they have had two different groups (at different times) of Platinum members going on the behind-the-scenes-tour just because it was too many to do just one tour.

My suggestion is that you visit the cruise consultant desk on the arrival day, and explains the situation. Maybe they can do an extra tour for the Platinums that take part at the M&G? No harm in asking - maybe they say yes and maybe they say no... :p