First time cruise to Bermuda

On Explorer of the Seas - 5 days leaving the 9th of August.

Have a few questions:

1) How formal is the formal night? I really do not want to pack a jacket or suit - too much space, too many wrinkles, too much hassle. Any chance I can get away with a nice dress shirt and tie?

2) How early can we realistically get on the boat to explore?

3) How soon would we be able to get off the ship? at port (either port)?

4) Sea Pas - it needs to be signed but no place to sign and do both of us sign one pass or do we sign separate passes?

5) Any way to know what movies/live shows they will have before sailing?

6) I would like to go to a local restaurant - decently prices and mush have shrimp (for my wife). Will likely do dinner on first day as we have 2 excursions - one morning and the other in the evening. Probably lunch on day 2...

Thanks,

Brian

Yes, you can get away with the shirt and tie.

Boarding generally starts around 11:30am

As soon as they give the "all clear", you simply walk off the ship! If it says 8 am (for example), it should be right around that time.

You only need 1 name on the set sail pass and one signature.

Can't help with movies or shows...the guest entertainers change weekly.

Have a few questions:

1) How formal is the formal night? I really do not want to pack a jacket or suit - too much space, too many wrinkles, too much hassle. Any chance I can get away with a nice dress shirt and tie?

Yes - shirt and tie will be fine.

Boarding is usually by 11:00 AM.

In our experience within 15-30 minutes of docking in Bermuda.

4) Sea Pas - it needs to be signed but no place to sign and do both of us sign one pass or do we sign separate passes?

Only one SeaPass with authorization to accept charges on the assigned credit card needs to be signed at the pier.

Not likely. But you can email web_reservations@rccl.com and ask about the entertainment for your sailing date. They may be able to provide movie information as well.

6) I would like to go to a local restaurant - decently prices and mush have shrimp (for my wife). Will likely do dinner on first day as we have 2 excursions - one morning and the other in the evening. Probably lunch on day 2...

Thanks,

Brian

See my responses above.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Have a few questions:

Thanks,

Brian

If you want bring a jacket and are concerned about wrinkles, you can have the laundry steam it a a nominal cost.

Be aware that prices in Bermuda are high for meals, almost everything is imported.

Bermuda is beautiful. Have a great time!

Thanks for the info - the link to the Bermuda attractions is great as is hte Bermuda forum I missed. I do know meals will be pretty expensive - been looking at the list of places at the attractions link.

Another question - is transportation arranged for the excursions or do we have to find our way there?

Thanks for the info - the link to the Bermuda attractions is great as is hte Bermuda forum I missed. I do know meals will be pretty expensive - been looking at the list of places at the attractions link.

Another question - is transportation arranged for the excursions or do we have to find our way there?

If you have booked cruise line excursions, transportation is included. Otherwise you are responsible for arranging transportation.

Any RCL booked excursion transportation will be provided. For any other travel on the island I recommend a 2 day transit pass. It is affordable and takes you anywhere you want to go. It is good for both the busses and the ferry. Buy the tickets at the marina to the left after you leave the fenced pier area.

Have a few questions:

Thanks,

Brian

I'm not bitter. I'm really not. I know that it sounds that way. Disappointed, yes. Disgusted by *some*, yes. But not bitter.

Wear whatever you want on formal night. RC doesn't care any more. Come as you are. Free for all. Do whatever you want. Bring a tux, a jacket, a shirt, a t-shirt, a tank top, a jogging bra. Wear formal pants, wear khakis, wear jeans, wear shorts, wear Daisy Dukes, wear a thong. No one will do anything.

Nakedness MAY get you stopped at the door.

:rolleyes:

Have a few questions:

Thanks,

Brian

A good lunch spot is the Frog & Onion.

"A good lunch spot is the Frog & Onion.":

Thanks for the info.

Wife would kill me if I did anything less than a good shirt, Dockers minimum, and nicer shoes than tennis shoes. :)

We will be doing the mu time dining.

Leaving to drive to NJ tomorrow morning...

IME, the "no place to sign on the Set Sail Pass" thing has been ONLY on Explorer cruises.

I just signed in the big blank space. :D

I never signed it. When I asked about signing it at the check in desk I was told it is the 'new' way and it did not need to be signed.